This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -PITBULL-
    Well seeing that the Asgards use GREEK Mythology aswell , I would like to see SG-1 Find Olympos or have the Atlantis team find some info about the 4 great races ... Maybe name each race with a CITY SHIP of there own that was a gift from the Ancients then selfs ...

The Asgards could have Olympos , seeing how they took on the Greek Gods ...

Then you would have to name the Noxs City Ship ... Dont know of a Peaceful Mythology out there but it would have to do with somethign peaceful ...

Furlings would also have to have there own CityShip , sense we have never really meet the Furlings i wouldnt now where to start with naming there CityShip ....

But this would have been a great way for all 4 Races to stay in contant with each other ... Would have also be a sign of peace from the Ancients to the others ...
    Um.. The Asgard NEVER used Greek mythology... even the name Asgard comes from norse mythology
    check list

Norse - Asgard
    Roman - Anciant
    Greek- Goa'uld
    Chinise- Goa'uld
    Babylonian/ Sumarrian - Goa'uld
    Arthurian- Anaciant
    anciant amarican ( Myan, aztec,inca etc. )- Goa'uld / crystal skull aliens
    Celtic- Goa'uld

but also to be sure the Goa'uld Co-opted those identaties from the Human population so they could rule them easaly, when ra first came to earth ( at the time he was the supream lord of the goa'uld) when Ra left they ALL lest , and took their followers with thme ( or at least a fair chunk of them)
    Have a thirst for galactic conquest??
    Join the Battle

http://uc1.GamesTotal.com/?tft=cf20

Comment

http://www.lemuria.net/

Sounds a lot like Atlantis to me
      "For NASA, space is still a high priority."
      ...George W. Bush, 9/5/93
      "[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."
      ...George W. Bush

Comment

hey... Nox _DO_ have flying city. Maybe they forgot one somewhere? Or maybe theirs has some of Ancient tachnology in it? Maybe Nox teached Ancients much about peace and everything (they were spiritual race, which led Ancients to ascend), while Ancients gave Nox some tech?

Knowing that Nox hide their flying ship, it would also make nice place to put Merlin's weap there...
        VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

I think the Nox would be all the peaceful fairies and forest nymphs from all around the world
          War does not determine who is right, war determines who is left.

Comment

My theory on Olympus is that its actually the Summit Station. I believe it originally resided in Earth orbit, and when the rebellion took place it was moved.

Olympus is mearly described as the home of the gods, and that it was amongst the clouds. The Goa'uld dominated greek culture, and they severely lack the technology and motivation to create a floating city of any kind or size.

The Romans obsorbed the greek pantheon, they didn't create it. The Romans merged their gods with that of the Greeks. Jupiter was their supreme god, and so they merged it with Zeus. The Roman religion was seperate from, and almost as old as, the Greek religion until a few hundred years before Christ.
            It was all about quick and painless assimilation of the Greeks.

However, Valhalla is an idea. The Asgard possess the tech, resources, and benevolence(sp?)/motivation to build such a city. Although I don't think it would be a ship, it would probably be stationary, on another world, and without a gate. The Asgard would scoop up some particularly faithfull chap and whisk them away to live in a splendid paradise to seek enlightenment, or some such thing. Or perhaps it was used as rehab for former hosts of the goa'uld? Living with a snake in your head for a few hundred years would be very traumatising, if you could call it living.

Comment

I think Halla as in the planet was the reference to Valhalla
              ...George W. Bush

Comment

Originally posted by bandras
                I think Halla as in the planet was the reference to Valhalla

I don't remember that planet. Please elaborate.

Comment

That was the planet where the human-form replicators developed, it's sun became a black hole

It might have been just Hala with 1 L
                  ...George W. Bush

Comment

<snip>
                    i apologize to anyone who witnessed the little verbal spat on here... unfortuantely, someone thought i was referring to them in my post, and also that i was posting like a... well i won't use that language here... i do not think i was posting harshly... i think i was merely pointing out, with emphasis, that olympus wasn't a city... so back to the topic at hand........ shangri'la...
                    Last edited by Skydiver; 28 August 2006, 06:53 AM.
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

touche

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano
                        i'm thinking "the tower" was babylon... don't forget about heliopolis!

olympus was NOT a frickin city!!! it was the realm of the gods situated on top of a mountain... a very large mountain at that...

shangri'la would be the best bet for a new ancient city... it could be the center point of the ascended ancients, where they story their entire repository of knowledge (as shangri'la did have a very large and extensive library)... and sg-1 or daniel could wind up there and finally learn exactly why the ancients will not interfere...

olympus is... too mainstream mythology for stargate... the arthurian/merlin storyline is pushing the boundaries IMO... i'd prefer that they writers stick to the less mainstream mythologies, ones that are recognized, but not completely known (egyptian, norse, etc)

I know Olympos is not a city, so does everyone else. But if you want to go into this then search for Atlantis. It was originally an Island, or a continent, which sank. Shangri'la isn't a city either, it's a valley, more like a 'garden of Eden', so if I was wrong, then so were you. But I don't want to argue about that, so
                        Sorry for not being exact in the original post. I'll change it.
                        Once again, I don't want to argue with anyone, you were right, so I'll correct the 1st post.
                        ...George W. Bush

Comment

Everyone want to take a step back please. Maybe take a little break from the thread and come back in a bit when tempers are a bit calmer
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bandras
                            I know Olympos is not a city, so does everyone else. But if you want to go into this then search for Atlantis. It was originally an Island, or a continent, which sank. Shangri'la isn't a city either, it's a valley, more like a 'garden of Eden', so if I was wrong, then so were you. But I don't want to argue about that, so
                            Sorry for not being exact in the original post. I'll change it.
                            Once again, I don't want to argue with anyone, you were right, so I'll correct the 1st post.
                            valid points, however, atlantis is often referred to as the "lost city of atlantis" and shangri'la, while yes, it is a valley near the big mountain of karakal (sp?), but one could make the case for SL as a city, not in the urban sense, but in the sense that a small, secluded civilization thrives there... i'll fill in more info on SL when i'm done reading Lost Horizon
                            Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                            Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                            Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                            Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by silence
                              Knowing that Nox hide their flying ship, it would also make nice place to put Merlin's weap there...
                              not really - they're too pacifist to use it, and they'd prevent SG1 from finding it if they're aware of it. in fact, they'd probably have destroyed it by now. not to mention the part where they won't want to show off any tech to SG1 either.

but... are there any lost cave systems? that would make sense - the least likely of places...
                              Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano
                                valid points, however, atlantis is often referred to as the "lost city of atlantis" and shangri'la, while yes, it is a valley near the big mountain of karakal (sp?), but one could make the case for SL as a city, not in the urban sense, but in the sense that a small, secluded civilization thrives there... i'll fill in more info on SL when i'm done reading Lost Horizon
                                Right then I think we could have a deal on that Olympos could be refered as place where the greek gods live posible that it is the city of the gods
                                In science fiction not everything has to be perfectly correct, and have a perfect connection to 'real' life. So Shangri'la, Olympos; neither of these is a city, but in SG-1 they COULD be.
                                Deal?
                                ...George W. Bush

Comment

Working...
                                X