This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other lost cities

Olympos, Lemuria, El Dorado, Shangri-La, Xanadu...

Yes, they're all lost cities (EDIT: and places) from earth history and mythology. What stories you could imagine with these, or any other lost cities ( hasn't got to be ancient-related )

For example Olympos ( home of the greek gods ) could be an ancient city ship in the pre-historic Greece, an outpost of the ancients, 'cause who said, that Atlantis was their only city on Earth...
    Last edited by bandras; 28 August 2006, 06:54 AM.
    "For NASA, space is still a high priority."
    ...George W. Bush, 9/5/93
    "[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."
    ...George W. Bush

Well it would make sense if atlantis was the only city...

1. Ancient stargate in antartica
    2. If Go'auld stargate is active it would mean Go'auld occupation of the region surrounding the stargate (and possibly the planet)
    SIGN THE PETITION TO SAVE SG1!!!!!.....NO I DON'T HAVE THE LINK LOL.....

I understand wormhole physics..... I need to get out more

Comment

It could be the same "city ship" that has been changed name as its location on earth changed...

Comment

I think olympus is the most likely because of the clsoe historic link between ancient SG mythology (in the early dates they were the builders of roads, who were the romans historicly)..the mythology of rome is copy of greek mythology so olympus could be a ancient or at least a city of the 4GR's...
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Atlantis isn't only city... well, at least in Pegasus ("The Tower").
          Is it impossible that there is another in MW?
          On planet with no gate? (city has it own gate)...

If the planet has no gate Goa'uld would probablly not know about it (after all it was Jack who added many gates in SCG DB after he got all that knowlagde).

Is it possible that Merlin's weapon is in one of such cities (shifted into another dimension)? That would make nice story arc for 3-ep ending... Getting weapon, finding another flying city (fully operational, with stockpile of ZPMs, PJs and drones) and they use it in final battle?
          Hmmm... "Merlin's wapon is not..."
          VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

I think the reason the creators used Atlantis is because it was more well-known, that there were more movies and things based around Atlantis.
            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by He-who-must-not-be-cloned
              Well it would make sense if atlantis was the only city...

1. Ancient stargate in antartica
              2. If Go'auld stargate is active it would mean Go'auld occupation of the region surrounding the stargate (and possibly the planet)

Why would there be more than 1 stargate on a planet, even if the cities are spreaded throughout the entire planet ( Earth's 2nd stargate was brought here by Ra, who didn't know about the other one.
              Spoiler:
              And as we saw in SGA 2x15 Tower there were/are more than just 1 cityship(s)

Why we think, that humans are the only beings capable of populating an entire planet, not just the continent where a stargate is located?! But let's suggest, that Antartica was the only continent where ancients lived. Why in just 1 city? It was never said that Atlantis was the ONLY city of the ancients on earth...

But my point wasn't arguing but making up interesting stories about cities of not just the ancients but ALL LOST CITIES FROM EARTH MYTHOLOGY
              ...George W. Bush

Comment

Originally posted by bandras
                But my point wasn't arguing but making up interesting stories about cities of not just the ancients but ALL LOST CITIES FROM EARTH MYTHOLOGY
                unfortunatlly... IMO, we won't see any, no time (unless in new show )
                as far as we know, Lantians that came back to Earth split in two... some ascended, others went to spread life and civilization.

Some of the ascended returned (Merlin offcourse) and we have no idea if he made contact with some of those that went the other way... thus my idea there might be another Ancient city im MW (built by those that returned from Atlantis, but which haven't ascended - they might have been homesick and wantd another city like Atlantis)...

If Merlin knew about another city it is possible that he introduced it into mythology at some point (we don't know WHEN he "descended")...
                He might have taken some people from earth to such ciity for many reason (work force, experiments) and returned them back to Earth, creating another myth about "Lost City" or "City of Gods".

Better?

EDIT :: i would go for El Dorado... just to see Atlantis with golden textures, that would rock
                VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Yeah I was thinking the same but not for the gold ( however that"s fun too ) But for the South American relation,
                  'cause there are 2 powerful races in the stargate universe who has mayan or aztec-like art, one is the crystal skull alien, and the other is the furlings ( in Paradise lost, all things look mayan or aztec to me )
                  So El Dorado could've been a city of one of them...
                  ...George W. Bush

Comment

I was more into "how to wrap S10" mood, but Furlings lost city could become new base in MW in case Ori win ... but that would be like having 2 SGA shows...

Anyway, there is so much in Earth mythology that can be explored in SG universe...
                    VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

I think you folks are onto something.
                      Teal'c: I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-o.
                      O'Neill: ...Call Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by silence
                        Anyway, there is so much in Earth mythology that can be explored in SG universe...
                        Yeah... I kinda miss the mythology thing from the latest seasons. In the beginning, it was much cooler, when we found out all about how the norse gods are the asgard etc. Now it's like... Merlin and Morgan...end of the story
                        ...George W. Bush

Comment

Olypos was probably a goa'uld strong hold ( seeing as how many of the goa'uld used Greek gods as thioer Identatieds) ... I think that the fulings are those giant energy creature that are "out of phase " with out world seen in the crystal skull episode...if so thier "lost city " could be out of phase as well
                          but seeing as how merlin used that kind of technolagy to hid the anti -ori weapon...it could be he allied himself with them , and it is there...so we might end up see them after all :-)

but I doabt we will see much of another antlatice type cuty ship in the milky way, rember after they got back the anciants were fighting off a plauge, it is what lead them to seek ascension in the first place...so there eforts were concentrated on that
                          Have a thirst for galactic conquest??
                          Join the Battle

http://uc1.GamesTotal.com/?tft=cf20

Comment

Well seeing that the Asgards use GREEK Mythology aswell , I would like to see SG-1 Find Olympos or have the Atlantis team find some info about the 4 great races ... Maybe name each race with a CITY SHIP of there own that was a gift from the Ancients then selfs ...

The Asgards could have Olympos , seeing how they took on the Greek Gods ...

Then you would have to name the Noxs City Ship ... Dont know of a Peaceful Mythology out there but it would have to do with somethign peaceful ...

Furlings would also have to have there own CityShip , sense we have never really meet the Furlings i wouldnt now where to start with naming there CityShip ....

But this would have been a great way for all 4 Races to stay in contant with each other ... Would have also be a sign of peace from the Ancients to the others ...

Comment

Uh...the Asgard use Norse mythology.

Comment

Working...
                              X