Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about Babylon? Thats a lost city and its in alot of mythology.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Originally posted by bandras
      Right then I think we could have a deal on that Olympos could be refered as place where the greek gods live posible that it is the city of the gods
      In science fiction not everything has to be perfectly correct, and have a perfect connection to 'real' life. So Shangri'la, Olympos; neither of these is a city, but in SG-1 they COULD be.
      Deal?
      i guess i just don't want to see any more greco-roman mythology brought into the fold

and to Billz... i think that "the tower" may have been a reference to bablyon, or specifically to the tower of babel which was in babylon... but with babylon you're getting into judaic mythology, something the writers probably want to avoid... but i agree, babylon should come into the fold, i'd much prefer that to greece and rome....
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
      Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
      Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Billz
        I don't think that after an epy called Babylon, they'd introduce that actual city in any other context, however possible
        "For NASA, space is still a high priority."
        ...George W. Bush, 9/5/93
        "[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."
        ...George W. Bush

Comment

Originally posted by Billz
          Um.. Babylon wasent a city , it was a nation of city states, it came after the Summarian age ( and used some of its citys, and gods just the made a lesser god ( the son of the summmarian supreame deity) thier supreame deity ( Marduk) ...oh and they found most of those citys.... hell they even found a place that archologists belive might be Bable
          Have a thirst for galactic conquest??
          Join the Battle

http://uc1.GamesTotal.com/?tft=cf20

Comment

Babylon was a city..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon

... and it isn't lost.

Separate that from legends about "tower of Babylon"... thats something else.
            VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

actually... I believe that it was onecity per a planet, and that alll the ships left to pegasus at the same time..

also In the episode fallen
              Spoiler:
              if jonas quinn was right about the order of Ancient Cities, then that planets city should of been one of the City Ships, however.. It is not and its evidence is clear by the brick runes... Unless Atlantis is made of bricks, which i hopenot.
              I think there were atleast 2 from the Milkyway, Procrolush Toanas would of had one, and Earth had one. We've only seen two cityships made by ancients
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by bandras
                Olympos, Lemuria, El Dorado, Shangri-La, Xanadu...

Yes, they're all lost cities (EDIT: and places) from earth history and mythology. What stories you could imagine with these, or any other lost cities ( hasn't got to be ancient-related )

For example Olympos ( home of the greek gods ) could be an ancient city ship in the pre-historic Greece, an outpost of the ancients, 'cause who said, that Atlantis was their only city on Earth...
                Because the Ancients left the Milky Way 7 million or so years ago after using the Dakarra weapon to re-seed the galaxy. They came back 10,000 years ago too few to restart their society.

Most chose to live out their lives in solitude or to Ascend. I doubt a few 10 or so would've been able to re-build cityships.

Comment

Originally posted by theStormWeaver
                  My theory on Olympus is that its actually the Summit Station. I believe it originally resided in Earth orbit, and when the rebellion took place it was moved.

Olympus is mearly described as the home of the gods, and that it was amongst the clouds. The Goa'uld dominated greek culture, and they severely lack the technology and motivation to create a floating city of any kind or size.

The Romans obsorbed the greek pantheon, they didn't create it. The Romans merged their gods with that of the Greeks. Jupiter was their supreme god, and so they merged it with Zeus. The Roman religion was seperate from, and almost as old as, the Greek religion until a few hundred years before Christ.
                  It was all about quick and painless assimilation of the Greeks.

However, Valhalla is an idea. The Asgard possess the tech, resources, and benevolence(sp?)/motivation to build such a city. Although I don't think it would be a ship, it would probably be stationary, on another world, and without a gate. The Asgard would scoop up some particularly faithfull chap and whisk them away to live in a splendid paradise to seek enlightenment, or some such thing. Or perhaps it was used as rehab for former hosts of the goa'uld? Living with a snake in your head for a few hundred years would be very traumatising, if you could call it living.

You know that is what i was thinking ... You have a great idea ... There is 3 other Mythologies right there that could work for the 4 great Races ...

You have ATLANTIS , that the Ancients had A City of Knowledge and Advanced technology ...

Then there is VALHALLA with could be a LOST City Ship of the Asgards . The City could have been lost when the Asgards strated using there Cloning technology ... They do lose memorys of there past ... This City Ship could have been used by the Asgards to Protect the MWG after the Ancients left are galaxy ... could have been lost in there own galaxy ...

OLYMPUS could have been the City Ship of the Furlings ( We never got anuff info about then to not use Greek Mythology as there ) . The Furlings could have used the City Ship in some other galaxy far away , Greek Mythology uses Olympus as the City of GODS ... But no Human has ever seen this city ...

Noxs , im not really sure what there city would be called , but I think the City Ship they have on there Home world would be that City Ship ... Could have been in there own galaxy , but they might have had to leave there galaxy couse of something ( Under attack from some enemy , or there galaxy was last from some kind of technology that went wrong , or maybe there galaxy was destroyed ) what ever happened they would have fled to a galaxy that would keep them safe ...

Each City Ship would have been used in there OWN Galaxies , and would have been setup with a gate that could take take them to anyy galaxy they wanted too .. This also makes traveling between galaxies aot fast , and with an Alliance like they had , they could have used the cities for there Counsoles ...

Each CityShip would have there own Technology Powering the City and there own designs ... So not ever City would look the same , but would funtion almost the same .. Traveling Either by space or by STARGATE ...

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                    Because the Ancients left the Milky Way 7 million or so years ago after using the Dakarra weapon to re-seed the galaxy. They came back 10,000 years ago too few to restart their society.

Most chose to live out their lives in solitude or to Ascend. I doubt a few 10 or so would've been able to re-build cityships.
                    Yeah but how many CITY SHIPS would it have taken to make sure that ever Ancients got to the PG ?

Not jsut that what if the Ancients helped out the Asgards Noxs and Furlings to build there own City Ships for a faster Traveling system from One Galaxy to another ... Would have made there Alliance better in the long run ... Could be why the Noxs still have there City Ship ...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                      actually... I believe that it was onecity per a planet, and that alll the ships left to pegasus at the same time..

also In the episode fallen
                      Spoiler:
                      if jonas quinn was right about the order of Ancient Cities, then that planets city should of been one of the City Ships, however.. It is not and its evidence is clear by the brick runes... Unless Atlantis is made of bricks, which i hopenot.
                      I think there were atleast 2 from the Milkyway, Procrolush Toanas would of had one, and Earth had one. We've only seen two cityships made by ancients
                      well... Morgan La Fay said there were more Ancient cities in MW.
                      If they were abendoned when they left for Pegasus, Merlin would prolly know where they are when he "descended" ... that's why i am hoping for "El Dorado"... golden version of Atlantis

on another note... if Ancients came to MW first, then they mad their cities here also, just like in Pegasus ("The Tower")... so there should be another city around... and since it prolly has it's own gate, there is no need for it to be on planet with gates.

But who knows.... we'll see...
                      VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Originally posted by silence
                        If they were abendoned when they left for Pegasus, Merlin would prolly know where they are when he "descended" ... that's why i am hoping for "El Dorado"... golden version of Atlantis

on another note... if Ancients came to MW first, then they mad their cities here also, just like in Pegasus ("The Tower")... so there should be another city around... and since it prolly has it's own gate, there is no need for it to be on planet with gates.

Not really , The Ancients would have used ever City Ship they had to go to the Pegasus Galaxy ... But if they did make the trip back to the Milky Way Galaxy , they could have used Some of the City Ships , Cargo Ships and STARGATES ...

Atlantis was lost couse the Wraith where Attacking it at the time , They Would have left Atlantis so the Wraith would have followed ... But Some City Ships could have made it out of there ...

But i think that SOME of the Ancients that made it to the MWG did 3 things instead of just the 2 that we know of ...
                        • One would have been learning to Ascend to this higher plan ..
                        • Two would have been to rebuild and start over ...
                        • Thrid would have been to take the rest of the City Ships and travel the STARS to build there GATE SYSTEM even bigger ...

This could be why the MW Galaxy doenst have any City Ships at this time , But they could have left one City Ship behind for the Ancients that stayed .. This City Ship could be lost on some planet like in the Eps TOWER ,,, The City Ship could be under a ground after 10 thousand years ...

Never know this could lead SG-1 to a Spin off series that would re-name SG-1 to SG-C ...

Comment

I think the ancients had the technology and the resoursces to bulid a lot of city ships In Atlantis it is said, that during the war with the wraith, every colony in PG has fallen, so some of the ships could've been destroyed ( Not every city had an ocean to sink into ), and I don't think that there's a city ship in MWG either, but they were THE ancients! I don't think they settled in just these 2 galaxies. As -PITBULL- said, they'd have been to go to other galaxies to start over.
                          Or simply just they hid some of the cities so they became LOST cities, and just the others were destroyed by the wraith.

Anyway I'm hoping to see at least one more, cause the ancients had an entire galaxy colonized ( ok 2; MWG, PG, and who knows... ), plus there was that one in Tower as evidence, that Atlantis is not a unique thing
                          "For NASA, space is still a high priority."
                          ...George W. Bush, 9/5/93
                          "[It's] time for the human race to enter the solar system."
                          ...George W. Bush

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL-
                            Well seeing that the Asgards use GREEK Mythology aswell , I would like to see SG-1 Find Olympos or have the Atlantis team find some info about the 4 great races ... Maybe name each race with a CITY SHIP of there own that was a gift from the Ancients then selfs ...

The Asgards could have Olympos , seeing how they took on the Greek Gods ...

Then you would have to name the Noxs City Ship ... Dont know of a Peaceful Mythology out there but it would have to do with somethign peaceful ...

Furlings would also have to have there own CityShip , sense we have never really meet the Furlings i wouldnt now where to start with naming there CityShip ....

But this would have been a great way for all 4 Races to stay in contant with each other ... Would have also be a sign of peace from the Ancients to the others ...

The Asgard do not use Greek mythology, they use Norse mythology. Thor, Heimdall, Kvasir, Loki, Odin, etc are all from NORSE Mythology. Think vikings, not togas. The Arthurian legend is part of the celtic mythology. So, we've seen Egyptian, Greek, Norse, Celtic and Chinese mythologies. You can use this site to see what mythologies have covered. I just read a few parts and I think the writers of SG have definitely visited that site. It's actually quite informative.
                            Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                            Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by silence

The what now. When did she do that?!

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                                The what now. When did she do that?!
                                She says that Proclarush Taonas was one of earliest Ancient cities (place from "Lost City 2" where O'Neill went for ZPM and that had defence outpost)... now it doesnt say it was flying city like Atlantis, but she does say it was one of "earliest Ancient cities" that was abandoned.

To me that means there are other Ancient cities as well in MW and some might be on more "hospitable" planets then Teonas. Can they fly? No idea.
                                If there were any, Merlin would know about them for sure.

Disclaimer :: i just checked that scene and that is what she says.
                                VISIT AND JOIN

Comment

Working...
                                X