This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ascended Plane

Are the Ancients the only race to reach the ascension plane? if not do all races who have reached this level have to stick to the same rules as the ancients? - I know Daniel Jackson had to - the ori are on the same level but ignore the ancients law don't they?
    Please help - i'm going mad!

Imagine IF the ancients were on that plain existence under an even HIGHER plain of existence where another race looks down at them, at vows not to interfere when the Ori wanna turn up to kick ass. That'd be funny AND cool.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou
      Imagine IF the ancients were on that plain existence under an even HIGHER plain of existence where another race looks down at them, at vows not to interfere when the Ori wanna turn up to kick ass. That'd be funny AND cool.
      I was thinking that also.

Comment

Originally posted by tommo7
        Are the Ancients the only race to reach the ascension plane? if not do all races who have reached this level have to stick to the same rules as the ancients? - I know Daniel Jackson had to - the ori are on the same level but ignore the ancients law don't they?
        Please help - i'm going mad!
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but I beleive that at some point in the show it was stated that there are several races besides the Ancients who have acsended, but all of the ones in the milky way follow the same rules: not to interfere. The Ori are in another galaxy, so the ascended beings in our galaxy cannot inforce their laws upon them.

Comment

Originally posted by tommo7
          I can only think of only one other episode where there are "spirits" who may or may not share the same level of existance as the Ancients, and they are the spirits from the episode Crystal Skull. The Abydans did ascend in Full Circle, but they were aided.

I'd have to rewatch a bunch of Atlantis episodes to find it, but I think it was mentioned that by ancestors of the Ancients (?) that other cultures have found ways to achieve Ascention. Hopefully somebody reading this post can confirm or deny. I think the idea is possible tho', if one accepts that there are many ways to achieve enlightenment / the next level / whatever you want to call it.

Comment

Oma helped Daniel to ascend so he was subject to their laws because Oma was. It's kinda like, they let her help people ascend provided she keeps them in line. I would also guess that the Ancients wouldn't want other ascended beings messing around in the Milky Way even if they had ascended by themselves. The Ori are from another galaxy, and have yet to actually enter the Milky Way within the ascended plane. It's like territory on Earth, they are two nations and they each do what they will within their nations. The Ancients prohibit beings within their nation from interfering with the order of things on our plane (they likely hold the view that when they were on our plane they wouldn't have wanted ascended being running the show), the Ori within their nation don't care and choose to enslave the people.
            It's also important to note that the Ancients don't care if the Ori interfere with the Milky Way on our plane, so long as they stay away on the ascended plane. That's why the Ori created Adria, to allow an Ori to be in a possition to affect the Milky Way in our plane without entering the Ancients domain within the ascended plane equivalent of the Milky Way.

That's how I see the rules anyway...

Comment

Season 8, episode "Threads." Daniel and Oma are talking in the diner:

OMA: They're not going to talk to you.
              JACKSON (straightening up to face her): Why not? Who are they?
              OMA: Others. You're not one of them yet.
              JACKSON: You mean Ancients.
              OMA: A couple of them.

JACKSON: What are they doing here?
              OMA: Watching.
              JACKSON: Me.
              OMA: Me too. I told you before -- they're always watching. (She hands him the jug of syrup.) You wanted some motor oil?

So, they're not all Ancients and none of the people besides Anubis (who came in later) were likely to have been ascended by Oma since they were watching over her (something the ones she ascended wouldn't be doing). That means it's possible that the others could've all been second form Humans, but less likely that they would've advanced that far on their own and came to be important enough players to be watching over Oma. So, they very well could be other species who got their on their own, but it's all speculation at this point.

Comment

There are definitely other races that have ascended besides the Ancients. All in this galaxy follow the same kind of rules. Must come with joining the club.

As for the Ori, let's not forget, they haven't officially broken the rules yet. They've walked some fine lines, and even blurred a few, but they themselves haven't taken direct action in our galaxy yet. If they did, the Ancients would step in to attempt to stop them. At least, that's my belief.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

This is how I think of it and have been said in the show. The Oris and Ancients are parents and we are their children. The ori know that the Ancient probably have more ascended allies and could trounce them at anytime if they show up and started to act big and bad. However they know what make their oppenent ticks so they take advantage of the fact that the Ancient will not interfer until the ori show up. So they tell their children to go fight the ancient children.

The Ancient want to show us tough love while the Ori give everything to their children in a fight. The Ori also know if their children were to fight with the ancient children, in a fair fight, they would lose. So they create priors which are like teenagers. So until they actually wise up and give us some Jedi knights, we are pretty much screwed.

Comment

Working...
                  X