This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Special (?) DVD releases

I've seen some (not many) pictures of SG-1 DVDs with the text "Stargate SG-1" written on the back of them (if you put them next to each other), something like this (sorry for crappy image):

I think someone on this forum posted an image of his/her collection once, including that. Is that some special release, or just a specific region? I need an answer to this before I buy more "regular" boxes (I have s01 and s02). Thanks!

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
    The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

IIRC that's the R2 French version.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Anyone else know about that? Or about another version that looks the same (afaik the french version has french text on the boxes, which kinda sucks...)?

Comment

You get the dvd's like this when you buy the magazine called 'Stargate SG-1 the DVD Collection'. The website for it is http://www.STARGATEDVD.co.uk

When you buy a magazine you get a dvd with three episodes on it, and when all the dvd's are lined up they spell out Stargate SG-1.

I hope this is what you are asking about.
        sigpic

Comment

(taken from a dutch dvd forum, username sg_sg1)

You mean something like this? It is the Dutch boxsets region 2.

Comment

Seems to be alot of releases that fit my description
            @dipsofjazz: Seems nice, would be kinda expensive though. Have any picture of what the DVDs look like? Doesn't seem to be any at the website from the angle I want.
            @Daika: Seems to fit aswell.

If anyone else knows about/finds any releases like this, feel free to post here

*edit* I noticed something: The Silver Limited Edition of the boxsets fits my description pretty well: http://cgi.ebay.com/STARGATE-SG-1-LI...QQcmdZViewItem
            Does anyone know if this is an official release, and if so where I can get the boxes?
            Last edited by ./freelancer; 22 August 2006, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Here is a picture of the magazine dvd's...(click to make bigger)

sigpic

Comment

Try this shop: http://www.mediadis.com/video/search...19&kw=stargate

I must stressed that the first box is a total rip off because it contains the best of season 1 episodes, second box is season 2 and so on with the last box season 9, it looks a little bid weird because they thought it would end after season 9. That's why season 9 doesn't quite match with the total picture. Also important to note that in Dutch shops you can buy a season boxset for about 18 euro ( about 23 us dollar) per season. But i haven't seen a webshop selling for that price.

Comment

Thanks, both of you. Daika, that's definitely worth looking in to. Dipsofjazz, I think that's what I saw on the original picture, thanks. Do you have them yourself? Do you/anyone know if those DVDs contain any special feutures, such as commentary? In either case I think I'm gonna stick with season boxes for now, and then those collection dvds when I can afford them

Comment

Im just going to add my post onto this one since it is the same topic.

Im quessing it would be worth some more cash. Does anybody know if that silver set is worth the extra cash? It looks good, but would it be the same if I just went out and got the regular DVDs?

Comment

I have Seasons 6-9 of the Silver Dutch releases and they include the exact same extra features as the UK volume releases which in most cases means afew exclusive features not found on the R1 Boxsets.

As for spending extra cash on them, in the UK the boxsets cost £45 when released where as these silver sets retail at around £25 when released so not only do they look better they were cheaper and available months before the UK sets which is why I started collecting them.

Lastly the first Dutch set is 'Best of Season 1' but the second set is the rest of Season 1, not Season 2 as Daika said, Season 2 is the third set.

Here are some pics of my Dutch sets...

Comment

Looks pretty good. Where did you buy them? (If you say "local store" I will be very angry )

Comment

I myself got the German boxsets which are even nicer with a nice booklet and foldout box. But of course, even though you can watch it in English, the packaging and booklet are German.

I believe the silver Edition you can get in France/Holland also exist as UK Editions. No booklet or anything fancy, but slimmer than any other boxes and the back image is the same as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk would be a good place to look.

Comment

ok, they didn't have them on amazon.co.uk, but here is a picture of them in an ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/STARGATE-SG-1-LI...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

The silver Dutch sets are only available in the Netherlands, they are not available in the UK.

I bought my sets from www.mediadis.com but they are also available from www.freerecordshop.nl and www.nl.bol.com

Comment

Working...
                              X