This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighting fire with fire - Bane insects vs. Wraith

All this time we've been looking for advanced weaponry and relying on ancient weapons to fight the wraith but quite a possible answer to the dilemma has been hiding in the archives.

Remember the Bane insect that infected Teal'c, such that it forced him to enter a cocoon state and multiply the insects? Why can't that be applied with wraiths?

Many of them are awoken, however many are still in hibernation until the keepers bring them to worlds to cull them for food/energy replenishments.

With long range sensors and cloaking technology at our disposal, we have the element of surprise.

With beaming technology, rather than try to blow them to smitherines during an encounter, why not do a cloak and dagger manuever?

Have the Odyssey and/or Daedelus come out of hyperspace out of detection range from Hive ships, deploy cloaked jumpers with beaming transmitter and a closed container of say.... 10-20-30 Bane insects... then let the damage take its toll over time.

However... the disadvantage and possible consequence of this might be that the Wraith may adapt and mutate along with the Bane insects and multiply.

But, if we keep in mind what Frasier/Carter said in Bane, the insects can only multiply as much as the same mass of its host. So in order for Wraiths to multiply, they would have to split cullings between food and unit production/creation.

Thoughts?

possible. maybe. i dunno. the insect may work but at the same time there are plenty of things they've come across

what about that plant. that took over sgc?
    just drop a few of those in the ships. they have planty of moisture material and enough light.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by takagari
      what about that plant. that took over sgc?
      just drop a few of those in the ships. they have planty of moisture material and enough light.. lol
      yes! that would work.
      Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

I think it would be a pretty bad idea...its not like the insects can be controlled and they would be attacking humans as well. Personally, if the bane insects evolved like the Wraith I would see them a lot more scary...i mean creatures that use you as hosts to give birth to their young? scary.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
        X