Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are All Stargate SG-1 Seasons filmed in High-Def?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are All Stargate SG-1 Seasons filmed in High-Def?

I was asking this because the new DVD cases say on the back that they all are mastered in HD. Does this mean that they all were originally HD and then now placed on DVD in the highest quality or are they redone in HD (remastered). I know for a fact that Season 6 on is HD, but what about before that? Just wondering if anyone knew?

Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they had HD technology back in 1996.

The DVD was still pretty new and barely had any market shares then. I remember when I was building my computer in 1998 and the top of the line DVD-ROM I found were all 2x.

I think its a safe bet they were remastered onto HD.

Another thing, is the DVD disc itself the regular DVD or one of those new HD-DVD with the higher capacity? Maybe its the same video quality and file size as the original but now its on fewer discs?
    Last edited by SP90; 20 August 2006, 06:44 AM.

Comment

It depends, movie film has higher resolution than the highest resolution TV.

But I doubt they're filming on movie film.

Comment

I think they're using HD digital cameras now, they don't use film anymore.
        "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

they've been using HD since s8
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

They started using HD for Season 8 i belive, the disks you buy wont be in HD because you would need a HD-DVD player to play them. HD episodes are about four times more memory than normal so they wouldnt be able to fit them on one normal dvd. Even if they did the dvd player technology isnt advanced enough to play such a high quality file.

For instance I have a HDTV episode of Enterprise on my computer which is at 1.3GB! In comparison a non HD episode is only 350mb!
            Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

Working...
            X