Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make it spin/Make it so - Star Trek reference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make it spin/Make it so - Star Trek reference?

In SG-1's 200th Episode, at the end of the pupple seen, Hammond saids "make it spin". Could this be a take off of Picard's famous line "make it so"?
    I'm from Iowa, United States

I haven't watched the 200th episode yet.

I was thought Hammond would have made a great Starfleet Admiral.

Comment

Probably

(10char)
      Resistance is futile...

Comment

Originally posted by SG-1ssm
        In SG-1's 200th Episode, at the end of the pupple seen, Hammond saids "make it spin". Could this be a take off of Picard's famous line "make it so"?
        No question about it. It's a little tortured, but definitely a Trek reference.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by CeeKay Sheppard
          No question about it. It's a little tortured, but definitely a Trek reference.
          I'm sure you get this, but just for the non-informed, the original gate from the movie did not spin.......

Comment

He should have said "make it so".
            I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Originally posted by kmiller1610
              I'm sure you get this, but just for the non-informed, the original gate from the movie did not spin.......

i am sorry to dissappoint you but even in the movie the gate spinned... it just didnt light up like it does now.... i know this lol becuase im watching it right now lol

Comment

Originally posted by GuardianKentel
                i am sorry to dissappoint you but even in the movie the gate spinned... it just didnt light up like it does now.... i know this lol becuase im watching it right now lol
                Lol, yes, I believe the joke is more a reference to the early seasons of SG-1, just as almost every joke was in the puppets scene and it refers to the fact that the gate didn't always spin and light up etc. during incoming and outgoing wormholes and this was because TPTB hadn't created a concrete plan for what happened when you dialled out and when someone was dialling in.
                //

O'Neill: Phasers?
                Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Working...
                X