Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doctor Who in Stargate (Spoilers from Doctor Who season 28)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doctor Who in Stargate (Spoilers from Doctor Who season 28)

WARNING! SPOILERS FOR DOCTOR WHO SEASON 28 A HEAD!!!

This one's for the Brits since season 28 hasn't aired in the States yet, but in 'Army of Ghosts' and inside Torchwood, Ivon shows the Doctor a 'Jaffa SunGlider' - could this be a reference that perhaps Stargate and Doctor Who are set in the same universe?

We've seen time travel in both shows repeatedly, and clearly both shows have questioned the impossible again and again. Which raises another question; who'd win out of the Time Lords and the Ancients???

Anyway, I'm thinking how cool it would be for the TARDIS to land in the SGC (America's Torchwood, lol) and his expression to discover that we've travelled to other worlds - and would he know of the ancients and ascension?
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Originally posted by mappalazarou

This one's for the Brits since season 28 hasn't aired in the States yet, but in 'Army of Ghosts' and inside Torchwood, Ivon shows the Doctor a 'Jaffa SunGlider' - could this be a reference that perhaps Stargate and Doctor Who are set in the same universe?

We've seen time travel in both shows repeatedly, and clearly both shows have questioned the impossible again and again. Which raises another question; who'd win out of the Time Lords and the Ancients???

Anyway, I'm thinking how cool it would be for the TARDIS to land in the SGC (America's Torchwood, lol) and his expression to discover that we've travelled to other worlds - and would he know of the ancients and ascension?
    no that would suck and be very stupid
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
      Okay let's have an opinion off someone positive for a change
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
        I agree , DOCTOR WHO is a SHOW about Time Traveling , Not going throw the STARGATE ....

Time lords keeped the peace throw out the the Universe ... Where the Ancients built STARGATES to travel to other Planets and Galaxies with in the Universe ...

I just dont see that ever working ....

Comment

I think that would make a very cool "What if" episode.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

Originally posted by N8ball88
            I think that would make a very cool "What if" episode.
            FINALLY, someone with some positive thoughts - have a greeny, mate

sigpic

Comment

If it turned out Stargate and Dr Who were part of the same universe, I would never watch either program again.

They shows are way, way too different in style to ever merge together.
              An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

It was a "Jathaa" Sunglider according to the script I'm afraid. It was a subtle joke with reference to stargate. It does not state that they are the same universe.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                  It was a "Jathaa" Sunglider according to the script I'm afraid. It was a subtle joke with reference to stargate. It does not state that they are the same universe.
                  oh. never mind then, best get one of the mods to close this thread them.

sigpic

Comment

Yikes, I can't believe I dind't notice it til you brought it up...
                    bwahahaha.
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

would be interesting but the Doctor has a tendancy to touch down where he's about to be needed in some sort of crisis or mystery situation and since the SGC deal with those fine on their own its very unlikely the Doctor and his assistant would have ever much purpose there.
                      //

O'Neill: Phasers?
                      Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Yep Jathaa Sunglider, Jez that's a bit of an old one but I had to watch the repeat of that episode just to make sure i heard it correctly, but without the transcript for all intent and purpose those who never get to read it it may as well just say Jaffa Sunglider......whats the possibility of that, no alien race uses gold in such an abundance and magniude other than the Daleks and Goa'uld....the gold theme is reserved for baddies i think....Bling*
                        For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if it was RTD having a little in joke - otherwise it was mighty conicidental!

Although it would never actually work there would be an amusement value in seeing the TARDIS turning up in the gate room with the Doctor going 'oh look! A wormhole creation device! That's brilliant, that is!' with SG-1 going 'wtf?!'
                          sigpic
                          by Kaaatie

Comment

Landing on an alien planet.

Dr: "wow a Gate, I thought they stopped making these, looks like the locals don't even know what it is. It's a shame we can't fit it through the door and take it with us, this thing is a classic example of early interstellar travel, Wow this baby belongs in a museum not roting away on this planet".

For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

i rember that but it was actchil said kaffa at first i thouthg that it was jaffa i replay it about 20 time just to make shure
                              sigpic
                              Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                              Metal gear fan

Comment

Working...
                              X