Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the greatest/best enemy (race) in stargate history??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is the greatest/best enemy (race) in stargate history??

there once a poll on this....but i'd like somthting abit more detailed, this isn't just about who's the most powerful it's about who's the best, the most evil, the coolest who did you most enjoy watching...

so who do you think the greatest enemy stargate has ever faced and why?
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

I would say the Goa'uld...born evil and they sure did enjoy torturing people and bringing them back. Sure not the most powerful of bad guys but they were just plain evil if somewhat overdramatic at times. I mean the Wraith do what they do because they are compelled to by hunger, the Ori believe in power over anything else, the Replicators just want to increase their numbers for survival, (got reminded of the Genii) the Genii do it because they are desperately trying to survive
    Spoiler:
    and the Asurans want revenge.

The Goa'uld just did the things they did because they enjoyed it like Khalek.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Best:
      Goa'uld, for all the reasons you stated above.
      Worst:
      Replicators, boring.
      We're whalers on the moon,
      We carry a harpoon.
      But there ain't no whales
      So we tell tall tales
      And sing our whaling tune.

Comment

Best: Goa'uld.

Worst: Genii.

Comment

The Goa'uld - the original baddies.

They're what people in 30 years will look back and say 'who were the baddies in Stargate the series?' - 'Gau'uld' - 'Weren't they called the WARITH or something?' - 'Nope, the Goa'uld.' - 'oh.'
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I'd probably have to go with the Asgard simply because they evolved into what they are through their own endeavors. They did not scavenge their technology as the Goa'uld did or as we are.
            Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
            Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
            Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
            Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

I agree the goa'uld made stargate....but my favourite would be the wraith though...

the goa'uld were bad and did bad because they could
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano
                I'd probably have to go with the Asgard simply because they evolved into what they are through their own endeavors. They did not scavenge their technology as the Goa'uld did or as we are.
                Since when were we enemies with the Asgard???
                http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                  Since when were we enemies with the Asgard???
                  whoops! missed "enemy"....

in that sense... the goa'uld bar none... the replicators were good for a while, but they were short lived to begin with... no personality, simply: R then SAD, replicate then search and destroy if necessary... not really a lot there for a character arc. the human replicators were interesting, but again, 1-dimensional...

the goa-uld, as an enemy, have the potential for a lot of depth since there are so many gods/goddesses for them to portray... functioning both as individuals and as a collective race...

however, given that the asgard are an enemy of the goa'uld and/or the ori, they make a better enemy... no one said, enemy of the tau'ri

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPisano
                    whoops! missed "enemy"....

in that sense... the goa'uld bar none... the replicators were good for a while, but they were short lived to begin with... no personality, simply: R then SAD, replicate then search and destroy if necessary... not really a lot there for a character arc. the human replicators were interesting, but again, 1-dimensional...

the goa-uld, as an enemy, have the potential for a lot of depth since there are so many gods/goddesses for them to portray... functioning both as individuals and as a collective race...

however, given that the asgard are an enemy of the goa'uld and/or the ori, they make a better enemy... no one said, enemy of the tau'ri
                    lol....but the thread is from our point of view

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf
                      lol....but the thread is from our point of view
                      [whisper]should've specified which viewpoint[/whisper]

Comment

I still think the Aschen, hands down. They come as friends bearing gifts and never fire a single shot. They are totally unfeeling, yet are the cruelest people to whipe out all but a handful of people on each planet they ally with.
                        Also they don't fit the usual mold of "I'm going to kill you now! But before I do I'm going to reveal my entire plan to you first!" villains.

Comment

Best: Goa'uld, specifically - Apophis
                          Worst: Ori
                          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Working...
                          X