This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Shanks

I'll be really cautious and say - Spoiler for late Season 5 onwards.
    I know this has probably been discussed but I did a search with no specific results and I dont want to sift through 100s of threads. Why did Michael Shanks decide to leave (pursue other options?) and then come back? Simple question but I have never come across the answer.

I assumed it was because he wanted a change etc. yet he must have developed a new found enthusiasm because I hear he is not against going to a ninth season after wanting out after 5 seasons.

Cheers,

Marcus

Originally posted by marcus
    I'll be really cautious and say - Spoiler for late Season 5 onwards.
    I know this has probably been discussed but I did a search with no specific results and I dont want to sift through 100s of threads. Why did Michael Shanks decide to leave (pursue other options?) and then come back? Simple question but I have never come across the answer.

I assumed it was because he wanted a change etc. yet he must have developed a new found enthusiasm because I hear he is not against going to a ninth season after wanting out after 5 seasons.

Cheers,

Marcus
    He left after sesone 5?
    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
    GS/CS/CC>D?S++:+A----C++++U?P?L+!EW++(+)N-O?K?W---O?
    M+@V?PS+PE--YPGP!T!5!XR+>TV++B+++(++)DI+D-GE-H!R---Y?
    ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
    geekcode

Comment

Originally posted by Gorthaur
      He left after sesone 5?
      Yes--he was ascended for all of season 6. His character was replaced by Jonas, a human from a planet called Kelowna, played by Corin Nemec. He did guest star in a few episodes. In two-part season opener for Season seven, he descended and Jonas went back home.
      My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
      -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
      -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
      -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

His contract was over, and he decided not to renew it. He was not happy with how his character was being used, and felt that the direction that the show was taking was not one he wanted to follow. He spent a year doing other film and TV work, as well as a few eps of Stargate where Daniel or Thor made a guest appearance, and then was invited to rejoin the show as a regular.

Madeleine

Comment

Hmm, i guess he likes the way his character is going now i guess
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
          X