This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flesh and Blood Stupidity???

In Flesh and Blood, Daniel and Vala are on board the bridge of the Ori flagship that landed on Chulak. Well they try to take Adria but a Prior inerupts and they're beamed out... WAIT A SECOND!

They were BEAMED OUT of an Ori vessel, so that implies we could beam something in. Why didn't they put a nuke there!?!?!?!?

This could have larger ramifications. Does this mean Ori vessels don't have shields while on a planet? If that's the case why don't we just load up on Gatebusters and make a quick pass of the planets the Ori are invading.

Or is this an anomaly and we will never find out why that happened? Or did I miss something big in the episode?

Thoughts???

It would mean nuking Chuluk as well.

Comment

They managed to beam a Goa'uld bomb onto an Ori ship just before that happened and it didn't detonate. No point in wasting another nuke.

Edit:

Originally posted by PG15
      It would mean nuking Chuluk as well.
      Oh good point, that didn't even cross my mind
      An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

I really doubt Teal'c and Bra'tac would've approved of bombing Chulak all to take out one Ori ship.

Shouldn't this be in the Season Ten forum?

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten
          I really doubt Teal'c and Bra'tac would've approved of bombing Chulak all to take out one Ori ship.

Shouldn't this be in the Season Ten forum?
          don't tell them your doing it lol.... But um they stopped a crappy jaffa bomb... i had no idea they even had them....(I thought they used the rings? for that though) either way they deactivate everythign... they deactivated the brains of their followers...what cant they deactivate
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Dont you guys pay attentian carter said paraphrase "lucky the ori lowered their shields when they landed on the planet". That means yes they can beam stuff in and out when landed but not when shields are up. That obviously makes sense because u need to lower the shields in order to deploy troops.

And beaming in a nuke would have been pointless. They tried that with a jaffa bomb and it had no effect. The ori likely use similar shockwave dampening technology similar to those installed on asgard vessels. A nukes effects would have been severely dampened and it would have had little effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Pasankoon
              And beaming in a nuke would have been pointless. They tried that with a jaffa bomb and it had no effect. The ori likely use similar shockwave dampening technology similar to those installed on asgard vessels. A nukes effects would have been severely dampened and it would have had little effect.
              I must agree with that. Hence, IMO, no stupidity on the team's part.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Pasankoon
                Dont you guys pay attentian carter said paraphrase "lucky the ori lowered their shields when they landed on the planet". That means yes they can beam stuff in and out when landed but not when shields are up. That obviously makes sense because u need to lower the shields in order to deploy troops.
                A thing I was thinking. During the episode "Revelations" in season 5 I think I remember Teal'c saying something about the shields are lowered when Anubis will ring onboard the other ship. That would be their window to also ring on board at the same time. The shields had to be lowered. So how could Daniel ring on board an Ori ship from the Russian ship? I doubt the Ori ships are less advanced on that department from a Goa'uld ship...

Comment

Originally posted by saberhagen83
                  A thing I was thinking. During the episode "Revelations" in season 5 I think I remember Teal'c saying something about the shields are lowered when Anubis will ring onboard the other ship. That would be their window to also ring on board at the same time. The shields had to be lowered. So how could Daniel ring on board an Ori ship from the Russian ship? I doubt the Ori ships are less advanced on that department from a Goa'uld ship...
                  No, they were quite emphatic on that because they wouldn't have had an episode if that were the case, because if the shields were lowered they could just beam Thor out. The shields frequency was adjusted to accept ring transmissions which enabled Teal'c and Jack to ring up.

In F and B Carter says that the
                  Spoiler:
                  Korolev had detected variations in the shield strength or frequency and was attemping to ring a nuke in when the shield did this. It got destroyed before it was able to deploy a nuke but not before Daniel was able to ring himself out.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Originally posted by tommiekins
                    No, they were quite emphatic on that because they wouldn't have had an episode if that were the case, because if the shields were lowered they could just beam Thor out. The shields frequency was adjusted to accept ring transmissions which enabled Teal'c and Jack to ring up.

In F and B Carter says that the
                    Spoiler:
                    Korolev had detected variations in the shield strength or frequency and was attemping to ring a nuke in when the shield did this. It got destroyed before it was able to deploy a nuke but not before Daniel was able to ring himself out.
                    Ah I see, thank you for clearing that up. Didn't pay enough attention it seems in "Flesh and Blood".

Comment

This just came to me.....
                      Those jaffa bombs,.....

Spoiler:

Could they be Alkesh bomber payloads?
                      DAM YOU SCI FI.....DAM U TO SCI HELL arghhhh.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                        They managed to beam a Goa'uld bomb onto an Ori ship just before that happened and it didn't detonate. No point in wasting another nuke.

Edit:

Oh good point, that didn't even cross my mind
                        Agreed. They wasted one nuke trying that once they wernt going to do it again, and as one of my favorite quotes from "The Serpents Lair" Gen Hammond: I see no military reason to wipe out the people of Chulak. That still aplies IMHO. Great ep also IMHO.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82
                          Agreed. They wasted one nuke trying that once they wernt going to do it again, and as one of my favorite quotes from "The Serpents Lair" Gen Hammond: I see no military reason to wipe out the people of Chulak. That still aplies IMHO. Great ep also IMHO.
                          I agree. I thought "Flesh and Blood" was a great way to start this season off.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                            I agree. I thought "Flesh and Blood" was a great way to start this season off.
                            Definatly and it's only gotten better!
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by [SGC_ReplicÅtors]
                              This just came to me.....
                              Those jaffa bombs,.....

Could they be Alkesh bomber payloads?
                              I sure hope not! those bombs would be far to pathetic to take out an entire ship.
                              An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Working...
                              X