This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White ZPMs

I am not sure if they were that way because of a dream sequence, but they looked a lot better in the White/Cloudy color.

That would add a new twist if there were different kinds of ZPM's, that maybe had less/more power, powered specific systems or something.

And the massive Asurans city was soooooo cool looking. I really hope we get to see more. I also liked seeing the city fly. I was expecting a cooler looking hyperspace window for some reason.....

Any thoughts?
    Enter the Fargate...to steal intergalatic cable!

Originally posted by Homeslice55
    I am not sure if they were that way because of a dream sequence, but they looked a lot better in the White/Cloudy color.

That would add a new twist if there were different kinds of ZPM's, that maybe had less/more power, powered specific systems or something.

And the massive Asurans city was soooooo cool looking. I really hope we get to see more. I also liked seeing the city fly. I was expecting a cooler looking hyperspace window for some reason.....

Any thoughts?
    I think those were incubation chambers for nanites. Yes, I know, it's the same console as the ZPM room, but they reuse a lot of sets. They were seen when Niam was giving weir a walkthrough of what happened. Also, we saw the ZPM room w/three non-white ZPM's which would back up my guess that it is nanite containment. Also, in that room, on the display screen were the nanites.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

yeah ... I was wondering that too. Later at the end where McKay was overloading the ZMPs they looked normal, maybe the other ones weren't even ZPMs.
      They are experimenting on us again

Click here for video file with sound

Comment

Yeah, that other guys is probably right.....the whole Nanite containers or something......but they did look pretty cool. And it would be nice if there were..... but than again....they cant even find yellow zpms....no chance in finding the white ones.
        Enter the Fargate...to steal intergalatic cable!

Comment

They were advanced ZPMs that draw power from a region of nanite subspace!

I tried, ok?

Comment

Originally posted by Homeslice55
            Yeah, that other guys is probably right.....the whole Nanite containers or something......but they did look pretty cool. And it would be nice if there were..... but than again....they cant even find yellow zpms....no chance in finding the white ones.
            they are ZPM's powered by nanites vacums... no idk.. im going with the nanite theory on containment... my first thought was... sweet ****e zpms, and then i thought, its probably some research thing and not zpms.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

i think the flashback zpm room was "another room" and they just made it look white to make the set a little different.

Comment

what??...those are not white zmps, they're normal zpms, they just have some sort of thing over them...
                http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

Comment

I doubt they were ZPM's. Why would the Ancients do experiments in a room designed to power the city when there's plenty of labs around. It was probably just a console that looked like a ZPM one, we've seen them re-use consoles etc to do different things (time machine/dakara weapon/merlin computer for example).
                  "At least my heroes exist. If this was a Trek convention, you’d be all dressed up like a Klingon."

Comment

ZPM's are small universes in a bottle. That's a bit of an oversimplification, but a good lay-man's explanation.

White ZPM's may not actually be used for power generation. They may simply be artificial universes in a bottle used for experimentation.

Here's my thinking: they build a microverse in the white ZPM. They populate it with nanites, in order to safely experiment and prevent them from escaping if there's an error.

Once the nanites were sufficiently advanced, they took one of the sentient ones out, to talk face to face (Oberoth). Oberoth replicates...etc.

An artificial universe is the perfect place to do highly dangerous experiments, because there's no possibility of it spilling out of the bottle. I'm assuming (I could be wrong) it takes an external force to extract an object from an artificial universe. Alternatively, they simply constructed Oberoth once they were sure the technology was controllable.
                    Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Originally posted by ascendedancient42
                      ZPM's are small universes in a bottle. That's a bit of an oversimplification, but a good lay-man's explanation.

White ZPM's may not actually be used for power generation. They may simply be artificial universes in a bottle used for experimentation.

Here's my thinking: they build a microverse in the white ZPM. They populate it with nanites, in order to safely experiment and prevent them from escaping if there's an error.

Once the nanites were sufficiently advanced, they took one of the sentient ones out, to talk face to face (Oberoth). Oberoth replicates...etc.

An artificial universe is the perfect place to do highly dangerous experiments, because there's no possibility of it spilling out of the bottle. I'm assuming (I could be wrong) it takes an external force to extract an object from an artificial universe. Alternatively, they simply constructed Oberoth once they were sure the technology was controllable.
                      well said!

Comment

if you trully believe that..:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|:|

that's )

what can't you possibly understand, there is no such thing as a white zpm :|

those are normal zpms wich probably have some thing covering them on top...

you always come up with :| ideas

Comment

i personally like the color they are. matches the other ancient tech incorporated by other races (gouald control crystals, etc.)

Comment

@Homeslice55

that was not meant for you....

Comment

Working...
                            X