This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing interest

I am seriously losing interest in Stargate SG-1 + Atlantis. Im not sure why, It maybe be because of the shortage of new eps coming into canada, or it could be the recycled storylines and new cast. I think I'm moving on To Firefly (yes I know that I knocked it before I tired it) But it has gripping storylines, amazing humor and good cast chemistry. Something stargate has lost, big time. I understand SG-1 is really important and has run a long time, but needs to hand the torch to atlantis so they can acctually focus on one series instead of two. I also understand I will get red for this. but frankly, I don't care, not anymore.

Isn't there an Anti-Season 10 & and Anti-Season 3 Thread for this?

Post there,

Anyone who would give you Red for this, deserves red themselves, You're allowed an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyMckay
      I am seriously losing interest in Stargate SG-1 + Atlantis. Im not sure why, It maybe be because of the shortage of new eps coming into canada, or it could be the recycled storylines and new cast. I think I'm moving on To Firefly (yes I know that I knocked it before I tired it) But it has gripping storylines, amazing humor and good cast chemistry. Something stargate has lost, big time. I understand SG-1 is really important and has run a long time, but needs to hand the torch to atlantis so they can acctually focus on one series instead of two. I also understand I will get red for this. but frankly, I don't care, not anymore.
      Why would you get red for making a personal choice about what you want to watch. Its not like you came here and said something trollish like this show $%^&*( stinks or anything. You just said you lost interest. Maybe someday you will regain interest, maybe not. Good luck and enjoy firefly for as long as it last. If you have not tried it already I would also recommend Babylon 5.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I was acctually looking for help, maybe rekindle my love for the series?

Comment

Originally posted by TheProphet
          Isn't there an Anti-Season 10 & and Anti-Season 3 Thread for this?

Post there
          Yes because god forbid a poor poster see a negative post Welcome to the other side RodneyMcKay, you won't be liked because our views are evil wrong and should be hidden from the public
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Yes, I must practice my "hate" for the series in private

Comment

Yup, and contemplate what drove you to be so incompetant that you cant like a fantastic show like Camgate, sorry, Valagate, sorry, Fargate, dammit! Stargate SG1 while you are at it
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

I wouldn't really call the Anti-Threads 'private'... So to Speak... They are usually 'louder' than the Pro-Threads....

Kinda Like how the people who talk about God the most are the Atheists...

Comment

Wait..... You ...... insulted me, but gave me green....
                  Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                    I wouldn't really call the Anti-Threads 'private'... So to Speak... They are usually 'loader' than the Pro-Threads....

Kinda Like how the people who talk about God the most are the Atheists...
                    Or people complaining about George Dubya... But they don't vote

Comment

Wait..... You ...... insulted me, but gave me green....
                      Hmmm
                      It was sarcasm mate, I'm on the ant side too, im just reciting things we hear day in day out

Comment

I also play too many MMORPGs. Which is totally unrelated.
                        On another note, I remember playing with lego, making ships from stargate, the stargate and the characters. Now, I don't play with lego. I still like stargate, but my love is decaying

Comment

I still like stargate, but my love is decaying
                          Perhaps there are multiple reasons for this. One may be that you have matured and the show has dis-matured? I know that's not a word, but it seems to me that the show was more mature a couple of seasons ago and it 'stepped backwards' into more shoot 'em up, less thoughtful, less TEAM oriented episodes. Many folks have lost some, if not all of their love for the show. It's not just one reason. Everyone has their own explanation for why or why they do or do not care for the show as they once did. And that's okay.
                          sigpic

Comment

The writing this season is much better than last season. It's completely natural that you're losing interest in SG-1. You don't have the new season yet and you've seen the other episodes so much you know them by heart.

I love Galactica, but since it's been so long since I've seen an episode I don't really care about it anymore. It's on the backburner. I also found that Galactica started to take itself too seriously and needless to say, I started to like it less and less with each new episode (until the finale, that is).

One thing though, from the last episode of SG-1 just annoys the piss out of me.

Spoiler:

Carter was left in charge of the SGC while Landry and Mitchell were on vacation at Jack's cabin. Once Major Reynolds returned from a mission, he would assume command and Carter was going to go with Vala and Teal'c to join everyone at Jack's cabin. Needless to say, the super-scary alien monsters kept everyone from hanging out until the final reel.

What upsets me is that Carter is a Lt. Col. and Reynolds is a Major. There were tons of bird colonels at the SGC before Jack was promoted. You could site Carter's years of experience, including a year running SG-1 and several months running research at Area 51 as reasons why an O5 should be left in temporary command of the SGC. . . but not a Major. That's just idiotic (writing), in my opinion. As long as TPTB have been working with the Air Force to keep the show "authentic" it's amazing to me that they'd slip up like that.

There should be plenty of bird Colonels at the SGC. Realistically, there would be several layers of assistants to Landry that would take over day-to-day operations if he went on leave. They wouldn't leave something as imporatant as the SGC to an O5 Colonel and then a Major once she left.

Anyway, to those of you who thought that we are getting to keep all the nice technology and it's been replacing good teamwork, you'll be happy to know that we can't use the Sodan cloaks anymore.

Comment

Um.... I'm sorry?

Comment

Working...
                              X