This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Nox flying city and Ancient City

Its been a few months since I have seen the Episode "The Nox" and their flying city that they show in the end, but from what I remember of it, it appears to have alot of similarity to the Ancients City they showed on "Progeny" tonight.

Does anyone think that maybe, since they both were part of the the 4 great races, that maybe they borrowed design ideas from eachother? If this has been asked before, could someone point me to that thread, thanks.
    Last edited by Kastro187420; 11 August 2006, 11:49 PM.

Well, Asuras was shown in "Progeny", not "Uninvited".

Also, the architecture is drastically different, as is the technology. The Nox City only hovers (to our knowledge) while the Ancient City actually flies.

I don't see why they couln't have both come up with the idea, each on their own.

Comment

And the Nox city was built into earth, which was hovering.

Comment

Thanks for the correction on the episode, i've been getting those mixed up all night.

Anyway, your right, they could have come up with it on their own, and I would have to get a better look at the Nox's city to see alot of the design in it, all i've seen was the brief shot they show of it in that Episode.

If you have 2 screen caps (1 of the Nox city, and 1 of the Ancient) for comparison purposes, that would be awesome.

Edit: After doing a little looking, I found this thread, with someone wondering the same thing as me. Its 3 pages long too, so we can find more information there.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=21197

Comment

spoilers people

Comment

Were not giving away any spoilers.... Everyone already knows that the Ancient City flies, and that the Nox have their own hovering City.

Comment

so whats with the link to the pics? and the authors summation that the nox and asurans city are alike idk about anyone else but id consider that a spoiler

Comment

This is the best I could do about Pictures of Asuras:

Spoiler:

Comment

Thats cool, I don't suppose you have any of the Nox City? I haven't seen that in a couple months, so my memory of it isn't up to par.

Comment

That's a lot easier to find

There are actually two versions of the Nox City...

This One:

And My Favorite:

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                      This is the best I could do about Pictures of Asuras:

Spoiler:

Can't help but wonder, why 2 of the city piers are joined together just like Atlantis?

Anyone have any ideas?

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Turboz
                        Can't help but wonder, why 2 of the city piers are joined together just like Atlantis?

Anyone have any ideas?

Swimming pool?
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                          That's a lot easier to find

There are actually two versions of the Nox City...

This One:

And My Favorite:

I may be missing something, but where does the second picture come from?
                          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982
                            Swimming pool?
                            LOL!

I wondered that actually...

Also if you look in the 1st picture that Sauron18 posted, you can clearly see between the 2 piers at the front of the image, that there is kind of like a rocky slope between them which on Atlantis reaches into the water. You suppose this was the Ancients built in beach? lol

-DT

Green to Captain Jake

Comment

Originally posted by Turboz
                              LOL!

I wondered that actually...

Also if you look in the 1st picture that Sauron18 posted, you can clearly see between the 2 piers at the front of the image, that there is kind of like a rocky slope between them which on Atlantis reaches into the water. You suppose this was the Ancients built in beach? lol

-DT
                              Either that or the pen for their superintelligent mutated sharks.
                              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Working...
                              X