Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Our" Ascended Alterans and "Their" Ascended Alterans...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Our" Ascended Alterans and "Their" Ascended Alterans...

I looked for a thread like this and didn't find one, but if I simply overlooked it, I apologize.

We know that the beings we call "Ancients" and the ones we call "Ori" are both ascended beings exiting in another dimension.

One thing that I haven't seen addressed is; on THAT plane, wouldn't they be able to interact?

We know that "our" ascendeds "hid" us from the Ori, which implies that they actually DO interact; otherwise there would be no need to "hide" us.

This might also be part of the reason why they are so big on NOT helping "lowers" to ascend.

Once a "lower" ascends, he might become visible to toe Ori.

Perhaps that's why Oma seems to have always hidden her "people".

Just some thoughts...

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
    - Stephen Colbert
    "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Well one of the recurring themes through the show (and well that is pretty much true in reality) is that the universe is infinite. maybe like our planes of existence, they can't interact on the level we do with each because there is so much space , particularly between ours and their galaxy. And I'm thinking that the Ori galaxy is a long way away and not in the local group. Simply because the ancients must've been hiding a number of galaxies in the local group from them. Also they can't come to our galaxy without feeling the wrath of the ancients, so I guess they can't.

That doesn't read back as well as it sounds in my head

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

We know that the beings we call "Ancients" and the ones we call "Ori" are both ascended beings exiting in another dimension.

One thing that I haven't seen addressed is; on THAT plane, wouldn't they be able to interact?

We know that "our" ascendeds "hid" us from the Ori, which implies that they actually DO interact; otherwise there would be no need to "hide" us.

This might also be part of the reason why they are so big on NOT helping "lowers" to ascend.

Once a "lower" ascends, he might become visible to toe Ori.
      They may be able to if they really wished to, however being the history between them, then the fact that the Ancients don't interfere in lower matters, while the Ori seek worship etc. Then I'd imagine that the Ancients are the satronger buch collectively, so they block them out. Sort of like ignoring the noisy neighbour across the street. If they were on equal footing, then they could come & go willingly in this galaxy. However we know they can't, so they send Priors instead. As well as the fact that they didn't know of the MW galaxy before DJ & Vala slipped up.

Well one of the recurring themes through the show (and well that is pretty much true in reality) is that the universe is infinite. maybe like our planes of existence, they can't interact on the level we do with each because there is so much space , particularly between ours and their galaxy. And I'm thinking that the Ori galaxy is a long way away and not in the local group. Simply because the ancients must've been hiding a number of galaxies in the local group from them. Also they can't come to our galaxy without feeling the wrath of the ancients, so I guess they can't.
      I doubt space would be a problem for them, especially since we've seen ascended beings use the SG to travel many times in the past. So if they really were cut off, what's to stop an Ascended Ancient from dialling up their home galaxy, then travelling up to Celestis for a little chat of a few cups of souls.

It's much more likely that because they despise each other, then they don't communicate mainly because the Ancients block them out. So being the weaker group they are confined solely to their home galaxy until finding out about the MW. The Ori still can't come in person, so they send their human followers to do their bidding instead.

Comment

I would have to agree. I think we need to let go of the idea that the dimension ascended beings occupy is in any way similar to ours. The distance between galaxies here might simply not exist in their dimension, because space probaby doesn't exist like it does here.

And we know the Ori want to kill the Ancients, which means to have some to get to them. They just don't have anything to say to eachother, so they don't.
        *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

Originally posted by The Doctor
          I would have to agree. I think we need to let go of the idea that the dimension ascended beings occupy is in any way similar to ours. The distance between galaxies here might simply not exist in their dimension, because space probaby doesn't exist like it does here.

And we know the Ori want to kill the Ancients, which means to have some to get to them. They just don't have anything to say to eachother, so they don't.
          Who's to say it isn't similar (similar being the pivotal word here) to ours though? We've seen two other dimensions (the crystal skull and arthurs mantle) and they were the same in spacial distances. So why wouldn't there's be as well?

And I think we know they don't have much to say to each other and they despise each other, but if they were so "close" spatially, they'd always be this higher dimension war being battled. Because I don't think they'd want to be sharing, particularly the Ori. There isn't a war going on, because the ori themselves don't come into our galaxy, and if they do then they are going to have to face the ancients full on.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

Distance does exist in the ascended planes though, we have seen this before numerous times.

Therefore it is safe to assume that the Ori and the Ascended are too far away to interact on a normal basis.

Comment

When I imagine the ascended plane, I imagine something more like the Q Continuum.

Comment

Originally posted by brooks_lt
                When I imagine the ascended plane, I imagine something more like the Q Continuum.
                What does that look like?

I always imagined it like a shinier, purer version of our universe, where they could simply take of from planet to planet at speeeds that, by our standards, would be like that of an asgard hyperdrive (this is supported by how they tend to move across our plane)

Comment

Always considered the 'ascended' to still live in our reality more or less. After all, M theory says other dimensions are either crumpled up smaller than we can detect today or stretched out and unfurled in some fashion that we are unaware of - I suppose they might be in the extra unfurled dimensions beyond the 3 we live in. But there shouldn't be any restrictions in these extra unfurled dimensions that I read about.

*shrug*

don't know really

Comment

i would think that its spread out more or there are tricks to hiding that we don't know yet. i mean, when we first met orlin, he had never heard of oma and said he hadn't seen the others in a long time. also about the communicating, there's a glitch somehow in that with the technology that daniel used to open pandora's box. i mean, the ori had a similar item in their galaxy, so information was exchanged at some point b/c daniel wasn't the first to use that. which i wonder if that allows one to travel to several different galaxies and danile just happened to pick the one w/ the bad guys. but at somepoint after their split, the ancients were communicating with the ori.

Comment

Hang on - the Ascended Alterans has never been clear to me, are all ascended beings Alteran (im guessing not), are all ascended Ori Alteran??

Please help!
                      Its not about whos right or wrong its about the debate!

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon
                        Hang on - the Ascended Alterans has never been clear to me, are all ascended beings Alteran (im guessing not), are all ascended Ori Alteran??

Please help!
                        The Ori are not Alterans and never were.
                        "Our" guys with all the noninterference are the Alterans.
                        If anything, the term for all the ascended beings would be Ancients.
                        Such a shame that I wouldn't know by now your revelations
                        Cut me in, I don't wanna live without your revelations.
                        -Audioslave

Comment

Not to argue but they allowed Oma to ascend Daniel, and hes not an Ancient or an Alteran -

Surely not all ascended beings are Ancients - no other race has managed to transform into a higher level of existence than the Ancients?
                          Its not about whos right or wrong its about the debate!

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon
                            Not to argue but they allowed Oma to ascend Daniel, and hes not an Ancient or an Alteran -

Surely not all ascended beings are Ancients - no other race has managed to transform into a higher level of existence than the Ancients?
                            Yes, other beings have managed to ascend. The Ancients/Alterrans are only a portion of the total Ascended. Just look at the episode "Threads" for that answer.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

actually they changed their name to alterans after they left their home galaxy (ori galaxy now). they don't reveal their original names. ancients are what we call them. many times when we find one of them or asurans they say "what you call ancients"
                              A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Working...
                              X