Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Moros retain ALL his ascended knowledge and many powers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did Moros retain ALL his ascended knowledge and many powers?

It seems no other ancient was able to do this?

he cheated.
    Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

why didn't the other ascended ancients use the same trick?

Comment

If they descend to a level of human evolution close to what it was when they first ascended, their brain would be able to hold a lot more information, not all of it but a fair amount. But that doesn't explain why Orlin didn't do that in the fourth horseman. Although the others let him descend, so they probably dictated the conditions of his warning to the SGC, and made him come back as a boy so that he couldn't retain lots of knowledge. So yes, I would imagine Moros broke the rules, so he would have the ability to retain knowledge.

Question 2, you are in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on his back, in the hot sun. You recognize his plight but do nothing to help, why?

because… you are also a tortoise.

O’NEILL: No. No. Full well expected the other shoe to drop eventually.

THOR: We can only hope this will be the last footwear to fall.

T-minus 16 days until sky one season 10 premiere.

Comment

My theory on this is that they can only decened at most to their maximum level of evolution. Which in orlins case was much less then what merlins evolution level would have been.

Comment

wow. No one came up with this theory?

He recreated himself inside a human woman and she gave birth to him. He genetically modified himself to grow at a faster rate, thus, reassuming the figure of Moros/Merlin within a matter of days. Just like Adria. Simple.
            Hallowed are the Xander. Love, Worship, and Rep/Green your all-powerful, omniscient God!

Comment

Maybe there weren't enough other ascended beings yet to control him. Doesn't it generally take a combined effort for the ancients to do that sort of thing?
              What if the hokey-pokey really is what it's all about?

Spoiler:
              I made a big decision a little while ago.
              I don't remember what it was, which prob'ly goes to show
              That many times a simple choice can prove to be essential
              Even though it often might appear inconsequential.

I must have been distracted when I left my home because
              Left or right I'm sure I went. (I wonder which it was!)
              Anyway, I never veered: I walked in that direction
              Utterly absorbed, it seems, in quiet introspection.

For no reason I can think of, I've wandered far astray.
              And that is how I got to where I find myself today.

Bill Waterson, "The indispensable Calvin and Hobbes"

Comment

I think if you descend on your own you can keep atleast most of thhe knowledge. Orlin the first time seemed to be able to remeber things from his ascension, and he did build the mini gate. The second time he was probably still being punished for descending the first time and the others obvioulsy knew he was going to do it so they had a hand in not letting him keep his knowledge.

Perfecto!

Comment

Orlin was fine when he descended the first time and he retained a lot of Ancient knowledge. Daniel Jackson is fine and he has a lot of Ancient secrets locked in his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Xanderic
                    wow. No one came up with this theory?

He recreated himself inside a human woman and she gave birth to him. He genetically modified himself to grow at a faster rate, thus, reassuming the figure of Moros/Merlin within a matter of days. Just like Adria. Simple.
                    ^ I like this idea.

Comment

Originally posted by wanderingbynight
                      Maybe there weren't enough other ascended beings yet to control him. Doesn't it generally take a combined effort for the ancients to do that sort of thing?
                      umm I'm pretty sure there was enough... Merlin and Arthur were in like what? 12th century?... that's like 900 years ago.... the ancients ascended like 8000 years ago.

Comment

Good point Xanderic lol
                        What if the hokey-pokey really is what it's all about?

Spoiler:
                        I made a big decision a little while ago.
                        I don't remember what it was, which prob'ly goes to show
                        That many times a simple choice can prove to be essential
                        Even though it often might appear inconsequential.

I must have been distracted when I left my home because
                        Left or right I'm sure I went. (I wonder which it was!)
                        Anyway, I never veered: I walked in that direction
                        Utterly absorbed, it seems, in quiet introspection.

For no reason I can think of, I've wandered far astray.
                        And that is how I got to where I find myself today.

Bill Waterson, "The indispensable Calvin and Hobbes"

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                          Orlin was fine when he descended the first time and he retained a lot of Ancient knowledge. Daniel Jackson is fine and he has a lot of Ancient secrets locked in his mind.
                          Exactly! Unless you've done something wrong in the past, the Ancients will let you descend with ascended knowledge. You just can't use a lot of it for the most part.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

When Orlin descended in The Fourth Horseman he slowly lost his memories over the span of a few days. Merlin would have had the same problem, unless he had a way to restore his knowledge.

Perhaps the Repository of Ancient Knowledge that downloaded the ancient's knowledge into O'Neill's head was actually Merlin's backups copies of his ascended knowledge.
                            Anytime Merlin started to forget things, he'd stick his head in the repository and come out remembering everything.
                            Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
                              When Orlin descended in The Fourth Horseman he slowly lost his memories over the span of a few days. Merlin would have had the same problem, unless he had a way to restore his knowledge.

Perhaps the Repository of Ancient Knowledge that downloaded the ancient's knowledge into O'Neill's head was actually Merlin's backups copies of his ascended knowledge.
                              Anytime Merlin started to forget things, he'd stick his head in the repository and come out remembering everything.
                              that sounds good n all but why put them on different planets? also why wasn't there one in his house in Camolot?

Comment

Working...
                              X