Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to do if there is another Supergate?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't be surprised if the Ori set up a series of weapon satellites around the next Supergate, only without the technical restrictions/weaknesses of the Tegalus one.

Comment

We should show more self trust:

Comment

Well its kinda weird with the whole black hole thing. I don't understand how they can travel through the gate and the ori can shut it off and not need to have it open all the time. The way i always understood was blackhole wormhole travel was one way only. Now i'm assuming with the supergate being jamed open in the PG, the atlantis team can travel back very quickly now. But now they are building some space bridge with gates in between the galaxys. Hmmm the way i always understood is gates need a point of orgin but what is the point of orgin on a floating gate?

Is the blackhole the point of orgin for the supergate as well?
        Christopher H.
        Stargate Atlantis Fan
        WebSite Owner: Excellent Credit Cards

Comment

On our polish forum we found a solution that solves almost all the problems connected with shevrons. It's only speculation, but I think the best and most logical that I know.
          All shevrons are variable and address isn't connected with one special planet (gate on Apophis'es Ha'tak ship). Imagine computer program that shows values of some functions that changes in time. Gate's position also changes in time and shevrons are only symbols of this variable position something like [x, y, z]. If you are looking at gate's address it's seemingly constant, but if you will check chevron's values, they're changing in time. You can allways dial, no matter if gate is on place or not except when gates are to close. So point of orgin is also the same, but it's value is changed. There is also one problem. What with "galactic point of orgin"? We don't know to many details, but I think this additional shevron is unnecessary and it's just a bug. We know that it's accomplished fact, so we are looking for explanation. We have some theories, but it's not completed yet. If we find something interesting, I will post it here.
          My name is Olo - Hans Olo
          Sorry for my english, I'm not

Asgard Greetings: Greeting
          Borg Greetings: Lower your shields, Prepare to assimilate

Comment

Originally posted by ablevins425
            To make a wormhole jump the bomb has to be set on the outgoing wormhole not the incoming. Correct me if I am wrong but I think this happened twice.

no, when they first did it, the gate was incoming,
            Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
            (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Originally posted by ancientaction
              no, when they first did it, the gate was incoming,
              Really I thought that they dialed out because the gate shut off. Remember they processed the iris code for the incoming gate and had to speed it up like 500 times normal speed to be able to read it, but then it shut off. They then dialed in to see what was going on. They wanted to take a team there to help but Carter was like "no sir". Anyone else? Again if I am wrong I am sorry.
              You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Originally posted by ablevins425
                Really I thought that they dialed out because the gate shut off. Remember they processed the iris code for the incoming gate and had to speed it up like 500 times normal speed to be able to read it, but then it shut off. They then dialed in to see what was going on. They wanted to take a team there to help but Carter was like "no sir". Anyone else? Again if I am wrong I am sorry.

I could be wrong, i'll have to watch it again to verify.

wait.... i don't have the dvd, could sombody watch it for me!, lol
                Homer: WHEN PIGS FLY!...
                (a pig was in a cannon, and got shot accross the town, right were homer can see)

Homer: Doh!

Comment

Working...
                X