This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Real Life, could they do it?

So imagine that both shows were real life situations, what do you think are the chances of them surviving their respective enemies? SG1 I think would be easy to predict, they and the Earth would have been overrunned and destroyed by the Gouad in a minute, come on these people were conquering planets when we were still probably eating bananas and climbing trees. They also have the resources of hundreds of planets, they could build fleets of fighterships without monetary considerations, depletion of mineral deposit or worries of destroying the planet, it's helps sometimes to be considered a God. It would be worst than US taking on a tiny Caribbean island nation. So RLS (real life situation), we go down in flames, SEASON 1.

But how about Atlantis? Here you have a group of I'm assuming the best of the best in terms of US military with the smartest minds or so discovering technology which is far beyond even their enemies capabilities. I seriously don't see them taking down the wraith so easily (to me, the Wriath seems like Jason Voorhies type creatures, damn hard to kill, hockey mask included). But how long do you think they could survive, until Season 1, past Season 2, and definitely not past season 3. After the Siege, Atlantis would be gone, unless they found some real ZPMs to power up the shield again. Personal opinion, I think it's possible for them to survive Season 1, I mean they have ancient technology, with ancient weapons and a top fighting force. The majority of the Wraith have barely awaken and probably don't even know about Atlantis yet. Their biggest opponent during that season would probably be the Genii who have a much larger army to back them up and more influence in the galaxy. I can easily see them wanting to take Atlantis for themselves regardless of weather or not they can use the tech, I sure they can learn quite a bit. But assuming SGA can avoid the Genii and cautiously use the Stargate, my RLS prediction for SGA would be past Season 1 but definite defeat during the end of Season 2. What do you think?
    Last edited by Ryu; 05 August 2006, 06:58 PM.

I think in real-life the whole mess with the alternate Weir going back in time never would have happened (or she, too would have died in the crash) and they would have drowned and stayed dead shortly after their arrival.
    [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Realistically, Ra would probably have been successful in sending the naquadah-enhanced nuke to Earth, wiping out a significant portion of the United States, if not worse IMO. And then Ra would likely have invaded Earth.

Even if O'Neil had been successful and events played out as they did in the movie, Apophis would most likely have successfully invaded Earth (SG-1 got way too many lucky breaks when they snuck aboard Klorel's Ha'tak IMO), and then there'd have been no Atlantis expedition team.

Comment

What a relief that this is not real life, no?
        [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Two things:

1) please state how long you believe each team or show would have lasted against their respective enemies and when you think they would have fallen

2) we must disregard the fact that if SG1 failed, there would never have been a SGA team. Assume for SGA sake that SG1 did get all the lucky breaks or that the Asgard came to our rescue whatever, how long and when do you think SGA would succumb to the wraith.

Yeah I know the SGA assumption kind of throws off the whole real life situation thing here but not much to discuss if you just talk about SG1 and Earth getting wiped out from Ra.

Comment

The movie could have possible happened (very slim chance), but Earth would defenitely be toast at the end of season one of SG1.
            Atlantis would never even have been found/reached.

Of course, you have to keep in mind that the writers have to make things kind of plausible, so in real life every situation would have been a hell of a lot worse.
            *And that's all I have to say about that*

Comment

Originally posted by Ryu
              Two things:

1) please state how long you believe each team or show would have lasted against their respective enemies and when you think they would have falled
              Atlantis would've been overtaken by the Wraith in the Siege. Sorry folks, no "just in time" arrival by the Daedalus. Sheppard would've killed himself to take out one of the hive ships but it wouldn't be enough and then all of the expedition would be fed upon.

Thats my two cents.
              sigpic
              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Let;s assume for a minute that SG1 survive until the episode "Point of View". In the process of this episode, the entire universe would collapse in on itself due to the fact that after Sg1 went to dimension, and the window shut down, they've created a new time line, now as we all know EVERY alternative must be played out, so there are now LOADS more realities where SG1 have ventured into another reality. Due to the "every possibility" rule, the realities will divide even more when they try to tune into home using the mirror, as in theory, they will return to every single available reality at once. But we must remember that not only is one team trying to return home, an infinite number is, so, basically you'd get an infinite number of SG1s pouring through one mirror in an infinite number of realities. The universe would then, in all likely hood, just give up.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Well I guess IRL there wouldn't be plotholes to make it harder for SG1.

So the Orion got outfitted with a ZPM.

We never gave the Russiansa 304 because we would usse the ones from Baal.

Can't think of much more now but I think we'd be better off

Comment

Originally posted by Syera
                    What a relief that this is not real life, no?
                    Totally! We'd all be dead already, or slaves to the Goa'uld.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I actualy think we'd be fine I'm sorruy but the Asgard would have saved our ass. Plus if it was real life we would'nt be sending tiny sg teams out we would have nuked Chulac then sent an armord division in to clean up the mess Jaffa are bad enough against sg-1 thwey would be massacred by large numbers of troops with tanks and arty support. So we would just repeat the process on every goa'ould planet in other words total ownage for us.

As for Atlantis I'm really not sure.
                      Resistance is futile...

Comment

That's a very arrogant aproach to it.

I like to think that even the US Military has some compassion. And you severely over estimate our military prowess.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

They would have pulled out of Atlantis by now and concentrate on the Ori.
                          sigpic

Comment

I think that SG-1 would have failed at preventing Apophis from reaching Earth, but 30 000 or so jaffa from the two Ha'taks wouldn't have stood a chance against the might of the UN's army.

Earth is the only society of billions in the entire galaxy, and perhaps the most militarized.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett
                              That's a very arrogant aproach to it.

I like to think that even the US Military has some compassion. And you severely over estimate our military prowess.

I'm sorry but morals are NOT important when your very existence is at stake we would have simply nuked every Goa'ould planet. Leaving the morals to their successors.

Even if we didn't nuke them their isa no way Goa'ould could fight massed armor. As for what a heavy artillery barrage would do to them...... Well we can only imagine.
                              Resistance is futile...

Comment

Working...
                              X