Thread: Doctor Who Sheet Music

Chief Master Sergeant TheAncient1's Avatar

Default Doctor Who Sheet Music

I have the sheet music, but have never been able to play it. I was wondering what it sounded like on a piano. Has anyone ever played it. I would very much like to hear a sound file of it being played on a piano.

here are the pages

pg4
    pg3
    pg2
    pg1

Chief Master Sergeant

Default Re: Doctor Who Sheet Music

Oh, wow, this is so cool! Thanks for sharing, I love playing this kind of stuff on the piano (I've had lessons for the past 18 years, I reckon I'll be able to play it all right, *chuckle*). I'm afraid I don't have recording capabilities, though, but I'll try and report back here on how it sounds.

edited to add: just played it. It's cute! The left hand isn't very... uhm, inspired, though. I'm not a big fan of all those repeated notes, cuz it's kinda boring, but I suppose it cannot be helped. It's still fun to play! I wish I could make a recording of it.
    Last edited by Dallista; August 4th, 2006 at 11:00 AM.

Chief Master Sergeant TheAncient1's Avatar

Thanks for being the first person to reply in four days, out of the 33 that have viewed this thread. I wonder why I didnt get more replies.

Chief Master Sergeant

Maybe nobody else plays the piano? It just says sheet music in the topic, not piano sheet music. Or maybe people are just lazy and don't bother replying to say thanks. I suspect it's the latter.

Hiya. I'm going to look into doing it for you It's just a little hassle to print off the music in order to play it, but I should have time tomorrow evening for you, if you can bear with me My piano playing is a little rusty though

Edit: I've just had a quick play (Actually, it was kinda slow) to try and get a feel for the music, and it's very, very strange. I kept having to double check I was playing in the right clef, because it sounded so off. Saying that, though, my piano is kinda out of tune. Anyway, I'll have a proper bash at it tomorrow night.
    Last edited by Tracy Jane; August 5th, 2006 at 01:21 PM.
    Yepp, it's blank down here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallista
    Maybe nobody else plays the piano? It just says sheet music in the topic, not piano sheet music. Or maybe people are just lazy and don't bother replying to say thanks. I suspect it's the latter.
    Or we can play, but don't have access to a piano.

I'll give a better idea of it after I've had a chance to have a go, but TBH, I think having sheet music is great, and I wish I could get hold of some for other shows too...

So thanks
    Son, do you know what colour this phone is?
    - General Hammond

Thanks heaps for posting this! Ive been after the sheet music for AGES! Now I can play my nerdy Doctor Who music on my keyboard and annoy my housemates even more!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...eeper/sig2.jpg

Stars with gates are cool...
    "Somewhere, somebody's blog just blew up."

Probie

I'll be heading to my piano tomorrow, so I'll set up for recording, and will try to get a clear recording tomorrow or monday.

First Lieutenant

G'day,

Nerdy here, but not at all musical. But drawn to this thread, as I spent ages trying to track down the sheet music for the 1996 (John Debney) theme. The Brisbane Orchestra (QLD, Australia) did a Sci-Fi theme night a few years back, and were trying to locate that music... I carried the torch for them (no affiliation), but had no luck either.

Previously... I had tried to convince the head of the Darwin Symphony Orchestra to do the 1996 theme... back in 1996... but the neanderthal running the show said the Doctor Who theme was only ever for synthesizers... despite me pointing out that the 96 theme was intended to be played by an orchestra (and only recorded by synthetic instruments due to cost).

I'd love to hear your attempts to play the WHO theme - ANY version!

Probie

Thank you much for this post; I actually transcribed the theme by ear a number of years ago to do an arrangement for a percussion ensemble I played in, but I'll gladly post a You Tube of this version on Piano and post a link for you.

First Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by MusicforMovies View Post
    Thank you much for this post; I actually transcribed the theme by ear a number of years ago to do an arrangement for a percussion ensemble I played in, but I'll gladly post a You Tube of this version on Piano and post a link for you.
    Would love to hear it
    I wouldn't dream of interfering with your monopticons.

Marlene McFly

Just found this thread. Thanks for posting. I'm not playing the piano. But maby I mannage to play some parts on it on flute.
    Nobody asked me, if I wanted to live. So don't anyone tell me how I shoul lead my life.