This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pegasus-Supergate Connection Ill-conceived

I understand that it was necessary to travel to another galaxy to establish an incoming wormhole with the supergate, but I think we should have picked one of the many other adjacent galaxies to dial from, not Pegasus.

Think about it, we have now established a direct permanent conduit from the Wraith galaxy to the Milky Way, and we know that they have ships capable of traveling through the stargate. What's to stop them from equiping a modified dart with a hyperdrive, storing several thousand wraith (and a queen) in the beam-buffer, and simply invading our galaxy through the open connection? Once they are here, they could start reproducing quickly given the abundance of food in the MW.

We already know that it the connection will work just like a normal stargate, the size differential between the gates wouldn't warp the incoming matter (after using Orylin's mini-gate, Sam and Orylin didn't materialize on the other side the wrong size)

We know the nukes already attracted one hive ship, so its possible others will travel to the blackhole and discover the connection.

Thoughts?

Descended

I think it's already been said here that a dart would be ripped apart by the blackhole before it got anywhere near the gate, so there's no way the wraith can use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Descended
      What's to stop them from equiping a modified dart with a hyperdrive, storing several thousand wraith (and a queen) in the beam-buffer, and simply invading our galaxy through the open connection?
      A black hole.
      Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Even if the wraith could send darts through the gate i would think that the supergate would be watched just in case the ori could change it or do something to it like shut it off and then they could send more ships here

Comment

I agree that the black hole would be a problem. One thing it might be useful for in the short term is communication to/from earth. Although the stream is obviously affected by time dialation - it doesn't affect the data - so might prove a more efficent way of contacting earth than continually dialing up the Atlantis gate to earth. (Obviously there would be some nearby relay station)

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
            A black hole.
            Pretty much sums it up.

A Black Hole.
            *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
            *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
            *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
            *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
            *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
            *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
            *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

And there is that little thing about time slowing down.
              ---Shockwave04----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave04
                And there is that little thing about time slowing down.
                That too, but I seriously doubt we would leave the Supergate unguarded. Just because of the fact that in the unlikly event a wraith decides to try a sucicidal move like that we will be prepared. But if a hive ship was so effected by the black hole, a dart would be torn assunder in a matter of milliseconds.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                  I think it's already been said here that a dart would be ripped apart by the blackhole before it got anywhere near the gate, so there's no way the wraith can use it.
                  Exactly! Took the words out of my mouth there.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

There is also the fact that

- The Wraith don't actually know the Stargate leads to Earth, and the only hive ship who saw us put it there was blown up.

- The Wraith don't posses intergalatic hyperdrive technology, nor the ability to give a stargate enough power to go to different galaxys. So they would be stranded.

- The don't know the Milky Way's stargate address system, nor do they know where Earth, or any other planets with large human populations are, so they won't get all that far in a Dart
                    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Working...
                    X