Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many wraith ships were there during the Ancien wraith war?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many wraith ships were there during the Ancien wraith war?

We are now in season three and have seen what ancient tech can and what the wraith can do. And as we know the ancients were not too stupid so they should have had an idea about tactics. Even we took out about 10 hives in 2-3 years so there had to be 100s at the time the anciets were around. What do you think.
    PS: Found no post like this, if there is one i'm sorry.

probably hundreds but we shouldn't underestimate the wraiths abilities...and they are very sneaky and cunning and also very adaptable
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

I think we'll end up finding out that there hundreds out there now...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks
        I think we'll end up finding out that there hundreds out there now...
        Yeah, they're probably ones that were waiting to be powered up.

Best Stargate quote:
        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
        Green is your friend.

Comment

we know there's 60 out there and those wraith don't have enough food, they can't go making more hives as that will require more wraith to inhabit them and shorten the food supply moreso.

I do think at the time of the ancient war there were many many more than 60 out there, I don't see the wraith taking the ancients grasp on pegasus with 60 ships, I'd say atleast 5 times that amount.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
            we know there's 60 out there and those wraith don't have enough food, they can't go making more hives as that will require more wraith to inhabit them and shorten the food supply moreso.
            You don't know how many humans/ancients were around at that time. Thousands years of culling might have a little effect on population density

Comment

Originally posted by tobi
              You don't know how many humans/ancients were around at that time. Thousands years of culling might have a little effect on population density
              sorry I was talking in present day terms, I'm sure there were millions even billions of more humans in pegasus at the beginning of the ancient war. Also we know that the pegasus population has decreased even more recently due to so many wraith being awake and heading out to Atlantis, they were culling entire planets on their way leaving no one to revive the population.

Comment

Well, if there's 60 now, and those are all old, (from the time of the war, if I'm not mistaken) then I'd say yeah there were hundreds of them at the time of the war. Of course, that's just Hives, there are also crusiers, so there were probably a lot of them too, I'd say mid-hundreds to perhaps 1000. And I figure after they defeated the Ancients, they probably had a civil war, fighting over the conquered territory and food supply, untill only 60 ships were left, and they agreed upon the method of controlled culling to maintain the human population.

Comment

Don't forget that the Lantians would of destroyed a lot of Hive ships during the War ... There may well of been 1000s originally, but by the time the war ended only 60ish remained. As stated in an episode (with Micheal in I believe) a wrath informs McKay that they themselves aren't 100% sure how to work/fix all the systems on a Hive ship, which would explain why the Wraith never rebuilt to the size of their previous armada.
                  X X I I

Comment

There were thousands. The war lasted 100 years. I could see at least 10 being built out each year. Maybe more. There were a lot of Wraith.
                    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Your all speculating that the Alterans had numerous Warships...

The way I see it, Atlantis and say....10 ships arrive in Peggy....don't forget, some of those will be exploration vessels....I get the feeling the warships/aurora ships were kinda...the new thing.

ANYWAY....even though they had superior fire power...that firepower wasnt going to last against say, 30 Hive ships pummeling fire against their sheilds.

Now: some may say the Atlantians were there for a long time...but they wouldn't need ships so they more than likely wern't built in vast numbers, or in fighting capabilities....who's not to say the Hive ships wernt Atlantian anyway - it would explain how they suddenly appeared in Wraith hands.

Now- I do agree there were probably a lot more Wraith ships during the war...but LARGE numbers arnt always necessary...attacks on population, moral will also help defeat the enemy.
                      Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Atlantis wasn't the only city the ancients had and the wraith not only fought the ancients but also advanced human civilization[TRINITY, THE TOWER, THE LONG GOODBYE] in the P galaxy as well. There must have been thousands of Hive ship and millions of wraith during the war.

100 hive ships- forget about it! Might as well stay in their own solar system and sleep.

Comment

Point is, we don't know. They keep it vague so they can have a Hive or two to blow up every few episodes.

Comment

60+ now maybe thousands during lantian/wraith war.
                            A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
                              60+ now maybe thousands during lantian/wraith war.
                              That's what I'm thinking. Afterall, it was their overwhelming numbers that eventually allowed them to defeat/outlast the Ancients in Pegasus.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X