Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Origin of Wraith Mental Abilities (Or Who were the Ancestors of the Wraith?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Origin of Wraith Mental Abilities (Or Who were the Ancestors of the Wraith?)

I do not in fact have much to write, rather I would like to get the opinions of the forum members.

We have seen that the Wraith posses telepathic abilities; however, there has been no evidence that the bugs from which they gain their feeding abilities posses any such capability.

I believe the show has theorized that the wraith are a mixture of human and bug. The question I have is the following: Given that Ancients, not humans, posses mental abilities most similar to the Wraith, is it not more reasonable to believe the Wraith to be a mixture of Ancient and Bug?

thats true the humans in the pegasus galaxy were ancients but it's also possible the iratus bug comunicated through some kind of hive mind or telepathy
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

we dont know if it was the ancient or the human populations they seeded that was involved ion the wraith evolution. we assume it was the humans since:
      1. they dont have the ATA gene
      2. they have human DNA as opposed to alteran the species may be similar but they wont be identical... unless the alterans wanted them to be the same but if they had they should have the ATA gene...
      3. they would have been noticed MUCH sooner if the bungs were killing off ancients and evolving into a hybrid. by that i mean they wouldnt have had the time to build their massive fleets and grow to such numbers cos the alterrans would have walked onto the planet in question and -bzzzt- wiped them out.
      Last edited by genome; 30 July 2006, 03:47 PM.

Comment

My hypophysis is that the wraith were an ancient experiment in ascension. We know that when one ascends they leave there physical body and become energy like a soul or life force. According to our current leave of science there is nothing to suggest that a soul exists so maybe the ancients had trouble identifying the soul/life force and separating it from the body, then they found the eratus bug and observed its ability to live off other animal’s life force so they crossed their own DNA with that of the eratus bug in some sort of experiment to try and separate the soul from the body.

My idea has some flaws but it’s the only way to explain the human/eratus bug cross over that is the wraith with out saying they evolved which doesn’t make much sense unless the eratus bug has some unique ability to absorb the DNA of its prey.

Comment

The sudden appearence of advanced telepathic abilities in the hybrid species is just one of the reasons why I think the whole human/bug theory is bunk.

None of the parent creatures had powers like that. It would make more sense if they were ancients contaminated by the Irratus bug not humans.

Comment

maybe they were ancients...they did seed the life in the pegasus it's possible that the bug fed directly on ancients...it was originally an ancient settlement
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

The ancients have advanced mental abilities so when the iratus bug latched on and the two secies evolved in to the wraith mental abilities, primarily telepathy was passed on to the wraith. I also think that the Queen's possess the greatest range of abilities because they are from a time when the alterans still used thier powers regularly ( the Queens are actual Ancients who were turned in to wraith by the iratus than just being human and then wraith)
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

The ancients have advanced mental abilities so when the iratus bug latched on and the two secies evolved in to the wraith mental abilities, primarily telepathy was passed on to the wraith. I also think that the Queen's possess the greatest range of abilities because they are from a time when the alterans still used thier powers regularly ( the Queens are actual Ancients who were turned in to wraith by the iratus than just being human and then wraith)
                thats very possible it would be cool to see the wraith using other powers like telikanesis*
                *spelling

Comment

back at the end of season one i figured the wraith enzyme can make you stronger seen in ford (at the time i thought he had turned part wraith). and that was the result of a humanized wraith, but if the iratus bug bit you (as it did shepherd) it gives off a retrovirus in its saliva and turns the victim to a primitive wraith because that seemed to be what happened to shep in conversion. i figured after reading the basic plot that the virus was dormant and spread and was taking affect at that time. and the wraith came to be when a group of ancient went and studied the bugs and were bitten and called for help. the other removed the bugs and they later became wraith, explaining the mental powers and the similarities in wraith and ancient language. but i was ultimately proven wrong
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

well i read somewhere that the ancients moved to the pegasus galaxy and encountered wraith but where at a a minimal threat so they couldnt of spawned from the ancients so its possible that they later became part ancients or a crazy experiment to put ancient dna into iratus and later evolved through nanites so they become the wraith and set it out free and that wraith mated with a bug ancestors and that borned out hundreds of wraith species and gained the tech knowledge through the ancient gene and thats why they have mental skills and links and tech similar to the ancients.

yes its a bit crazy.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
                      back at the end of season one i figured the wraith enzyme can make you stronger seen in ford (at the time i thought he had turned part wraith). and that was the result of a humanized wraith, but if the iratus bug bit you (as it did shepherd) it gives off a retrovirus in its saliva and turns the victim to a primitive wraith because that seemed to be what happened to shep in conversion. i figured after reading the basic plot that the virus was dormant and spread and was taking affect at that time. and the wraith came to be when a group of ancient went and studied the bugs and were bitten and called for help. the other removed the bugs and they later became wraith, explaining the mental powers and the similarities in wraith and ancient language. but i was ultimately proven wrong
                      In Conversion it was a prototype of Becket's retrovirus that transformed Sheppard.

Comment

The Wraith mental capabilities probably came from the Iratus bug feeding off of the Ancients. The Ancients after all, had advanced super powers. That's probably how it originated.

Comment

but how did the ancient gain those powers? evolution. it could be a natural development of an advandced hive-based species.
                          sigpic

Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by IMDB
                          Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                          Hehe

Comment

Or it could be like fire-ants or bees that act not as individuals but as a hive, and since this is a sci-fi the writters probably thought it would be call if this hive had telepaphy which then spread to the Wraith.
                            Originally posted by Craig Charles
                            "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

The iratus bug bit Dark Helmet and got the downside of the Shwartz.

Dr. Daedalus
                              God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
                              Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Working...
                              X