Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daniel saw "Myrddin" in some parts of the Database the Atlantis expedition sent back home.

Still, it's the Atlantean Database was in a different language altogether (ancient), that by the time we (Daniel) is reading it it is pronounced "Myrddin", while 10,000 years ago, despite looking the same, it was pronounced "Moros"

Comment

Is is possible that Moros was the ancient name, and it was roughly equivlient to Myrddin in English. They dont need to line up. Morgan didnt say who she was programed in the image of in english she said the name in Ancent. Moros could be Myrddin in English.
      Save SG-1! Sign the Petition!
      http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

I'm almost 100% positive that in Pegasus Project, Daniel said that words can have the same spelling in the Alteran/Lantean language, but the pronunciation is what changes over generations.

So, whatever was written in the database, Daniel most likely read it as Myrddin, but it spelled Moros in the pre-Earth Lantean culture.

I swear, people are just looking for stuff to complain about. This is not the first OMG PLOT HOLE! post I have seen. Calm down people.

Comment

Originally posted by psumetguy2008
          I'm almost 100% positive that in Pegasus Project, Daniel said that words can have the same spelling in the Alteran/Lantean language, but the pronunciation is what changes over generations.

So, whatever was written in the database, Daniel most likely read it as Myrddin, but it spelled Moros in the pre-Earth Lantean culture.

I swear, people are just looking for stuff to complain about. This is not the first OMG PLOT HOLE! post I have seen. Calm down people.
          Very true, I dont think that many people here could make a 200+ episode story plot over 10+ years with absolutely no plot holes. Just deal with them, is ONE word that big of a deal?
          Save SG-1! Sign the Petition!
          http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/Stargate/

Comment

Guys, you're overreacting. The original poster was just pointing out something that seemed inconsistant, and I sort of agree (until an explanation was found).

No one is going ZOMG!!! A PLOT HOLE!!11!

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
              Guys, you're overreacting. The original poster was just pointing out something that seemed inconsistant, and I sort of agree (until an explanation was found).

No one is going ZOMG!!! A PLOT HOLE!!11!
              PG15 is correct... I was just pointing it out! It's not a big deal, just a fun little tidbit that is out of place.

It's not even a big enough plot hole to even be concerned about... it's just an inconsistancy that I thought would be fun to share.

So everybody calm down... and enjoy! LOL

Ace
              "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

No one is uncalm as far as I know, we were just pointing out that it is infact neither an inconsitency nor a plot hole, since there are tons of explanations.

Comment

I'm gonna stick with the theory of dual names here... what was it Morgan said her Lantean name was again? it was something long and I would assume that Ancients had some way of distinguishing two people with the same name in a text it just stands to reason and seeing as how they are/were basically human one could reasonably assume that they would follow the same logic in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                    No one is uncalm as far as I know, we were just pointing out that it is infact neither an inconsitency nor a plot hole, since there are tons of explanations.
                    See the problem I have with your theory is that Daniel can read Ancient. I don't see him making a mistake that big...

Especially since it seemed that both Weir and Jackson knew of Moros... him being the Ancient head guy but didn't know he was Merlin because they had never seen a picture of him.

I don't know that's what it seemed like to me...

Ace

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                      See the problem I have with your theory is that Daniel can read Ancient. I don't see him making a mistake that big...

Especially since it seemed that both Weir and Jackson knew of Moros... him being the Ancient head guy but didn't know he was Merlin because they had never seen a picture of him.

I don't know that's what it seemed like to me...

Ace
                      Well, the first time Weird heard of Moros was from Alternate Weird, who had met him, so it's possible that their knowledge of him was solely based on Alt.Weir's account.

Daniel understands Ancient yes, but this is a Tomato Tomahto situation, except it's sort of Moros Myrddin. Basically just the pronounciation changed, and they knew of Moros because of the Other episode.

Comment

If this is a little plot hole, who cares? Definitely nothing to be concerned about. Maybe the original translation of Myrddin was off a little.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                          If this is a little plot hole, who cares? Definitely nothing to be concerned about. Maybe the original translation of Myrddin was off a little.
                          Your right... who knows?

Ace

Comment

It's also possible that, before he left Atlantis, Merlin ASKED Morgan to change his name, or remember him by some other name, in order to prevent humans from making the connection between Moros>Myrrdin>Merlin. You can get Merlin from Myrrdin, but maybe not Moros.

It could have all been a way to protect the location of the Grail, or even to find him, just in case the Grail was needed.

My theory: Merlin advised Morgan to tell people he was Moros, not Myrrdin. Myrrdin created the Grail. Myrrdin was who people were supposed to find. But if she said Moros was the "true" creator of the Grail, she could tell whoever bumbled into the Grail quest to go pursue a DIFFERENT path, one leading to a dead end because Moros didn't "exist" anymore. By treating each "identity" of Merlin as a different person, Morgan can protect him, and the Grail he either finished, or was in the process of finishing.

Only someone smart enough, having the "proof of knowledge" (and the time to look all the stuff up) and knowing where to look for it (the Camelot Library, mythology on their own world), combined with the determination and the dedication to even look for it, could have made the connection that Moros=Myrrdin=Merlin AND KEPT GOING. That person would be able to figure out where the Grail is and be worthy of finding it.

Because Daniel already knew that Merlin and Myrrdin was the same person, and he knew exactly what Merlin looked like through the various holograms and depictions of him in books, (not to mention that he took the time to actually find the holograms themselves), as soon as he saw Moros, he knew he was Merlin. The three identities were the same person. When she knew he knew, Morgan dropped the charade.

That's my theory.

Comment

Working...
                            X