This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merlin's name.... Spoilers for Pegasus Project

I just thought of something... in The Pegasus Project they stated that Moros, the last head council leader of Atlantis, was one in the same as Myrddin.

Daniel, then makes an off-handed comment to Vala about how a word can change over time. I'm assuming he meant the word Moros -> Myrddin -> Merlin.

However that can't be because in Avalon pt 1, we only find out about the name Myrddin from a log of the names of the Ancients who left the planet when it was under siege from the Wraith and returned to Earth.

So why would the head council leader of Atlantis whose name is Moros... change his name on the log to Myrddin right before he left? Obviously if it was in this guys lifetime... the word would not change so rapidly.

Did I miss something... or am I just looking too hard?

Ace
    "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

That's a plot hole alright.

Maybe his name was Moros Myrddin. What, can't alien characters have a last name anymore?

Comment

Maybe he changed his name. A lot of wannabe actors do that.
      Or it was a cognomen (sort of a nickname).
      School is overrated.

Comment

Um, the treasure they found in Avalon was Post-Atlantis, put there by Merlin or one of his guys after returning from Atlantis.

The original manifest may have just been written normally and what was in the cavern was a later version. After all, Moros was the third last Lantean to leave Atlantis.

So no plothole there.

Atlantis = Moros

Earth Pre Ascension = Myrddin

Earth Post Ascension = Merlin

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
          Um, the treasure they found in Avalon was Post-Atlantis, put there by Merlin or one of his guys after returning from Atlantis.

The original manifest may have just been written normally and what was in the cavern was a later version. After all, Moros was the third last Lantean to leave Atlantis.

So no plothole there.

Atlantis = Moros

Earth Pre Ascension = Myrddin

Earth Post Ascension = Merlin
          No, the Atlantis database said his name was Myrddin.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
            No, the Atlantis database said his name was Myrddin.
            Um, no, Morgan clearly said "Moros, last Head of the Council of Atlantis" or some such thing. But she said Moros, linking him to who we already thought was him (In an SGA episode)

And even if she had said "Myrddin", which she didn't, she was after all, an ascended being posing.

But that's irrelevant, because she said "Moros"
            Last edited by Sauron18; 29 July 2006, 06:12 PM.

Comment

big plot hole there. daniel was watching the list of names from the atlantis database sent back. it showed myrddin not moros or merlin.
              A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

again plot hole. the database i mentioned above showed myrddin while morgan said moros. PLOT HOLE SON
                A CORNERED FOX IS MORE DANGEROUS THAN A JACKAL!

Comment

Originally posted by GreyFox
                  again plot hole. the database i mentioned above showed myrddin while morgan said moros. PLOT HOLE SON
                  What do you mean "showed Myrddin"?? Was it written somewhere?

Or do you mean the one in Avalon? Because that one could very well have been re-written overtime

Meh, either way, it doesn't really matter that much, at least not enough to be a plot hole, there are really a lot of explanations.
                  Last edited by Sauron18; 29 July 2006, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Yes, the name Myrddin was written in the Atlantis database.

Comment

I assume you mean in Origin or one of those episodes?? Either way, it's not really a plot hole

Comment

It was in Avalon Part 1

And it is a plot hole, just not a very big one.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                          It was in Avalon Part 1

And it is a plot hole, just not a very big one.
                          Ah found it! I know what you mean

But, it's still not a really plothole, people do have more than 1 name a time.

Comment

Yeah... I thought as much! Not a big deal though, I can let a small plot hole like that go by...

Ace
                            "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Ok I'm going to put my little theory in. I could be wrong but what the hey. If you remember Morgan was not a hollogram but speaking in real time. She probably knew him as Moros. Or lied so that they wouldnt get the connection.(Not such an easy task when dealing with daniel) Remember ancients talk in riddles and code and all that. I'm thinkin Myrdin was his name but when he got to earth he just told them that his name was Merlin.

Comment

Working...
                              X