Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Pegasus Project" plot device question (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Pegasus Project" plot device question (Spoilers)

I think I missed something.

I've done a quick scan and search, just want to be sure I understand...

Spoiler:
    So these two "regular" Stargates used in "Pegasus Project" are...
    --one from the Milky Way, apparently stolen by Ba'al and confiscated by the SGC;
    --and one from the Pegasus galaxy
    ----that was just floating around somewhere in space,
    ----or that the Atlantis team found on an uninhabited planet?

<edited to correct spoiler format>
    Last edited by Gilder; 30 July 2006, 08:46 AM.
    Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

To do spoiler space you use [ ] and without spaces type the word spoiler inside and when you are finished spoilering do the [] again and put inside /spoiler.

As these posts follow each other one must scroll past the rest of the text.

Suse
    still learning herself

Originally posted by Gilder
    I think I missed something.

sigpic
    Mourning Sanctuary.
    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I think both gates were from the Milky Way, and Odyssey brought one to Pegasus.

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
      My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

Comment

Spoiler:
        Actually, both appeared to be from the Milky Way
        When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
        Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman
          Spoiler:
          Actually, both appeared to be from the Milky Way
          They were - and it makes sense. The only stargate in Pegasus which is capable of dialling another galaxy is the Atlantis stargate. The other stargates in Pegasus would require the special dialling crystal in order to do this [see "Home"].

Norbe.
          If at first you don't succeed.... try a bigger thermo-nuclear reaction

Comment

Actually, it is just the DHD that requires the special crystal. All you need is the right program, and enough power and any 'Gate can dial Pegasus/MW
            When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
            Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman
              Actually, it is just the DHD that requires the special crystal. All you need is the right program, and enough power and any 'Gate can dial Pegasus/MW
              Then what was the special dialing crystal that Mitchell mentioned having used for?

Comment

Originally posted by Gateboy13
                Then what was the special dialing crystal that Mitchell mentioned having used for?
                They do need a specail crystal to dial another galaxy to alow for the extra chevron to be activated. We used a specail crystal (stated by Gateboy13) to dial Teal'c's gate in our galaxy. Mckay brought that part up in the opening scene.

Comment

How many stargates do we need to

Spoiler:
                  build the intergalactic bridge?
                  You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

What's puzzling my noddle is
                      Spoiler:
                      what if the wormhole was the other way around, from the Supergate to the stargate. What would happen to, lets say, an Ori ship entering the Supergate???
                      Drahc
                      "In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad move."

Comment

Originally posted by Drahc42
                        What's puzzling my noddle is
                        Spoiler:
                        what if the wormhole was the other way around, from the Supergate to the stargate. What would happen to, lets say, an Ori ship entering the Supergate???
                        I don't think a normal-sized gate could handle that kind of power without exploding. I don't think they could have "jumped" the wormhole from the Supergate to a regular gate.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

We do not know how to jump the hole from its starting position. In other words, we can onloy jump the wormhole from a destination gate to another gate. Not the other way round.

Comment

Working...
                          X