Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exactly JUNIOR, however I have tried explaining that being ascended gives you a more advanced knowledge and power of the universe than non ascended beings like the Wraith and us

Comment

Originally posted by WraithWarrior
      Good points suppose have some green

And Im sorry for what I put, it was just that I hadnt watched the eps in a while and I was quite tired
      Look into my eyes.......you are getting very sleepy........you are getting verwy sleeeeepy.....you are getting v *thump*

ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz

Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
      Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Freekzilla
        Look into my eyes.......you are getting very sleepy........you are getting verwy sleeeeepy.....you are getting v *thump*

ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz

Its ok now, Im awake and kicking

Comment

Exactly JUNIOR, however I have tried explaining that being ascended gives you a more advanced knowledge and power of the universe than non ascended beings like the Wraith and us
          There are more indications that the level of technology that the Ori have given their followers is what they had pre-ascension that tech they came up with after ascending.

The rings, the stunners, the staffs, the texture of the ships, it is all very similar to the Ancient technology of MW, though quite a lot more advanced. This makes sense, since the Ori didn't have to rebuild their society, therefore they had more time to advance.

However they did ascend, and hence their tech stopped there, which is also why the last incarnation of these races, the Lantians, had more advanced technology than either.

Comment

Like there is any question the ori would wipe the wrath from existance. we can barely even stand a fight with thier ships. the wrath would be fodder...

Comment

Originally posted by Darkdreams
              Like there is any question the ori would wipe the wrath from existance. we can barely even stand a fight with thier ships. the wrath would be fodder...
              They are Wraith, not "wrath", and they are better than us, they would put up a much better fight, there's no question about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                They are Wraith, not "wrath", and they are better than us, they would put up a much better fight, there's no question about that.
                Yes they'd put up a much better fight than us but not good enough cuz the Wraith would be destroyed

Comment

Yes they'd put up a much better fight than us but not good enough cuz the Wraith would be destroyed
                  Its possible and probable, but not certain.

Comment

Originally posted by Sauron18
                    Its possible and probable, but not certain.
                    Well it's hard to get your ass kicked more than we did.

Comment

Originally posted by tobi
                      Well it's hard to get your ass kicked more than we did.
                      it is

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                        if they do know of atlantis and how powerful it is yet still aren't bothering to go there that says to me they don't consider it a threat. Meaning anything Atlantis can dish out to them they can counter, scarey thought as most people see Atlantis as our only hope.
                        I think the Ori-Ancient split came before Atlantis was in Pegasus. Ok, the timeline of events went like this:

Spoiler:

1.) Several Million years ago - A great plague broke out and started killing the
                        Ancients.
                        2.) Several Million years ago - Ancients leave with Atlantis for Pegasus.
                        (Ayiana left behind at antartic gate)
                        3.) ~10105 years ago - Wraith War erupts
                        4.) unknown - The nanite virus talked about in SGA "Hot Zone" appears.
                        5.) unknown - The Asurans evolve from the nanites that were created by the
                        Ancients to attack the wraith at the cellular level.
                        6.) unknown - Atlantis is submerged.
                        7.) 10,000 years ago - The Lanteans flee to earth through gate.

So this is what we know. The great plague that cause Atlantis to leave for Pegasus was not created by the Wraith or the Asurans. This suggests that the Ori may have caused the plague. The similarities between that plague and the one that the Ori tried to use against us more recently in uncanny. This also falls in line because Orlin had knowledge of the plague and was able to help research it. He just couldn't remember everything after descending. Now, the Ori didn't know about people in the Milky Way. Was it because they split off from the ancients before the ancients came here, or because they thought everyone was dead in the MW? It's not likely that they knew about Atlantis and the Pegasus galaxy before they encountered us. If they did, why aren't Prior being sent there as well? If they did know, but didn't send Priors could it be because of the threat the Wraith could impose to them? Or could it be that they think Pegasus would be more difficult to conquer with the Wraith and the Ancients being there. So I think it's more likely the Ancient -Ori split happened before the Ancients left with Atlantis for the Pegasus galaxy and that the Ori were exiled to another galaxy when the split happened. That would explain why no priors are being sent to the Pegasus galaxy, and the Ori are more intent on taking this galaxy. It is where the Ascended Ancients seem to reside after all. And that is their ultimate goal, to destroy the Ascended Ancients. The ultimate reason for such a Ori exile could have been the creation of the plague that nearly killed the Ancients, or it could have been a revenge attack for exiling them. What we don't know is, were the Ori already ascended and it was the ascended Ancients that exiled them, or was it that the Ori were exiled and then ascended. We do know that the Ancients were researching Ascention. If this research was going on before the split, then the Ori would have some knowledge of it and could have completed the research on their own. I'm leaning more towards them ascending after they were exiled. That would explain why the Ori had a history before the ascention and why they try to hide it from their followers. This also brings up the question about the Great Alliance between the 4 races. Could it be that the Ori was the enemy that the Alliance faced? If it was, then they were defeated by the alliance. That would mean the tech that the alliance had was at least equal if not greater than that of the Ori. Now, we know that the Asgard have advanced since that time. If Ancient tech is still more powerful than Asgard tech is now, then I think that the Ancient tech we find would still be usedful against the Ori. It may not be as effective as it was, as was the case with the Wraith, but still may prove usefull. So, could it be that the Ancients defeated the Ori and exiled them and then the Wraith defeated the Ancients exiling them back to earth? That would put the Wraith on top of the pecking order and the Ori behind the Ancients in total power. I don't think that is the case though. The Ori have clearly made some advancements. Had the ancients been ready to fight the Wraith, they might have won. So the question is, with the current level of tech, would the Ancients or the Wraith be able to stop the Ori? And have the Ori advanced enough to overcome either one? I think the Ori would win against the Wraith hands down. I also think they'd probably beat the current Ancient tech. I do however think that either the Wraith or the Ancient tech pose a far more serious threat to the Ori than any other group.

What do you guys think? I've got to stop thinking for a few minutes, thinking this hard is giving me a head ache.
                        Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                        Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Working...
                        X