What episodes feature the scenes
    where you feel that
    Amanda Tapping's
    wonderful acting talents
    get to shine?

(without reference or consideration
    for hair or clothing styles...
    or ship or such... )

Please note that you can vote for several episodes when you cast your ballot,
    but once you hit submit, it won't let you come back and vote again.

You can vote in the poll, and then post your comments in this thread.
    Comments and discussion may also overlap into the Sam's A Great Character Thread.

Pics that capture your favorite AT acting scene are greatly appreciated too!
    (A picture is worth a thousand words...)

If you want a reminder of what each episode was about... Season 7 Episode Summaries

The Poll

-------

Over the years, we've discussed which episodes (and scenes) were the best, or most important, for the Stargate characters. We've run 'Best Episode' Polls for each season and such.

However, when trying to decide which episode was the best of a season for a certain character, such as Sam, one of the issues that fans have wrestled with is... whether to pick the episode which features the most/best AT on screen, or the episode which features the best Sam Carter scenes. Examples include Entity (which had some wonderful AT acting scenes, but she wasn't playing Sam Carter, as much as she was playing/acting an alien entity). Another example would be an episode with lots of RepliCarter, or Geek!Sam, where again, these are wonderful AT acting scenes, a wonderful look at AT acting out-of-the-regular-confines of the character of 'our' Sam Carter.

So, we've already done the 'Best Sam Carter' Episodes of each season (polls were done last year on the GW forum, and informal polls were also conducted again recently on the Sam's A Great Character Thread), and many have recommended that we should do some 'Best AT Acting Polls'... so here we go

The Poll

---------

Results of Season 6 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 5 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 4 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 3 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 2 Poll + posted comments
    Results of Season 1 Poll + posted comments
    Fallen
    3.22%
    Homecoming
    1.93%
    Fragile Balance
    1.29%
    Orpheus
    0.32%
    Revisions
    1.29%
    Lifeboat
    0.32%
    Enemy Mine
    0.64%
    Space Race
    9.32%
    Avenger 2.0
    6.43%
    Birthright
    1.93%
    Evolution, Parts 1 & 2
    5.79%
    Grace
    17.04%
    Fallout
    0.96%
    Chimera
    3.22%
    Death Knell
    14.47%
    Heroes, Parts 1 & 2
    15.11%
    Resurrection
    2.25%
    Inauguration
    0.00%
    Lost City, Parts 1 & 2
    14.47%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by astrogeologist; 27 July 2006, 10:24 PM.

i voted for grace and heroes. i thought AT was great in those.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Lost City, Parts 1 & 2
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

You put Enemy Mine up as a joke, right?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hum, I voted for Grace. And forgot to vote for my others fave who are Space Race, Death Knell and Heroes.
          But Grace stands out

Comment

I voted for Grace, Enemy Mine (no teasing me, Uber--it sets things up for Space Race), Space Race, Heroes1 and 2, and Lost City 1 and 2. I couldn't vote for Chimera. I know it will be replayed on SciFi soon (since Grace was on today), and I doubt I'll even be able to watch it again.

Comment

Space Race: - Good to see Sam have fun and AT showed the fun side of Carter well

Grace: - AT's best episode of Season 7, great look of confusion and tiredness

Death Knell: - Rivals Grace in acting stakes.

Heroes: - Part II more then anything, feeling the loss of a close friend and the way AT protrayed the strong soldier who had to grieve.

Comment

Wow...this is the hardest one...season 7 is a real good one for Sam/Amanda.
                I found it really hard to choose but I would have to say that I love Grace and Heroes the most with Death Knell coming in a close second. Then I like Space Race, Avenger 2.0, Evolution, Ressurection, and Lost City...I really can't seperate them...they're all great!!
                "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I voted for "Grace", "Death Knell" and "Heroes".

Comment

Okay I voted for 5 episodes, except 3 had 2 parts,

I chose, Evolution parts 1&2, I like how it showed Sam in charge of her part of the mission, since her team was mostly made up of aliens, including Sam's father. I like how AT played the last part with Sam and Jacob, how she could admit to Jacob that everything hurt and the smile she gave him.

Grace,, was all AT, the way she played having a concussion, you could feel her pain and her inability to stay awake and her confusion. Again the scene with Jacob was great with Sam letting go a bit and being able to cry.

Death Knell,, what can I say, AT carried that whole episode with little dialogue and yet you knew exactly how she felt, alone and still trying to make it, and then her desperation as the last bit of hope died out and Sam's giving up, only to be surprised by O'Neill's and Teal'c's timely 'back-up', and boy did I feel the exhaustion Sam felt at the end of the scene

Heroes parts 1&2, as most people voted for this episode, it was the scene of Janet's memorial, that I think Amanda gave her all, (most likely bringing most of us watching to tears )

Lost City parts 1&2, though probably considered a very 'shippy' episode, Amanda let us see how much Jack means to Sam, I think not only in a 'shippy' sense, but as a friend and commanding officer. You could see Sam's guilt, for not being the one to stick her head in the device, and awkwardness in going to speak to Jack, and try to tell him how she feels.

Even though S7, wasn't considered a 'great' Sam season, it certainly did have its moments for Amanda to sink her teeth into
                    sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Space Race - Amanda did a wonderful job with Sam's seldom seen wild side, especially the way she jumped at the chance to take part in the Loop without even pausing to ask Hammond's permission before agreeing. Amanda captured Sam's excitement, her grace under pressure and her interaction with Warrick was nicely handled.

Grace - I find that, as a rule, episodes centering almost entirely on one character, isolated with a problem to solve and reflecting on their life, fall into one of two categories; amazing or dull. "Grace" was definitely a case of the former. Amanda did a fabulous job handling Sam's coping with her injury, combined with sleep deprivation and the effects of her isolation as well as Sam's determination to rescue herself and the Prometheus crew and her unwillingness to give up until they were safely aboard the ship. The interactions between Sam and her hallucinations were exceptionally well acted.

Death Knell - A wonderful episode, one of my favourites. Amanda's portrayal of a weary soldier, badly injured and running almost entirely on pure adrenaline was perfect. Combined with the scene where Sam hotwires the missile on the UAV - I especially like that, after Sam mistakenly thought that the Super Soldier had been killed, there wasn't any celebration on her part, just exhaustion and relief - and the moments between Sam and Jack and between Sam and Jacob both at the beginning and the end, "Death Knell" makes for an amazing acting job on Amanda's part.

Heroes, Parts 1 and 2 - Another great acting job by Amanda - and there are certainly no shortage of them, in this or any other season - from the light-hearted scenes of Sam's interview with Bregman, to the angsty scenes over Janet's death. I have yet to be able to watch Sam's tribute to Janet without crying. Beautifully done.

The Lost City, Parts 1 and 2 - I really enjoyed this episode. Sam's guilt over not being the one to stick her head in the Ancient device, her awkwardness when she went to speak to Jack and her pain at the thought of losing him were very well portrayed.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

My choices:

Grace -- What an incredible AT episode this is! I never get tired of watching it. If somebody unfamiliar with AT asked me to recommend an episode to watch in order to see what the big deal about AT was, this is the one I'd choose. She's powerful in Grace.....

Death Knell -- Soldier Sam at her best as a survivor: perseverance, strength, determination....(I have to say, though, that personally speaking, my favorite scene was the one with Jack at the end....)

Heroes -- AT was so great in this episode....Sam's grief at losing her best friend yet having to keep up the soldier aspect of her life was beautifully balanced by AT. I especially loved her scene with Teal'c as she struggled putting something together for Janet's funeral---I love AT's scenes with CJ: so much depth with a minimum of words. The memorial scene was perfect in every way. You knew Sam's heart was broken, yet she honored Janet not only as a friend, but as a fellow-soldier, too....

Lost City -- I love AT in this one, but I think my favorite scenes are the ones that begin with Jack telling Sam to take charge and end with her angst at having to leave Jack there with no way to get him home. Sam goes through so many emotions throughout this whole episode---AT never hits a false note....

Hey, where's Replicarterje? I miss her posts.....

Comment

Originally posted by SimilarCadence
                          My choices:

Grace -- What an incredible AT episode this is! I never get tired of watching it. If somebody unfamiliar with AT asked me to recommend an episode to watch in order to see what the big deal about AT was, this is the one I'd choose. She's powerful in Grace.....

Death Knell -- Soldier Sam at her best as a survivor: perseverance, strength, determination....(I have to say, though, that personally speaking, my favorite scene was the one with Jack at the end....)

Heroes -- AT was so great in this episode....Sam's grief at losing her best friend yet having to keep up the soldier aspect of her life was beautifully balanced by AT. I especially loved her scene with Teal'c as she struggled putting something together for Janet's funeral---I love AT's scenes with CJ: so much depth with a minimum of words. The memorial scene was perfect in every way. You knew Sam's heart was broken, yet she honored Janet not only as a friend, but as a fellow-soldier, too....

Lost City -- I love AT in this one, but I think my favorite scenes are the ones that begin with Jack telling Sam to take charge and end with her angst at having to leave Jack there with no way to get him home. Sam goes through so many emotions throughout this whole episode---AT never hits a false note....

Hey, where's Replicarterje? I miss her posts.....
                          Hey hey...give a girl some time will you... I am still thinking about it... This season is waaay to hard for me.If I could I would choose them all. But I will post here certainly this week maybe even today!
                          And after reading everyones post this does not make it easier
                          Ooh AT is so talented

Comment

Grace earned her another acting award and rightly so. She was so believable in this. The scene with her father was brilliant. The changing emotion in her face as he made her confront her hidden self was amazing.

Evolution shows what we all want more of - Sam in charge and getting the job done. Amanda demonstrates Sam's leadership potential.

Death Knell gave AT the opportunity to show true grit and realism in the field under combat. Kudos to a woman warrior!

Lost City offered more marvelous moments for Amanda's talent. Such a comfortable feel to her acting ... so natural, never forced.

Comment

My picks: Space Race, Birthright, and LC 1 & 2.

Comment

Working...
                              X