This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ways to get to ATLANTIS..

WEll, somehow the Atlantis team is stranded in another galaxy having all kinds of technology in their possesion and cant get back. Now I know that if the two teams Visited Atlantis the show would be basically over, but if for some other reason EARTH wanted to visit them for Groundhog Day or something how would they do that?

Any thoughts?
    http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7...itebeam6aw.gif

Originally posted by anubis3355
    WEll, somehow the Atlantis team is stranded in another galaxy having all kinds of technology in their possesion and cant get back. Now I know that if the two teams Visited Atlantis the show would be basically over, but if for some other reason EARTH wanted to visit them for Groundhog Day or something how would they do that?

Any thoughts?
    They couldn't.
    Rocky

Comment

anything is posible, well the tv show cant because they would loose lots of money $$$, but the Tau'ri CAN maybe if they asked a favor of the asgard or something im just asking what is some posibility of getting there.
      http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7...itebeam6aw.gif

Comment

Spolier
        Home

Atlanis' team figure out a way to dial Eath using the power from a planets atmosphere and send a small team back.
        Last edited by waz; 09 August 2004, 05:52 AM.
        Wier: Nice work Rodney!
        McKay: Did you ever doubt me?
        Wier: Yes, several times....
        [Stargate: ATLANTIS: Episode- 'The Eye' (1x11)]

Comment

"HOME" SPOILERS

It's been said that that's a parallel reality or something along those lines. Also, when giving a spoiler warning, you really need to say for what episode, otherwise, what's the point?
          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
            "HOME" SPOILERS

It's been said that that's a parallel reality or something along those lines. Also, when giving a spoiler warning, you really need to say for what episode, otherwise, what's the point?

As to the spoilers, you need to say what episode. I didn't bother reading because there was no warning of which episode!
            __

__

Comment

Sorry, I'm a newb. Will say which ep from now on
              Wier: Nice work Rodney!
              McKay: Did you ever doubt me?
              Wier: Yes, several times....
              [Stargate: ATLANTIS: Episode- 'The Eye' (1x11)]

Comment

Originally posted by waz
                Spolier
                Home

Atlanis' team figure out a way to dial Eath using the power from a planets atmosphere and send a small team back.
                It'll be interesting to see how that plays out if that is the case. The producers said they wanted to avoid all possibilities of running into scenarios where one show just calls up the other show for help....so if they really do dial home, even for a limited time, i'd think they'd make it a parallel universe.
                Thanks!
                Jordan

my page
                My LJ
                From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I think it's reasonably safe that until SG-1 is firmly off the air, Atlantis will be cut off from Earth. Altough it might be interesting to do a pair of crossover episodes that tie in together, similar to what Buffy and Angel did during Angel's first season.

However I think that at some time it would be to the shows advantage to open up communications with Earth again. Maybe limiting to once a month (or whatever) because they don't have infinite amount of power. But that's not a viable option until SG1 is off the air given the what the people behind the series have been saying.

Comment

I still think it would be neat to have some random off-hand coment on eaither show regarding comunitactions between. I've said this earlier but the SGC now knows how much power it takes to gate to Altantis so they would know how many naquada generators they would need. I simply do not belive that the SGC will just sit back and wait for SGA to call home, and intread would dial out at regualy schedule times to send supplies though and give SGA a chance to transmitt any info back. All they would have to do is set up a wireless router in the gate room (making the gate room a hot spot) and then when ever they are talking with SGA on the radio frequency, they Wi-Fi frequency will be busy with all of the computer traffice.

That would give that router one heck of a "range"
                    Adam:"I reject your reality and subisute myown."

O'Neill:
                    "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"

Carter:
                    "It took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth."

CARTER: You made [this]?
                    ORLIN: You wouldn't believe the things you could make from the common simple idems lying around your planet. Which reminds me...you're going to need a new microwave.

Weir: You destroyed 3/4 of a solar system!
                    McKay: Actually 5/6, its not an extact science.

Slashdot:
                    "Well railguns are neat and all, but I'm still not joining the Army until they invent the respawn point."

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                      As to the spoilers, you need to say what episode. I didn't bother reading because there was no warning of which episode!
                      I'm not sure if you were talking to me or not, but I did put the episode name in my spoiler warning.
                      Rocky

Comment

Well, one thing they could do to open up communications with Atlantis would be for SG-1 to find a ZPM. That would mean they could dial Atlantis again, but nobody from Atlantis could come home.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                          Well, one thing they could do to open up communications with Atlantis would be for SG-1 to find a ZPM. That would mean they could dial Atlantis again, but nobody from Atlantis could come home.
                          exactly. all both sides need to do is get thier hands on some fully charged ZPM's and they can gate back and forth
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by anubis3355

Any thoughts?
                            I'd probably take a train.

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
                              I'd probably take a train.
                              Yeah, some type of public transport so you could have a few drinks there and not worry about driving home
                              THOR: It was your stupid idea Major Carter.

Comment

Working...
                              X