Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are we attacking the Ori ships in space?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are we attacking the Ori ships in space?

I mean, they cannot do anything to us in space, they cannot kill us, they cannot convert anyone, if we simply move away!

And then when they drop their shields to land and set followers on land, we can beam a nuke/lots of C4/shoot the ventral hyperdrive

So that's solved, next problem!

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor
    I mean, they cannot do anything to us in space, they cannot kill us, they cannot convert anyone, if we simply move away!

And then when they drop their shields to land and set followers on land, we can beam a nuke/lots of C4/shoot the ventral hyperdrive

I'm not sure if the producers want to give the Ori a weakness just yet. They'll wait until the last moment when everything seems hopeless.

Comment

i thought the ori ships had a weakness, that when an energy shot from a ship hits the shield it flutuates enough to ring aboard anything
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one
        i thought the ori ships had a weakness, that when an energy shot from a ship hits the shield it flutuates enough to ring aboard anything
        Yeah....and we all saw how good of a weakness that was.
        McKay:...ZedPM
        O'Neill: Zed?
        Jackson: He's Canadian
        O'Neill: I'm sorry

Comment

Yes, now lets look at the idiot thinking behind your masterplan!

Instead of fighting, possibly finding a way to beat the Ori ships, we sit on our collective asses and watch as MORE and MORE Ori ships come through...so say, three Earth ships verses 12 Ori ships...GREAT PLAN.

A couple of ORI ships land on the planet...while the Other Ori ships sit in orbit and shoot ur grey arsed ships outta the sky/in space when you try to get near....smart thinking.....

They could start bombarding the planets from space instead - then what?

Yea! Problem solved alright.
          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Not to mention the innocent lives that would be lost on the planet surface.

Comment

Because TPTB want to kill off more of our ships as they come off of the assembly line or into our possession.
              Last edited by freyr's mother; 25 July 2006, 05:06 AM.

Best Stargate quote:
              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
              Green is your friend.

Comment

Well... it's already been said, but basically the Ori likely won't land all their ships at once and there'll be at least one in orbit protecting them. Plus, the one that landed on Chulak landed right on top of the a city, and I doubt many people would think it's a good idea for us to start blowing up our own allies.

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
                My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

Comment

There's suggestion that the Ori are invading other Galaxies already, in spoilers. So from that we can infer that the Milkyway is not the only Galaxy currently being invaded. Thus far the four Ori ships are all that are present in the Milkyway, and they sure do not appear to be encountering any 'resistence.' If the Allies start blowing Ori ships up, the Ori will just send more. But for the time being, the four that are already here are more then sufficient, and with news of their invincibility and incredible assualts spreading throughout the Milkyway, the Ori have a super psychological weapon working in their favor! Jaffa and other worlds may all of a suddenly give into despair, throw up their arms and say "we give in! Hallowed are the Ori!"

Get the picture?

Comment

I'd say we could just fly around those ships in orbit, they don't have infinite range..

Just drop out of hyperspace on the other side of the planet and fly through the atmosphere, it looks like our ships are alot faster than those toilets...

As for blowing stuff up I don't think a bunch of C4 causes that much collateral damage...

Comment

I'd say we could just fly around those ships in orbit, they don't have infinite range..

Just drop out of hyperspace on the other side of the planet and fly through the atmosphere, it looks like our ships are alot faster than those toilets...

As for blowing stuff up I don't think a bunch of C4 causes that much collateral damage...
                      Well it has done in the past ot various Gou'ald Motherships alot of Collateral Damage
                      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

C4 on it's own might not, it would be the ships fuel/power core blowing that would cause the really big bang. But of course, using C4 means getting onboard the Ori ships.

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
                        My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

Comment

but they landed in the middle of a city. if we blew it up the city would be destroyed. and everyone in it.
                          Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPower
                            I'm not sure if the producers want to give the Ori a weakness just yet. They'll wait until the last moment when everything seems hopeless.
                            I have to agree with you here. TPTB wouldn't want to declaw the Ori so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran
                              but they landed in the middle of a city. if we blew it up the city would be destroyed. and everyone in it.
                              Versus everyone, period, if the Ori win.

Want to see some shameless advertising? I think you do.
                              MySpace
                              My fiction portfolio-type thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X