Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Destroying the super gate (spoilers for s10)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destroying the super gate (spoilers for s10)

I am not sure if these possiblities have been explain on show or disuccsed in anyother forum, but, couldn't:

1. The Asguard just beam the super gate into a Star??

2. A ship tow the super gate into a star??

3. Make a big enough explosion to make the wormhole jump to a different gate??

Maybe?
    Enter the Fargate...to steal intergalatic cable!

Spoilers for S10

Spoiler:
    I think they are going with nr. 3 in episode 3 of SG1, or a later one

Comment

Doesn't really matter what we do with the SuperGate. The Ori will just manage to open another one soon enough.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

ok, i wonder, have they covered this? in all thier 'how to destroy the gate' talk, i'm guessing that blowing it up isn't quite practical.

so how about moving it?

move it so that it opens up into a sun or into a black hole.

and if the gate survives either of those cosmic powers, it might make the exit from the gate kinda dangerous and ori ships could get creamed as they exit it

or have the already shut down this plot hole?
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Nice idea moving it and making the exit a certain death. Why not crush it into a sun?! Not just place it near a sun.
          I wonder if the elements can be separated or put some big objects between the elements that would prevent it from functioning.
          Or is it possible to disintegrate one element (at least one) using an unstable wormhole. What do I mean is bring a stargate close enough one element of the Origate and began dialing in multiple times until the element is damaged beyond repair.
          Or we could remove all the crystal controls of every element.
          Or (and here it comes the weirdest idea of all):
          The replicators would have ate the gate like termites, but they are gone and it's not a smart thing to do only if we could make a less harmful version with a program to replicate themselves at a certain number and then an autodistruct will kick in or the autodistruct will be triggered at a certain time or when we feel it's the time, all these without letting them become sentient as individuals or as a group.
          School is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            ok, i wonder, have they covered this? in all thier 'how to destroy the gate' talk, i'm guessing that blowing it up isn't quite practical.

so how about moving it?

move it so that it opens up into a sun or into a black hole.

and if the gate survives either of those cosmic powers, it might make the exit from the gate kinda dangerous and ori ships could get creamed as they exit it

or have the already shut down this plot hole?
            one probelm how would there get it there i don't think any ship on stargste has tractor beams

Comment

I wonder why they don't destroy the star in the Supergate's solar system? Either have the Asgard do it, or use a conventional stargate dialed into a black hole.
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

grappling hooks? push it? I thought the asgard had tractor beam. if not, rig up some little engine thingies to 'drive' it somewhere.

there has to be a way. if they can't stop the ori ship to ship, then just shut down the gate or destroy it

sigpic

Comment

Even if they do destroy this SuperGate, it is only a very temporary solution. The Ori will just build and open another one, if they haven't already done so.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

true. but slowing them down is better than nothing.

and it would take time and resources to build gate after gate.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      true. but slowing them down is better than nothing.

and it would take time and resources to build gate after gate.
                      Oh, I'm not denying that. I'm all for successfully striking back at them. I just know everything we do at this point is somewhat futile. We haven't even made a dent in the four ships they've sent through so far. It's fun to see our side in such a situation though. It's been a long time.
                      sigpic
                      "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                        Even if they do destroy this SuperGate, it is only a very temporary solution. The Ori will just build and open another one, if they haven't already done so.
                        It seems like Supergates are to galaxies what Stargates are to planets, so I wonder if only one Supergate per galaxy would function (since we know one planet cannot have two gates). So if we can dial the Ori Galaxy (or any other galaxy that might have a Supergate) they wouldn't just be able to make a new one.

It would be cool if the Ori made a Supergate to Pegasus, and we find a way to dial to it from the Milky Way. The MW to PG trip for Daedalus would be cut, and the Ori wouldn't be able to come to either galaxy via Supergate travel. Heck, the Ori ships could probably destroy half the Wraith fleet before we (and an ad hoc allliance of Wraith) find a way to destroy them.

If only I wrote for the show...
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Maybe the Asguard could locate the Supergate's power regulation crystal and then Carter could remove it so the next time it is dialed it would overload and the gate would fail.
                          sigpic

Comment

For all we know they've tried all that.

The point is, the supergate is Ori-constructed, and thus it's invulnerable

Comment

there is bound to be some sort of shield on it. After all the allied ships in camelot fired upon the gate. But they all used energy weapons and the gate does use some sort of energy field to keep it together, hmmm...

Comment

Working...
                              X