Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTERVIEW: Claudia Black (Vala Mal Doran)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INTERVIEW: Claudia Black (Vala Mal Doran)

AUDIO INTERVIEW:
    I, CLAUDIA
    GateWorld talks with Claudia Black

Stargate SG-1's newest cast member sits down to chat with GateWorld about Season Ten, Vala's relationships, and the growth of her character.

READ MORE ...
    Last edited by GateWorld; 18 August 2006, 10:32 PM.

thx for the interview Darren... i think its safe to say that you had a blast while at the same time being professional
    sigpic

Comment

Great interview... as always. Thanks.

I have to say when I heard her say this I just rolled my eyes and asked why do they think most people watch?!? OK why a some people watch, I know others just want action and no commitment but I prefer to have a connection to the characters, and you can't get that if you cut sacrifice the character development scenes.

"CB: Yeah. And this will happen all the time. All the scenes that show development in character are expendable. If they don't move the story forward, unfortunately they also go to God. They've certainly put those opportunities in. And whether at the end of the day, as it pans out in the edit, whether they stay or not is another matter."

*sigh* Still great interview, and I can't wait to actually watch Season 10... someday Australia will show it.

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
        Great interview... as always. Thanks.

I have to say when I heard her say this I just rolled my eyes and asked why do they think most people watch?!? OK why a some people watch, I know others just want action and no commitment but I prefer to have a connection to the characters, and you can't get that if you cut sacrifice the character development scenes.

"CB: Yeah. And this will happen all the time. All the scenes that show development in character are expendable. If they don't move the story forward, unfortunately they also go to God. They've certainly put those opportunities in. And whether at the end of the day, as it pans out in the edit, whether they stay or not is another matter."

*sigh* Still great interview, and I can't wait to actually watch Season 10... someday Australia will show it.
        Unfortunately, SG1 seems to me to be that kind of show. This is not a judgement--it just seems that SG1 is a bit more plot driven vs something like Farscape which sprinkled a lot of those character moments in with the plot stuff, or, often the character moment was the plot stuff.

At any rate, different strokes for different folks.

Thanks for the interview. I loved Claudia's "I heard rumors. I heard some rumors." The woman definitely knows what's been said; this isn't the first time she's alluded to it.

Comment

Wonderful interview!!! Thanks Darren and David!
          T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Thanks for another great interview

I never realised Claudia was that entertaining "exclamation mark" - haha lol
            It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Thank you for this lovely interview guys.
              Love read and hear it

Comment

grate inteview
                sigpic
                Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                Metal gear fan

Comment

Thanks for the great interview guys, well done as usual.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

Wonderful Interview Darren and David.. Claudia has been a favorite of mine since I found Farscape and she always seems to realize all the small nuances of not only her characters but understands there is a big picture as well and is very gracious and humble in taking credit for her part in making that *Big picture* an even better one.

I completely enjoyed her willingness to expound on all of your questions.

I look forward to what she will bring to SG1 as Vala and to any other work she does in the future. Claudia is a joy to watch on screen
                    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Thank you, Mr. Sumner, for this VERY LOVELY gift!!!!

Feels like Christmas in July

Sherry
                      CBOOL #73 1/2 -don't forget the 1/2
                      Keeper of the Aeryn Sun Wardrobe Collection: "May you be blessed with a joyous life"-chickwithgun (CB) to skchwojko 20 Apr 2004
                      http://skchwojko.livejournal.com/
                      http://www.myspace.com/skchwojko

Comment

Thank you very much for this great interview. It was a real treat!

A.
                        VALA - COOL, FUNNY, SEXY, SMART

Comment

I read the transcript but got to listen to the interview today.

You guys did a fantastic job. I am one of those fans who'll watch anything she's done (ok, not Queen of the Damned ) but, other than that...

She has brought an interesting new dynamic to the show. I loved her portrayal of Aeryn on Farscape; she's done so well as Vala, there is no way the two characters ever overlap.

Well done interview. Thank you so much.

Comment

fantastic interview

Vala's growing on me more and more, and it's all thanks to Claudia
                            sigpic
                            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Very interesting interview. She brought up some interesting points.

"Rumors" huh? I'd say so. I hope she knows most aren't directed at her. I'd have loved to hear what she had to say about those rumors. But that was rather cut off by the "Don't pay attention to rumors." Great way to cavalierly dismiss a rather sizable portion of the fan base there. Though it's probably better because there would a bruhaha no matter what she said. Some people will take anything out of context.

Hmmm. And she was offered some type of (undefined) part in the future of the Stargate franchise before they were even renewed. Huh. (No, I don't mean that snidely I just didn't want to overuse "interesting" .)

Especailly in light of other pieces of info (not part of the interview) regarding S10 contracts. (Or perhaps i should say Stargate Command S2 contracts.)

Very informative. Mostly pablum, but with a few snippets that enlighten.

Suse
                              Last edited by suse; 24 July 2006, 07:20 PM.
                              sigpic
                              Mourning Sanctuary.
                              Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                              X