Farscape 0.8
    Twilight Zone 0.8
    The Outer Limits 0.7
    Source: Nielsen Galaxy

AND
    http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...elevisionNews&
    storyID=2006-07-20T043703Z_01_N20321777_RTRIDST_0_TELEVISION-CABLE-DC.XML

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - Sci Fi Channel's new comedy drama "Eureka"
    grabbed more than 4 million viewers during its Tuesday premiere, topping some
    broadcast competition.The hourlong show about a mysterious small town ranked as
    the highest-rated series telecast ever on Sci Fi
    , exceeding veterans
    "Battlestar Galactica" and "Stargate SG-1."

*click on link for rest of article*

From scifi wire:

Eureka Breaks Ratings Record

SCI FI's new original series Eureka garnered the network's highest-ever ratings for a series telecast in its history. The July 18 two-hour premiere got a 3.2 household rating, or more than 4 million viewers. That included 1.9 million aged 25-54 and 1.7 million aged 18-49.

Eureka was the number-one cable program on July 18 in household ratings, in total viewers and in the 25-54 and 18-49 demographics

I think that EUREKA broke SG's records because it's a more accessible show: it's earth-based, much like X-Files was, but with another weirdness to attract the more hardcore sf fan. And it definitely is more character driven.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
      From scifi wire:

Eureka Breaks Ratings Record

SCI FI's new original series Eureka garnered the network's highest-ever ratings for a series telecast in its history. The July 18 two-hour premiere got a 3.2 household rating, or more than 4 million viewers. That included 1.9 million aged 25-54 and 1.7 million aged 18-49.

Eureka was the number-one cable program on July 18 in household ratings, in total viewers and in the 25-54 and 18-49 demographics

I think that EUREKA broke SG's records because it's a more accessible show: it's earth-based, much like X-Files was, but with another weirdness to attract the more hardcore sf fan. And it definitely is more character driven.
      Eureka was very well done, and I enjoyed all the characters (even that bad one in the end. ) Earth-based didn't matter to me. Good writing did. It will be interesting to see how the ratings stand up over time, and I'm hoping it does well.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
        Eureka was very well done, and I enjoyed all the characters (even that bad one in the end. ) Earth-based didn't matter to me. Good writing did. It will be interesting to see how the ratings stand up over time, and I'm hoping it does well.

I agee. I reall liked it and will continue watching.

2004 Get in the Gate Winner

The less often a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.

Comment

I dont think an earth-based show means anything really. STAR TREK. Im happy for Eureka though, its a good show.
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Wow, I have to say I'm really surprised, I didn't expect Eureka to do that well. I really liked it, of course, but usually the shows I like, are not liked by a lot of people.
            My new favorite quote:
            "Fly Lucius, fly"
            -Rodney
            My old favorite:
            "It's...it's like trying to do something...that's impossible..."
            -Dr. Lee

Comment

I'm sure Eureka's ratings will remain good, but not that good.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                I'm sure Eureka's ratings will remain good, but not that good.
                Many shows can have great ratings on the premiere, but then slog down in the quality doesn't keep up, or folks get bored.Still, better than

SG1 - 1.7
                SGA - 1.9

Next few weeks will tell as audiences settle into patterns. Perhaps Scifi should try shuffling their schedule a bit.

Comment

Many shows can have great ratings on the premiere, but then slog down in the quality doesn't keep up, or folks get bored.Still, better than

SG1 - 1.7
                  SGA - 1.9

Next few weeks will tell as audiences settle into patterns. Perhaps Scifi should try shuffling their schedule a bit.

Looks like it is more like 1.5 for SG-1, and not much better for SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                    Looks like it is more like 1.5 for SG-1, and not much better for SGA.
                    sorry! SOLUTIONS site [http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=619] said "Those viewer numbers would translate into Nielsen household ratings of 1.4 for SG-1 and 1.5 for Atlantis based on a conversion of 2.1 households = 2.6 viewers, which was the case in last season’s premiere. Thanks to Java Dog of the Television Without Pity SG-1 forum for the original tip.

Yeah, USA Network is just pounding Scifi into the ground....

Comment

I really enjoyed Eureka...it has A LOT of potential.

I'm shocked SG-1 and Atlantis didn't do well though...the season has been off to an incredible start and just sounds to be getting even better.
                      It feels good to be alive.
                      Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Was a good show, just finished watching it.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

I thought EUREKA was crap... honestly I would not mind if I missed an episode. It was slow and boring. Sure it had some interesting ideas and concepts but overall I found myself trying to watch it and trying to stay awake.

I believe it only got good veiwership because it was on Tuesday... what else is on tuesday?

I think SG-1 and Atlantis (which I never miss) should be moved to either and earlier timeslot or a different day other than the weekend. After Battlestar its 11 pm. Most people do things on Friday night. And what else does scifi aire? Crappy movies like Anaconda vs Python. Everything on SCIFI is forgettable or crap except SG-1, Atlantis, and Battlestar.

It funny how these execs move great shows to crappy timeslots and then complain that they are dropping viewers. I.e Smallville. They are putting it up against freakin Grey's Anatomy and CSI (I might have the wrong spawns, but you get the point). Both are powerhouses.

Whatever, Eureka was boring

Comment

sorry! SOLUTIONS site [http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=619] said "Those viewer numbers would translate into Nielsen household ratings of 1.4 for SG-1 and 1.5 for Atlantis based on a conversion of 2.1 households = 2.6 viewers, which was the case in last season’s premiere. Thanks to Java Dog of the Television Without Pity SG-1 forum for the original tip.

Yeah, USA Network is just pounding Scifi into the ground....
                            ...Am I reading this right? 1.4/ 1.5?! for the priemere? Eek.
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I'm not suprised that Eureka did well, they advertised the premier on all the NBC networks, NBC, Bravo, SciFi, etc, so it really reminded people to watch.

I like it, but the mayor reason that I watched was becuase of the preview of BSG and hey, they won me as a viewer, will keep watching.

As for the SG-1 and SGA, it's sad, I'm really liking and loving S10 and S3, it's a pity for the ratings, but I do think they lost some ratings due to S9, as an online fan, I knew that S10 should a lot of potential, but if you do not follow online fandom, then how do you know what's going to happen... I think SciFi and NBC are going to have to do some more promotions.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                              Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Working...
                              X