• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flesh And Blood (1001)

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE SG-1 - SEASON TEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 1001

As the Ori invade the Jaffa planet Chulak, Vala and Daniel must deal with their leader: Vala's young daughter, rapidly aged by the Ori to serve their purposes.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 09:09 PM.

Well! The season premiere is over and now I'm watching the kick ass battle in SGA. Anyways....

Um... did they forget their plan to dial the supergate first so the Ori cant dial in? If I remember correctly the gate turned off. So shouldnt they activate it? Or do something better then just leave another scout?

Lucian Alliance still is stupid.

Whats her face the kid has creppy eyes.

Not a bad episode really! I'm hopeful of season 10.

I'm the first post! Whoo hoo!

Back to SGA.
    "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

I did not enjoy last season, so I decided if I didn't like this episode I'd stop watching Stargate. Though, the show is looking up a little bit from last season.

At least, the 'One more reason for the males of this galaxy to believe in the Ori' line was funnier than any one-liner from last season.

Also, it looks like the writers are getting back to relying on the wits of the characters instead of just making everything deus ex machina.

And the daughter is much more interesting than I expected her to be. Though I wish Daniel didn't wuss out of shooting her. Maybe he could have shot and the priar stopped the bullet. That would have set the tone 'Daniel is not going to hesitate to do what's necessary to stop the Ori'.

Though, I was confused about Landry's hostility toward Woolsey. Sure, the Antarctica weapon might not work. But it might, so why not try? It seemed to me he was resisting a good idea just because it came from somebody he didn't like. Or so they wouldn't have to spend on the special effects.

That's the one good thing about Battlestar Galactica not being until October. Now, I might actually be able to enjoy Stargate.

Comment

The last scene in the ep was basically saying we're going back to our roots for this season. It looks to be good. Maybe like DS9 during the Domimon war good.
        Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

That was actually very entertaining if you overlook the implausibility of all that convenience beaming, particularly that last one with Daniel and Vala. Why would they drop their shields unless they intended to let them go.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

"This isn't war! This is Pest Control!"

Talk about one sided! Regardless of what Sam said, this is much, much worse than when they first encountered the Goa'uld. Nothing they have thrown at the Ori have mattered in the slightest. They really need to find something, or the Ori are unstoppable.

"You are superior in only one respect... you are better at dying!"
            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Good episode. I see great potential for Season 10 (compared to the crappy 9th season). Cam is getting better and better every episode.
              sigpic

Comment

They had landed you can't land with a shields up. It would be kinda hard. The bubble around the ship and all.
                Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                  That was actually very entertaining if you overlook the implausibility of all that convenience beaming, particularly that last one with Daniel and Vala. Why would they drop their shields unless they intended to let them go.
                  Well, it was on the ground, wasn't it?
                  "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                  "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                  BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
                    And the daughter is much more interesting than I expected her to be. Though I wish Daniel didn't wuss out of shooting her.
                    I second that. Granted the toddler sounded like well, a toddler singing lines but that's to be expected. Other than that she was really fascinating in all her incarnations. I almost wish she didn't have to grow up so quickly.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman
                      Well, it was on the ground, wasn't it?
                      I'm not sure why that matters. It was hovering over the city. Why would they feel the need to lower shields? I know, the battle is irrelevant but there should be a reason for everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                        I second that. Granted the toddler sounded like well, a toddler singing lines but that's to be expected. Other than that she was really fascinating in all her incarnations. I almost wish she didn't have to grow up so quickly.
                        I wish they'd stuck with the Jodelle Ferdland version for a while. That girl is creepy.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bobthespirit
                          That would have set the tone 'Daniel is not going to hesitate to do what's necessary to stop the Ori'.
                          Daniel always hesitates. That's his job, he is the consience of the show.

That said, I thought it was a pretty good way to start the season.

Too bad about Chekov...I rather liked him.

Earth really needs to get better ships. They just keep getting their donkey's kicked.

I rather enjoy Adria. If they keep the character going with a sufficiently voiced gifted actor, I think she'll be a great focal for the season. Hopefully they don't kill her off until the end of the season.

Glad too see Claudia Black finally getting a ring credit, hopefully they'll make her a bit less silly. I like silly, but she needs to be more than a source of consternation for Daniel. She should have a fairly prominent role this season, being the spawner of evil and all that.

Can't wait for next week.
                          Thanks!
                          Jordan

my page
                          My LJ
                          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Okay, I might have missed it, but why couldn't they beam Daniel up before they did? Like, as soon as they found out he was on the ship? And, except for a couple of mentions, didn't seem to be much thought about him. *blatantly ignoring any potential cracks about my interest in having the team concerned about Daniel* Well, Sam did seem happy to hear from him.

Speaking of ships, I still find stories that happen on them to be dull. Booring.

What, did the producers decide that Teal'c hadn't been getting his full share of being captured and tortured?

Kvasir! Saving Sam. Working with Sam. I'm telling you it's love, love baby!

Ugh. Still hate the Ori, hate the whole baby thing. Hate the phrasing. Couldn't Vala's husband (what'shisface) say he wanted to save her instead of her soul? Or just stick to saying they want people to be on the path to enlightenment instead of salvation? And, not say anything is blasphemy? But, it was good to hear them talk about genetically altering Adria, and that she wasn't actually Ori, but created to be as close as possible, and not in their image, but in human's image. And, mentioning the battle between the Ancients, that she thinks the Ori need to destroy people to defend themselves from the Ancients. Plus, having Adria thinking that the Jaffa could be turned to origin, but still wanting to kill them.

Not much stood out. Like I said, ships don't interest me. Ori don't interest and disturb me.

Hopefully next week will have less Ori, and more team together for majority of the episode.
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I tell you what the most amazing thing the difference in character of Cam from this season compared to last. Personally I did not enjoy the manner in which he spoke to Bra'tec. I was thinking to myself that maybe if it was any other person, he would kill him where he stands for saying something like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X