This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The.Prior.of.The.Ori
    i thought that was because they had abused the tech that was given to them to be used for peace only, and then turned it on eachother?
    yes it was. but my point is that ascended beings can kill the lower plain and mess up technology, weather and more. So going to their galaxy and attack 1 of their world just means that we would die

Comment

maybe they werent in a big hurry.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

I'm gonna toss my three cents into the ring..

We know the Orii were the Relgious extreamist that cast out the Ancients and technolegy. So rather than study new techs they worshipped, themselves..
        The Orii had no idea about our Galaxy, as a matter of fact, they probably never traveled outside their galaxy.

Now take into consideration that they werent very advance(idc about their infinite knowledge because if they had it then the Ancients have it and the Ancients would of seen this coming) or not nearly as advanced as theAncients I should say, and the fact that these may of been their first Intergalactic ships, The convoy(convoys seem to move in slower fashions, ensuring unity) and the fact that the ships are HUGE, and possibly require more power to run the ship and not just their hyper drive..

Now look at our hyperdrives, their Asgard, the 2nd biggest Techno Society Ever 30,000 years ago they were using sleeper ships, and now they Have intergalactic ships that work within minutes. The ships are also smaller. We would have the same speed provided we had a better power source(Deadalus taking 4 days to get to Atlantis with ZPM could be due to the fact that it might not be compatible)
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
          I'm gonna toss my three cents into the ring..

We know the Orii were the Relgious extreamist that cast out the Ancients and technolegy. So rather than study new techs they worshipped, themselves..
          The Orii had no idea about our Galaxy, as a matter of fact, they probably never traveled outside their galaxy.
          Actually the show never said that the Ori cast out science completely. They just became more fervent in their religious beliefs instead of science and if you read the spoilers for one of the earlier ep. In this up coming season (I think Morpheus I can't remember exactly which one) you would find out...
          Spoiler:
          that the Ori have already conquered several galaxies (I think it was 6 can't really remember).
          IMO this increases the chances that they did have space travel tech. other than the Stargate at their disposal.

Now take into consideration that they werent very advance(idc about their infinite knowledge because if they had it then the Ancients have it and the Ancients would of seen this coming) or not nearly as advanced as theAncients I should say, and the fact that these may of been their first Intergalactic ships, The convoy(convoys seem to move in slower fashions, ensuring unity) and the fact that the ships are HUGE, and possibly require more power to run the ship and not just their hyper drive..

I think overall the Ori were, and are, close to or just as advanced as the Ancients. They just might not be up to par with the hyper-drive aspect of space travel tech, or as someone already said that the big uber weapon and superior shield power might require them to have a less powerful Hyper-drive than the Ori are capable of supplying the follower of the crusade with.

Comment

Working...
          X