No announcement yet.

'Lost' losing it's touch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it season 2 was much better than the first. It took an entire year to open a hatch. Try my patience please. They need to go more commando and scifi. But can something happen in less than 12 episodes

Comment

It's logical the show would start to drag after the first season. I always thought it was more like mini-series material anyway, but Season one was definitely better plot-wise. Season 2 brought in some cool new characters, but the plot began to drag. And if Season 3 will be the "season of sex" as the producers seem to be hinting it will...then I ain't gonna go into the new season expecting much. How can I enjoy the show if people are gonna be making out every five minutes? EW!

*thanks god for Desperate Housewives* *realizes the irony of that* *shut up*
      TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Season 2 still managed to hold my attention like 1 did, still great stuff. IMO, Desmond is an awesome character. Sure I now dislike Charlie and Michael a lot more these days then I did before but least it was interesting nonetheless. But I admit...the last couple minutes of "Live Together, Die Alone" made me go "Uh...wth was that?"
        sigpic
        "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
        DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

why i think that it's losing it's touch is the variety of writers. sometimes it's good to have a bunch of people contributing to a story, but with Lost, things slip through the cracks because of it. what one writer thought was important one week, another writer forgot to mention the next week. or the best example character-wise is one week Jack is screaming, running around the island like a madman; the next week, he's calm, collected, charming, etc.
          Save us from danger, save us from evil
          Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

I think it's loosing it touch. Season 2 just wasn't like season 1. I still watched it, and enjoyed it, but if I missed an episode I wasn't like "omg! Lost!" I was just like "meh".

I agree with Twiggy about the writers. Lost needs to keep the same group of writers. I think it's kind of like writing a novel, you should only have a few (at most) writers to keep the flow moving at a similar pace. With more than a few contributing writers things get left out, and plot holes occur. We have to wait to season 3 too see if Lost is on a slow decline of quality. Hopefully not though, because I kind of want to see how everything turns out.
            sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
            "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
            My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by RuleBritannia
              I think LOST is losing it's touch by constantly giving us more and more questions but less and less answers
              There's the rub... methinks...
              It asks a lot of the audience but gives very little in return.
              I don't mind the suspense but there needs to be some payoff along the way. Otherwise it's just a tease.
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I think on that one the whole, season 2 was better than season 1. Even though the first season was consistently good, and season 2 produced the shows weakest episodes ('Fire + Water', 'The Whole Truth'), season 2 also had some of the shows best episodes - 'Man of Science, Man of Faith', 'Orientation', 'Lockdown' and 'Live Together, Die Alone.' Basically every episode starting with Lockdown was really good.

I don't understand how people can complain that it's going on for too long and dragging out - it's been two freakin' seasons!

Comment

Hi, I've just finished watching S2 yesterday on AXN (I live in México), and I wouldn't say Lost is loosing its touch. Yes, S2 wasn't as incredible good as S1 but I can't say it was bad. S2 has revealed a little bit more of the mistery, and has created new narrative lines, some of the new characters are amazing (Henry Gale, Mr. Ecko, ¡Desmond!) and there were very good episodes. And we shouldn't forgett to notice that many of us can not wait to watch S3, so S2 reached its goals.

What is true, is that S1 is one of the most amazing productions I've ever seen on TV, and it most be hard to keep that level for other 24 episodes. Lets wait S3 to find more answers and get more excited with this amazingly original story. (Sorry if I wrote something wrong, english isn't my native language)
                  HELLO TO EVERYONE FROM MÉXICO

Comment

Originally posted by Malackara
                    Hi, I've just finished watching S2 yesterday on AXN (I live in México), and I wouldn't say Lost is loosing its touch. Yes, S2 wasn't as incredible good as S1 but I can't say it was bad. S2 has revealed a little bit more of the mistery, and has created new narrative lines, some of the new characters are amazing (Henry Gale, Mr. Ecko, ¡Desmond!) and there were very good episodes. And we shouldn't forgett to notice that many of us can not wait to watch S3, so S2 reached its goals.

What is true, is that S1 is one of the most amazing productions I've ever seen on TV, and it most be hard to keep that level for other 24 episodes. Lets wait S3 to find more answers and get more excited with this amazingly original story. (Sorry if I wrote something wrong, english isn't my native language)
                    HELLO TO EVERYONE FROM MÉXICO
                    On the contrary, your English is very good!

I'm well past having watched the end of season 2, but I never did post in this thread before, so here goes. Do I think Lost is loosing it's touch? **** no! I think people tend to do a lot of comparing between season 1 and season 2, but IMO they're very different, in a good way. When people ask me which season I liked better, I just can't answer, because I liked different things about them. But the suspense was there. Both seasons. And you know that [insert adjective here] habit Lost seems to have of giving an answer, but creating three more questions in its place? That's exactly what makes Lost Lost. You just have to have a little faith that it will all come together in the end. Now, bring on season 3!

Comment

Season 2 came and went without much noise in Australia cuz we get such crap viewing times. Hint to anyone in Aus that watches all these shows, {Mod Snip}. We got every episode of lost in order without a break, much easier viewing, and makes more sense too. But the question is where do they go from here....?
                      Last edited by TameFarrar; 24 August 2006, 04:53 PM.
                      I'll breathe you in....

Comment

Hmmm...Dunno where you are, but in Melbourne, 8:30pm Thursday nights...loads of advertising...*shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by wise one
                          everytime something important happens then they do flashbacks to show suspense then when they get closer to the important thing, they do another flashback and then i think "ok they just making it up now" it sort of killing the show
                          Ummm... of course they "just making it up" cause it's a fictional show... I'm waiting for season 3 to make a final decision, but atm I still think it's loosing it's touch.
                          sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                          "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                          My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

well im here in th UK and we just had Dave on Channel 4 and SOS on E4. so weve allmost finished S2 and I dont think its loosing its touch at all.
                            Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

They are making up Lost as it goesm, the creators have even said that. They change their plans all the time. They had a very basic plan and each season it changes a little bit to what they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo
                                They are making up Lost as it goesm, the creators have even said that. They change their plans all the time. They had a very basic plan and each season it changes a little bit to what they are doing.
                                incorrect.
                                they said they don't introduce a storyline/object/anything without already knowing its conclusion.

Comment

Working...
                                X