'Lost' losing it's touch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Lost' losing it's touch?

What do you think? Is 'Lost' loosing it's touch? I have to admit season 1 was pretty addicting. But there were more and more overwhelming questions and less rational explanations. I've heard that many of the fans have lost interest in the show. Do you guys think the show is still worth watching? Is the season 3 going to be "all that good"? How many more hatches can one small, isolated island hide? Share your predicitions.

No it is not losing it touch AT ALL.
    When I wake up..I think of you Steve.
    I miss you.
    Please...please come back one day.

(Steve the Wraith from Season 1)

Comment

yeah lost is losing its touch i stoped watching it in season 2 episode 3 but i think i will watch them but if i dont like them then i will get rid of them and never watch them again

Comment

I'm only up to "Lockdown" in the second season, but I can definitely say that I remain rivited! Even as some questions are answered, deeper ones are presented, and the possibilities are fascinating.

I'm curious to know why you folks think it is losing its touch? I have a friend who said much the same thing, but his reason was that the "monster" wasn't a twenty foot tall T.rex.

He's kind of shallow, really....
        "I could have sworn that was an aspirin I took this morning...."
        -----

Comment

Originally posted by Maastrichian
          I'm only up to "Lockdown" in the second season, but I can definitely say that I remain rivited! Even as some questions are answered, deeper ones are presented, and the possibilities are fascinating.

I'm curious to know why you folks think it is losing its touch? I have a friend who said much the same thing, but his reason was that the "monster" wasn't a twenty foot tall T.rex.

He's kind of shallow, really....
          yes well i just watched the last episode of season 2 and i think its cr*p now and im not going to watch it anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard
            yes well i just watched the last episode of season 2 and i think its cr*p now and im not going to watch it anymore
            Ah, yes, well, that explains everything....
            "I could have sworn that was an aspirin I took this morning...."
            -----

Comment

k, you have fun down there in australia with your backwards flowing toilets and drains, and your being wrong and we here in normal land will continue to enjoy this amazing show and all the excitement and intrigue it brings.

Lost hasn't lost its touch at all. people just got too cocky and critical and SPOILED

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo
                k, you have fun down there in australia with your backwards flowing toilets and drains, and your being wrong and we here in normal land will continue to enjoy this amazing show and all the excitement and intrigue it brings.

Lost hasn't lost its touch at all. people just got too cocky and critical and SPOILED
                actually i get the episodes before they come out on tv here so i watch a entire season before it is aired here

Comment

I will definetly watch and I am forward to season III. That being said, season II was rather disappointing compared to season I. Was season II bad?, no not really, but IMHO it started to go down hill, hopefully next season will be better.
                  the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                  Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

actually i get the episodes before they come out on tv here so i watch a entire season before it is aired here
                    i was referring to spoiled in the fact that people were treated to such an amazing season the first time around, and couldn't do anything but whine about season 2, when in fact season 2 had just as much, if not more character and plot development as the first season.

Comment

IMO Season two was ten times better than season one and can't wait for season 3 to begin, just too bad Im in the UK and Channel 4 is only on "The Long Con", ahhhh thank god for.... that thing we arent allowed to mention (I still watch them on tv though, im just impatient)
                      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Season two was awesome. Fans who disliked it weren't pleased with what the answers to certian questions were. Simple.

The hatch? The were probaby expecting some portal into another dimension, and just a room full of boxes. Honestly, nothing would have fully satisfied that answer. The writers however did the best thing they could have.

The monster? They were expecting a dinosaur. Crazy fans were taking screenshots of odd scenes from season one and yelling "Look! It's a dino!" All of those pics however were just pictures of cast members standing hear dust particles.

The others? They were expecting either ghost-like beings or radically unhuman people who steal children with habit. LOL, Or pirates. What they got was an answer they still don't fully have, and that pisses them off.

Either way, I watch the show because the writers have stated many times over that the show has a "plan" and it's being followed through. What we got at the end of season two was planed from the pilot. Maybe you shouldn't be watching this show?
                        Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Lost amkes you think, it makes you use your brain, If people who are used to slouching back in their sofa's, with litle pictures & brainless garble being fed to them, then Lost isn't for them...

The show centre's around Mystery, interpretation & suspence, If you're becoming to aggrivated for the answers, which WOULD spoil the entire concept of the show, then by all means Don't bother watching.

The answers aren't going to come to you like 'that'. The producers don't want to give you the correct answer as they 90% do on average shows, they want you to THINK, if that concept is foreign to you, Don't watch.

Plus, Think plausibly, UFO's, Satan, Time Travel aren't sensible ideas...

If you're scared of Plot twists, Lost will be a nightmare for you, what you think are Ghosts & Spectres will turn out to be average people & what yuo think of as Friends will turn out to be enemies, if you want soemthing to keep you steady on Lost, chose the unexpected & the twisted...

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet
                            Lost amkes you think, it makes you use your brain, If people who are used to slouching back in their sofa's, with litle pictures & brainless garble being fed to them, then Lost isn't for them...

The show centre's around Mystery, interpretation & suspence, If you're becoming to aggrivated for the answers, which WOULD spoil the entire concept of the show, then by all means Don't bother watching.

The answers aren't going to come to you like 'that'. The producers don't want to give you the correct answer as they 90% do on average shows, they want you to THINK, if that concept is foreign to you, Don't watch.

Plus, Think plausibly, UFO's, Satan, Time Travel aren't sensible ideas...

If you're scared of Plot twists, Lost will be a nightmare for you, what you think are Ghosts & Spectres will turn out to be average people & what yuo think of as Friends will turn out to be enemies, if you want soemthing to keep you steady on Lost, chose the unexpected & the twisted...
                            You said it quite well The Prophet. Lost is not the typical TV show and it does make you have to think. The scariest and most difficult things to accept are not monsters, etc. it is what people can do and are capable of doing to each other in extreme situations.
                            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
                              Season two was awesome. Fans who disliked it weren't pleased with what the answers to certain questions were. Simple.
                              Simple?, hardly, I respectfully disagree with your assumption that people that who disliked season II did so because they were not "pleased with what the answers to certain questions were." My main problem had to do with the lack of progression in the storyline and the fact that some of the actors seemed like they wanted to be somewhere else. Plus IMHO it went from being unique to ridiculous. Judging by how the shows ratings fell off from season I, especially by the time they got to the second half of season II, I wasn't the only one.
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                              X