No announcement yet.

Morpheus (1002)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who like me watch SGU.. it was interesting to see the actor who played Dale Volker in this..

Comment

Landry: You can't cram for a psychiatric evaluation.
      Vala: That's what they want you to think.

Vala's duel with the psychiatric evaluator is funny. The polygraph test reminded me of a very old Simpson's episode.

The off-world mission was, meh, okay. It was too easily resolved. SGC doctors manufactured "a serum that isolated the parasite and starved it out," whatever that means, and they did it in only several hours. *rolls eyes*

Comment

I loved how she turned the tables on Woosley right at the end..

Comment

The idea was better than the execution, imho. I would have liked to see more made of Sam & Daniel teaming up. Not a lot of that lately.

Not a big fan of spending that much time on Vala, but I can see why they had to spend some time.

Comment

Good episode it does not help if you watch it if you have not slept for 24 hours so stay out of the booze LOL
            sigpic

You got nothing on my smileys

Comment

Just watched this ep again, and Vala's psych evaluation makes me laugh every tims, and poor Woolsey, she got him good in the end
              no means no, and so does pepper spray
              Sig by The Carpenter
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                Just watched this ep again, and Vala's psych evaluation makes me laugh every tims, and poor Woolsey, she got him good in the end
                I thought it was inappropriate and totally unfunny. Do you know what rumors of sexual harassment do to a person's career? Plunk her on the Paradise Lost moon and be done with her. It was also obvious they had forced that B story to make her look more willing to work with Earth.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Especially in the military.. Know of 8 people who got out cause of it (3 were pushed out, 1 was canned after the threat of court martial, and the other 4 decided to take early retirement cause they knew if the stayed in they would not make rank).

Comment

This wasn't so bad, considering Vala was in it. But a bit of a filler ep.

Comment

Kind of a dull episode. I liked Ms Black's b plot but don't think it fit well with the A plot. I thought the doctor did a good job. I know I have seen him in a bunch of other stuff but can't figure out where.

Comment

Which one. One of the 2 doctors was also playing Volkar in SGU.
                        Benjamin Ratner (doctor Hutchinson) also starred in Wormhole extreme.
                        Robin mossley (doc reimer) also was in Window of opportunity
                        Patrick gilmore (Dr Volkar in SGU) was also in SGA (episode harmony as a Genii officer),
                        Toby Berner (grimsby in this ep) was not in any other SG show i can see.
                        Chris Bradford (medical technician) was also not in any others.

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                          I thought it was inappropriate and totally unfunny. Do you know what rumors of sexual harassment do to a person's career? Plunk her on the Paradise Lost moon and be done with her. It was also obvious they had forced that B story to make her look more willing to work with Earth.
                          Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          Especially in the military.. Know of 8 people who got out cause of it (3 were pushed out, 1 was canned after the threat of court martial, and the other 4 decided to take early retirement cause they knew if the stayed in they would not make rank).
                          Guys, you are not serious here, are you? You accept people visiting other planets by the use of a stargate, and everything that goes with it - and you accept it being fictional. But if a character - here an alien character - who is not familiar with the sensitivity of such comments and more over delivers those lines in a way that very obviously are to be perceived as joking - then you get all "down to earth" and cannot distinguish between fiction and reality anymore? THAT is sooo... Well, I stop here, because I think, this is really - let's call it "unclever".

Yeah, people might get kicked out their jobs, if issues like the ones implied arise. But gee, they would have gotten kicked out long before that for all the violations of rules, that had been done over the past 9 years. Did you complain about these, too?

The only inappropriateness I see are comments, that want to force a political correctness on a fictional alien character. I find that really grotesque. And mind - I am female!

I enjoyed Vala's psycho-test a lot. It was funny and CB again was doing a great job.

Comment

But that she did it IN a military base, is where i have the issue..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              But that she did it IN a military base, is where i have the issue..
                              So? Most of the SG1 character would have failed a psych in the real world on a military base.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Loved this episode. Vala trying to cram for a psych evaluation and ultimately passing Wolsey’s test. Everyone knew that Wolsey didn’t try anything with Vala, and it is just Vala’s style to make that stuff up.

I enjoyed the off world story, even though it seemed a quick solution at the end.

I guess this is where Falcon Horus stopped her rewatch.

Comment

Working...
                                X