X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello i'm french

hello everybody, my name is kevin, and i'm french and i'm 21 years old
    i live in france, my citie is Malesherbes (you can see this citie with google earth )
    So i will be delighted to talk with you, of the "french life" and "american life", or just to improve my english (and if you want,your french), because as you can see i'm quite bad
    i take you my msn address: [email protected]

++++

kc01

Here's a thread you may be interested in visiting:
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=6106

Welcome to Gateworld!
    sigpic

Comment

Hmm, I dunno you don't sound french.

Comment

Welcome to GateWorld.

I am traveling to Belgium for three months to study in Louvain and work with a member of the European Parliament in Brussels. I am trying to learn as much French as I can before I go. Right now, I only speak English and Spanish.

Do you have any advice about learning French?
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Hello.

It's been many years since I have been to France, but I still have fond memories; albeit primarily regarding Paris. I did not, unfortunately, spend much time in the countryside during my most recent trips during the late 80's.
          I did enjoy the south of France quite a bit during a trip to Spain in 1973. That would be a very pleasant place to retire.

In regards to your desire to practice your English, I have taken the liberty of making some corrections to your post, in what I hope is a helpful manner. I must say though, you already have an excellent command of Written English.
          I wish my command of French was even 1/10th as good as your command of English.

==================================================

Your post, uncorrected:

hello everybody, my name is kevin, and i'm french and i'm 21 years old
          i live in france, my citie is Malesherbes (you can see this citie with google earth )
          So i will be delighted to talk with you, of the "french life" and "american life", or just to improve my english (and if you want,your french), because as you can see i'm quite bad
          i take you my msn address: [email protected]

Your post, corrected; with the corrections in bold. I have seperated the sentences for easier reading, not for proper paragraph breaking. The main thing that I saw was in regard to capitalization. All nouns should be capitalized and a Noun is a Person, Place, Thing or Idea:

Hello everybody, my name is Kevin, and I'm French and i'm 21 years old.

I live in France, my city is Malesherbes (you can see this city with Google Earth.)

So I would be delighted to talk with you, of the "French Life" and "American Life", or just to improve my English (and if you want, your French), because as you can see i'm quite bad.
          I give you my msn address: [email protected]

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
          - Stephen Colbert
          "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Comment

Hello DysfunctionalVeteran

Thank you to help me in english, and no problems, it is what I want

But do you have msn ?

+++
            kc01

Comment

Nope. No msn.

"Atheism - the religion devoted to the worship of one's own smug sense of superiority."
              - Stephen Colbert
              "Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish."

Comment

In english we greet family, friends, co-workers, and people in public places by saying, "hi" But we also use the greeting "Hello" the same way.
                In french is there only the greeting of "bonjour"?
                What about "alors"? Is that used in french?

Comment

hello

In french, there is not only the greeting of "bonjour", but we use too "salut"

"alors" is not used for the greeting.

++++
                  Kevin

Comment

Bonjour Kevin and welcome to the board. I have a question for you...Does the average French citizen on the street (so to speak) hate Americans like it's portrayed by the media. I know the French get a bad rap here in states, but mainly for the decisions of Jacques Chirac and politico's, it not necessarily towards the French people.

Also how did the you guys feel after Zindane head butted the Italian player and got booted from the game. Are they blaming him for the defeat?.

Comment

hello Starbase

We can't say that the french people "hate" americans, but just they dont like George W. Bush But i think too that the french people dont like also Jacques Chirac.
                      the media exaggerate a little lol
                      Your presidents can be elected only twice, not in France, you are lucky.

Me I will like to go to the USA (my grand father is american lol)

French finds damage but also normal the gesture of zidane.
                      They aren't blaming him for the defeat.

++++
                      Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by kc01
                        We can't say that the french people "hate" americans, but just they dont like George W. Bush
                        Kevin, I want to visit France while I'm studying in Belgium, but I don't speak very much French (I only know Spanish and English). I am told that French people get very angry if you go to France and do not know the language. What is the best way to approach people so they do not get angry if I don't know the French words that I need? Am I better off just keeping my mouth shut and running to the American embassy?

Thanks,
                        Matt

Et dit dans mon mauvais Français...

Kevin, je veux visiter la France tandis que j'étudie en Belgique, mais je ne parle pas beaucoup français (je sais seulement espagnol et anglais). Je suis dit que les français deviennent très fâchés si vous allez en France et ne savez pas la langue. Queest-ce que la meilleure manière d'approcher des personnes ainsi eux est pour faire pour ne pas devenir fâchée si je ne sais pas les mots français dont j'ai besoin? Est-ce que je suis mieux outre juste de maintenir ma bouche fermée et de courir a l'ambassade américaine?

Merci,
                        Matt
                        Last edited by Major Tyler; 21 July 2006, 03:15 PM.
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

hello Matt

You are not bad in french, better than me in english

Dont worry, the France is not North Korea at least not today lol

To approach french people, large smile is sufficient lol

+++++
                          Kevin

Comment

hello Starbase

We can't say that the french people "hate" americans, but just they dont like George W. Bush But i think too that the french people dont like also Jacques Chirac.
                            the media exaggerate a little lol
                            Your presidents can be elected only twice, not in France, you are lucky.
                            There are a lot of Americans that aren't to happy with our current president as well. Heck I voted for him twice but I kind of regret it now, although I am not sure that Gore would have been any better. And we are lucky that our president can only remain in office for 2 terms.

Me I will like to go to the USA (my grand father is american lol)
                            If you ever come to the states make sure you make it to northern California. I work in San Francisco and live near the city. EVERYONE has to visit San Francisco once in there lifetime, great food and restaurants, perfect climate weather all year round, nice friendly locals, great night life and clubs and the scenary is second to none. Its just so damn beautiful here!

French finds damage but also normal the gesture of zidane.
                            They aren't blaming him for the defeat.

++++
                            Kevin
                            Thats good to hear, you hate to see anyone that has had such a great career that plays as well as Zidane get vilified because of one heat of the moment act.

Comment

Working...
                            X