No announcement yet.

Home (109)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have to watch it again this was a fantastic episode. this time i will watch closer and see what u mean MyzteriouZ about the ramp thing
    sigpic

Comment

I didn't mind this episode. At the beginning when McKay takes off his hazmat mask/helmet, then there is a quick flick back to him with the helmet back on and then the next time it is off again. But besides this, I felt they did a good job of giving hints that something was different without it being obvious. I found it interesting that Sheppard realised the subterfuge first.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

I liked this episode. It poses an interesting question of what it would be like for the team if they were able to go back. The fact that it was all an illusion was a cool idea, although it has definitely been used by other sci-fi shows before. Still, I thought it was pulled off well. I liked the part where Sheppard pulled out the gun and shoots his friend who is supposed to be dead. Definitely makes it look like Sheppard has gone off the deep end for a minute, there! But everything ends up well and they convince the mist-guys to let them go. Hurray for happy endings.
        Signature by Glitch33.
        sigpic
        Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Elorendil View Post
          I liked this episode. It poses an interesting question of what it would be like for the team if they were able to go back. The fact that it was all an illusion was a cool idea, although it has definitely been used by other sci-fi shows before. Still, I thought it was pulled off well. I liked the part where Sheppard pulled out the gun and shoots his friend who is supposed to be dead. Definitely makes it look like Sheppard has gone off the deep end for a minute, there! But everything ends up well and they convince the mist-guys to let them go. Hurray for happy endings.
          I agree
          sigpic

Comment

A happy ending for once. It was interesting to watch certainly, especially when they first started to realize something was wrong with their reality. But Simon still bugs me, he doesn't act differently enough to the Tollan guy the actor played on SG-1.
            sigpic

Comment

Pretty good episode, I would give it a 7/10

Comment

This was an interesting episode. I think I started getting suspicious when General Hammond greeted Weir at the gate. I know something was said about reporting to General Hammond and the Pentagon, but I still would have expected O'Neill to greet anyone coming back from Pegasus, since he was in command of the SGC at the time.

Then when Weir was the only one shown on the ramp, it seemed rather odd, since I had assumed all four of them had come through.

There were other clues, as well. When Ford told Walter that he had been having a good time visiting his "parents", it seemed odd, since they had never been mentioned prior to this. He said goodbye to his "grandparents" when he left earth, and his message in "Letters from Pegasus" were to his "grandparents" (no mention of "parents").

And it seemed odd that McKay even still had an apartment after so many months in Pegasus. It seemed to me that given how it was assumed the expedition might never return that he would have given up his apartment and put any belongings in storage.

The same thing with Shep, who looked decidedly suspicious when he and Teyla got to "his" apartment. He acted like he wasn't sure it was real (which, of course, it wasn't).

Anyway, it was a good episode.

Comment

I love this episode. First and foremost it was wonderful to see the redoubtable Don S. Davis again. I almost cried when he faded away with the SGC. I miss them both so much.

Beside that, this is an extremely clever episode. It's entertaining when you don't know what's going on but when you watching knowing what's happening it's just downright brilliant. There are all these subtle cues and miscues that fit together when you actually know what to look for. JM & PM wrote a materful script and Holly Dale (a director I'm not familiar with) did a great job bringing it to life.

I liked that all the little discrepancies were slightly unsettling, but not ominous. So I felt a little like our characters in the story. It's sort of a dark episode when you think about what was really going on, but it has a lightness to it.

Anyway, this one is definitely among my favorite of the first season.

Comment

Another one of the episodes I remembered watching all that time ago!

I loved the opening scene, with the gate just showing above the mist and the clear starry sky above it.

Living in an alien, bug, plant induced illusion seems to be a favourite theme in Stargate, and SGA I recall seems to have most of them! Since I like how they do the variations on the theme these were the types of episodes I tended to pick out when I bought the SGA season sets.

This one is one of the memorable ones due to the wonderful way it leads the viewer all over the place. One minute you believe with the characters they are in a real place and then little things start to build up that tell you otherwise. I liked how we didn't hear the "this is not real, this shouldn't happen." dialogue. Instead we watch with the characters as they work their way through the odd things to the moment when they know something is definitely wrong!

The fleeting moment where Sheppard glances at his Johnny Cash poster in his apartment was a great clue! McKay eating what would be a months old open bag of potato chips and happy they were surprisingly edible was funny, the genius seemed to be the most clueless in this case!

Because we didn't know that the characters were realising things were odd, it made the scene where Sheppard shot his friend all the more shocking and unexpected.

Definitely one of the best episodes of season 1 for me.

Comment

Average episode.

That wormhole sequence looked funky.

Here's the thing, you'd expect Weir (or McKay) to think that it was BS from the get go because Hammond's a Major General. They should've known Hammond was a 3-star General.

During the ending part, I heard some music that probably would be repurposed/rearranged for SGU.

Tomorrow, A storm is brewing on Atlantis.
                      sigpic

Comment

Joe Mallozzi's notes on the episode:
                        http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...arter-and-win/
                        HOME (109)

My favorite episodes to write are the kind that throw the audience a curveball. Things seems straightforward enough but, gradually, things take a turn for the weird and, slowly but surely, one begins to realize that not all is as it seems. I’m talking about episodes like This Mortal Coil, Revelations and, of course, Home in which our heroes are presented with a means of returning to Earth, an opportunity they take only to learn they can’t go back to Atlantis. Or so it would seem… The hints that something is amiss are subtle at first (follow Weir’s appearing/disappearing necklace) but, as the episode progresses, the clues leave no doubt that the team (and audience) are being played.

The original draft of the script had Teyla joining John on an exploration of Earth – a walk in the park, stopping for ice cream. I loved the fish-out-of-water aspects of the sequence and the subtle suggestions of a burgeoning romance, but the network wasn’t as enthusiastic so I ended up losing those scenes in the rewrite.

Torri Higginson’s adorable dog, Sedge, makes a brief cameo in this episode, appearing as Simon’s adorable dog…Sedge.

Well into Atlantis’s fifth year, I kept pitching that we should end a season with Weir, Sheppard, McKay, Teyla, and Ford waking up on the mist planet.
                        sigpic

Comment

As far as earth missions go this one was alright. Saw a lot worse in SG-1.

It's good how at first you don't know that anything is wrong.

I think I say this all the time but it's so great to see Don Davis again. I get pretty upset thinking that he isn't around any more I wish I could have met him in person at least once.

Typical of Shep to be the first one to notice something was up.
                          sigpic

Comment

My LiveJournal post
                            Wow, loved it. Very surprising.
                            "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                            "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                            "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                            "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                            >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

Midweek, another ep of Atlantis.

1. I still use my original '04 post as an example of how easy it is to confuse Yanks!

2. Then I remember everyone appearing separately.

3. Hammond showing up...don't think that was ever that obvious a telltale. Atlantis didn't answer to Jack at that point and Hammond could plausibly have ordered Jack to stay out of his way for whatever reason.

Still a decent ep bearing in mind I knew the whole thing was fake even first time round.
                              Last edited by Matt G; 20 June 2012, 12:53 AM. Reason: Oops!
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Hey Matt G you realise you keep saying SG1?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X