Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 345 ... LastLast

Thread: Poisoning the Well (107)

Default Re: Poisoning the Well (107)

"How many Hive ships are activated?"

"All of them."

That's not really an answer. How many is ALL? Two? Three? Three hundred? I'm surprised they let him get away with such a vague answer.

I'd like to dedicate this thread to the memory of Steve (b. ep 101, d. ep 107)

May he rest in pieces. And may Sheppard find a more entertaining captive to test out his quips on...

Would anyone else like to say a few words before we close the coffin?

Quote Originally Posted by TheHomegaMan
    Would anyone else like to say a few words before we close the coffin?
    Eleka nahmen nahmen
    Ah tum ah tum eleka nahmen...

Wait, wrong show...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    "How many Hive ships are activated?"

"All of them."

That's not really an answer. How many is ALL? Two? Three? Three hundred? I'm surprised they let him get away with such a vague answer.

This surprised me too. I thought they would push him for all the information they could get out of him. Maybe Sheppard thought that they wouldn't get anything out of him, and it would just be a waste of time.
    Daniel:Nyet
    Jack: Daniel?
    Daniel: He just asked me if we were Soviet Spies. I just...
    Jack: Nyet???

Eleka nahmen nahmen
    Ah tum ah tum eleka nahmen...

Wait, wrong show...

No one Mourns the Wicked! Er...Steve. Steve was a bad guy that we will forever remember...with fondness...?...

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

I liked this epsiode, it still didn't have an entirely smooth feel, but it's certainly on the same lines as late season 1 early season 2 of SG1. Good story, but sort of inconsistant or unsure characterization.

The title made the plot kind of predictable to me, but eh. So... Katherine's random list of unrelated comments...

- Ties. I always thought hanging little nooses around your neck was a kind of odd custom on earth, but in the a galaxy far far away?

- Steve. I just wish that more people had taken to calling him that. It was really amusing to me for some reason. Sometimes Sheppard feels a little too Jack-like to me, but this was a line I couldn't have seen Jack saying.

- Having spent way too much time studying international conferences and agreements, I took some perverse amusement in the idea of Wraith eating 1920s statesmen. Completely geeky thing.

- I liked the Star Trek reference, it was a nice touch. Especially the line about McKoy being the doctor Dr. Beckett played in real life.

- Teyla is far less annoying in this epsiode to me, and I think they are handling Weir much better.

Good moral dilemma story. The difficulty in the various decisions that had to be made. And once they felt that they made a wrong decision, or was starting to head down the wrong path, how they tried to correct themselves.

I'm just wondering if Dr. Beckett made copies of the research to continue on his own and 'perfect' the drug.
    No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

Quote Originally Posted by crazylinguist
    No one Mourns the Wicked! Er...Steve. Steve was a bad guy that we will forever remember...with fondness...?...
    Well, maybe not fondness but certainly I'm disappointed about paths not taken and opportunities left unexplored.

Steve is OBVIOUSLY no Fiyero.

I'm on a major Wicked kick (as also evidenced by my sig), so I'm finding excuses to work things in anywhere.

Lieutenant Colonel Major Fischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJFavorite
    Good moral dilemma story. The difficulty in the various decisions that had to be made. And once they felt that they made a wrong decision, or was starting to head down the wrong path, how they tried to correct themselves.
    I think one of the ideas in this epsiode was that once they had made the first wrong decision, and it's not even clear which one was the first one (and shouldnt' be), than they really had no way of correcting it. Slipperly slope.

Well, maybe not fondness but certainly I'm disappointed about paths not taken and opportunities left unexplored.

Steve is OBVIOUSLY no Fiyero.

I'm on a major Wicked kick (as also evidenced by my sig), so I'm finding excuses to work things in anywhere.

maybe fondness was too strong a word. I feel the same way you do about the missed opportunities ...And yes Wicked is lots of fun. I should go find my CD...

OK, here we go. All my stupidity aside. Seriously. Starting now.

I'd say this was one of the better episodes of Atlantis to date. I mean, it had something for almost everyone. Those of us who wanted more Steve got more Steve. The Beckett fans thought it was practically Christmas day. Even the one or two people who wanted more offworld and less Atlantis got what they were looking for.

I can completely understand the rather high amount of support for the resolution approving the drug. These people accomplish so much only to be smacked back centuries in their development. I remember seeing somewhere that the Wraith tend to cull something like 95% of each herd's population. Better a guaranteed 50% than 95% dying to feed the Wraith. We may not have liked the results, but it was their choice to make.

Sheppard got screwed on info from Steve, no doubt about it. Like Shadow said, he told them nothing. "All of them" could be 1 or 1 million. I'm just wondering if they'll try to bag another Wraith to see if they can get anything more out of the next one. Knowing how shows work, probably not.

Weir is having to face the music. She's finally realizing that the rules work great when there's a solid civilization to enforce them. Out in Pegasus, they're a luxury. I'd like to see an episode where she goes too far down that slippery slope and is forced to climb back on her moral high ground.

Teyla's role? I've got it! She's Jiminey Cricket!

And what are they gonna do about Steve's corpse? Yes, they've done an autopsy but are we gonna put Steve in jars? Steve on ice? Get some Athosian taxidermist to stuff Steve all Planet of the Apes style? I need closure here!

Yes this was a good one. Not too much action in it but you can't always have that. I like a good moral dilema episode anyway. It kinda reminded me of the whole Tollan thing back on SG-1. How they wouldn't give technology to people who didn't have it.(different I know but it reminded me) Perhaps the Atlantis crew will be more hesitant, helping with things like this in the future.

And Steve's corpse? Hold an big funeral service for him ...in all seriousness, they will probably study it. They couldn't pass up that chance.

Will they leave any pieces behind for the locals to play with, maybe see if they can find a cure for their cure?

Will they leave any pieces behind for the locals to play with, maybe see if they can find a cure for their cure?
    They might. If the silly locals even care to look for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mio
    I agree. Steve was a MUCH more interesting character than....

hmm...

Teyla. I still don't like her.
    not to mention that Steve had the more convincing wig. I swear, that silly thing on Teyla's head gets worse every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mornington
    not to mention that Steve had the more convincing wig. I swear, that silly thing on Teyla's head gets worse every week.
    I'm thinking about getting a pet and naming it Steve.

Maybe I can dye a hamster blue....

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Hmm, this episode was practically a Teyla'less episode, without counting the small lines she had, but maybe i missed some of her scenes since someone was talking to me at the sametime.

Steve was the only Wraith we've experienced that isent some big guy in armor. Besides the Wraith Woman in 101. Steve was a badass with the Long hair and moustache and that stride he did...

He was my fav character.
    http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/7187/Earth.jpg

^ Earth Rules.

"And I hope noone forgot to feed my Rash'nak"

-Daniel, "Icon" Season 8 SG-1

Quote Originally Posted by PYRO
    He was my fav character.
    The characters you want to keep, they kill off, but the characters you want soooooooo much to die, they stay for the whole series.

This was really good.

- Story was OK, seemed a little more interesting on paper.
    - Not enough McKay
    - Beckett was great, especially his Gate-phobia.
    - Steve.... I have never laughed so hard in my life. I can now never talk to a man called Steve without laughing, I'm actually laughing right now... it's just so funny
    - Speaking of which, I'm awaiting the Shep/Steve slash thread to start

It's probably my least favourite ep so far (not that that's bad or anything) but Steve definately saved it