This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomsday Theories - Possble Spoilers

Ok I know its ben discused at length elsewhere but I thought with 1.5 days to go until the episode I felt it needed its own thread.

This isnt my idea of an ending, just some theories based on what is known and events in 'Army of Ghosts'. Here goes:

Rose: I agree she doesnt physicaly die, but perhaps dies 'inside'. I think that as a result of the war she survives but looses everyone she cares about one way or another and is left all alone. I think either/both Mum and Mickey will either die or be 'converted' by one or other of the invaders. The Doc will leave her behind on earth when he leaves, most likely because he thinks Rose has died in battle, or has to leave in a hurry and cannot come back for her.

Daleks: These i think are a different creed from those in 'Parting of the Ways' Those were the imperials led by the emperor dalek. This time its the other sort (Supreme Daleks?) led by Davros. The Genesis Ark, must contain Davros, he created the daleks, so it seems logical that he who was the 'Genesis of the Daleks' should be within the 'Genesis Ark'. Unless in this case 'Genesis' has some other meaning.

Earth: It will survive or at least one of them will. The Doc will find a way of healing the rupture between universes and (hopefully) send the cybermem back to where they came from at the same time. Of the humans who stays in which 'earth' when the rupture closes I cannot begin to guess, so any or none of the AU freedom fighters may remain in 'our' world.

Torchwood and other issues: I am guessing it will survive and this will be the starting point for the new series. I would also guess Captain Jack comes in at some point but agiain I wouldnt like to guess how, when where etc, but if the character is to bein the new Torchwood series then he must appear in this episode. Perhaps he will be the key to defeating the Daleks?

OK Now Discuss....!!!!

My only decent theory on Doomsday is that the big cliffhanger will be the arrival of the Master on Earth in a/the Voidship. RTD is not stupid; he's not gonna create within the continuity a way for beings to escape our Universe (and the catastrophic events of the Time War) and then waste it on some Daleks, not when he could bring back some Time Lords. And if you've gotta bring back a Time Lord, who better to bring back that the Master, the anti-Doctor, the ultimate foil and foe for our intrepid hero. The Master is smart and cunning enough to escape the Time War, and he's devious and evil enough to manipulate the Cybermen and the Daleks into attacking Earth, the Doctor's favourite planet. It'd be brilliant! Fantastic! Beautiful (to use exactly the right words)!

Comment

Already a four page thread ofr discussion on the series finale

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29597

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
        Already a four page thread ofr discussion on the series finale

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29597
        Is there really - wow!

Except my thread refers specificaly to 'Doomsday' not the whole two parter and specific issues within it in particular. My thougths would have just gotten lost in the other thread.

I notice noone has commented on the detail of my post - just added their own theories and criticised me for starting a new thread. I was hoping to generate some debate/discussion.

Never Mind

Comment

Originally posted by richardf

Torchwood and other issues: I am guessing it will survive and this will be the starting point for the new series. I would also guess Captain Jack comes in at some point but agiain I wouldnt like to guess how, when where etc, but if the character is to bein the new Torchwood series then he must appear in this episode. Perhaps he will be the key to defeating the Daleks?
          Why does he have to appear? He doesnt work there, he works over at another Torchwood base in cardiff.

Also, as its been said, there is one of these already, its for Army of Ghosts AND Doomsday, so whether this is for one of the episodes or not, it is a repeat thread, and needs to be merged. Not a rant, but you came of as being pretty arogant there.
          Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
          - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
            Why does he have to appear? He doesnt work there, he works over at another Torchwood base in cardiff.

Also, as its been said, there is one of these already, its for Army of Ghosts AND Doomsday, so whether this is for one of the episodes or not, it is a repeat thread, and needs to be merged. Not a rant, but you came of as being pretty arogant there.

Ok sorry, didnt mean to sound arrogant. Maybe it should be merged, i dont know. Hey it was late when I posted that last message, perhaps I wasnt thinking straight. Just dont like being ignored when posting to these forums I guess.

Comment

Working...
            X