This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPOILERS 'Sanctuary'

(MAJOR SPOILERS through Acts 4 and 5 -- the very end -- of Stargate Atlantis' "Sanctuary." Proceed with extreme caution!)

Chevron Nine has discovered new details for the episode entitled 'Sanctuary' . The episode is written by Alan Brennert and will be directed by James Head.

When the Atlantis team travels to the distant planet of Procul-Arum. A place in which McKay thinks is just too good to be ture, and for once he may be wrong....

Once on the planet the team meets a woman called Chaya, who is the high priestess of Athar. Athar, a goddess that the people of Procul-Arum pray too. The people of the planet know nothing of war, sickness, and are always happy. The Atlantis team hopes that thye can use Procul-Arum for the sanctuary of those made refugees by the depredations of the Wraith. The team brings Chaya back to Atlantis, where she explains to them that her planet is protected from the Wraith by Athar, and Athar will not allow outsider colonization of Procul-Arum.

Meanwhile, McKay is sceptical of Chaya and her beliefs about Athar. He believes she is some kind of trojan horse, and he decides to investigate.

McKay exposes Chaya for who she really is, Athar, a Ancient in human form. Athar was punished by the others for interferring when the Wraith came to conquer her world. Her punishment was to protect that planet's people for the rest of time. The catch is, she cannot allow others to settle their for it would bring the wrath of the others upon her.

During the episode, Sheppard and Chaya/Athar begin a relationship and are attracted to each other. They also do the sharing of souls thing that Carter did with the Anceint man from season 5's 'Ascension'.

'Sanctuary' should begin filming somtime early next week.

Idun, Chevron Nine
    Last edited by GateWorld; 05 August 2004, 08:33 PM.

Chevron Nine - A Stargate Atlantis Fan Site

Check out Chevron Nine's exclusive new interview with Stargate Atlantis director David Winning

So that means we're going to meet a flesh and blood Ancient!

Maybe she can teach us how to properly use Atlantis, or how to build a ZPM... This episode DEFINATLY looks worth watching!!!!
    sigpic
    In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Or maybe if they violate the code set by the Others, the Others might stop her from using her abilities and the Wraith might come and she might die.

You just cant let a Ancient live on... SGA would just die if they found a ZPM on season 1.

Comment

I think its cool that they will meet a real flesh and blood anicent That could help us properly use Atlantis and Help us built a ZPM and that Major Sheppard has found someone he could have a relationship with but I think Sheppard would be off with Weir

Comment

Just thought I'd add this little tidbit: In this episode, we see a planet untouched by the Wraith (life has been preserved). One of this episode's characters is named Chaya, which is Hebrew for life. Coincidence or not?
          Rocky

Comment

End of the show? Well, we still have some time to wait
            __

__

Comment

So will that goddess get to Atlantis or not?
              "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

How often do we find aliens actually willing to help us with technology? I have my doubts that she would do anything for us...
                Games 'n Stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonlor
                  How often do we find aliens actually willing to help us with technology? I have my doubts that she would do anything for us...
                  Well, the Aschen come to mind. They did plenty for us. Unfortunatly, most were bad, so maybe that isn't the best example I've ever come up with.
                  Rocky

Comment

Eh, what is actually that sharing souls? Is here somebody that kind to explain it to me please or at least link me somewhere where i can find out more about it/?
                    THX

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

I also didn't get this. IS Chaya and Athar the same person???

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                        Just thought I'd add this little tidbit: In this episode, we see a planet untouched by the Wraith (life has been preserved). One of this episode's characters is named Chaya, which is Hebrew for life. Coincidence or not?
                        Life, huh? You learn something new every day. To answer your question, I think it´s entirely plausible that her name is meant to symbolize her fate.

Coincidentally, 'Liv' in swedish also means 'Life'.
                        Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

Wait... Chaya/Athar HAS to be an ascended ancient who takes human form (like Orlin did) She cannot be a true flesh ancient.

Reason: If she was a true fleshy ancient, then the Others would not stop her from interfering because then they would be interfering themselves. This rule would only apply to her if she was ascended.

And how can you do the sharing of the souls, if you arent ascended?

But the twist that Chaya is Athar is quite interesting.

Comment

I think Chaya is the leader/speaker of the people and Athar is the ascended Ancient who's protecting the people.

I don't know how happy I am to be meeting an Ancient again. They don't really seem like the nicest people - Athar's punishment for helping the people is to be stuck on the planet. And the only nice Ancients are the one's who "rebeled" or "disobeyed the others" such as Orlin and Oma.

We'll just have to see what happens.

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

I like the sound of this episode seems really good. Much better than that trash SG-1 is becoming.

To those who go "Wier and Shepperd should date". Why? The S/J shipper thing is going to hell and wrecking the show, I don't care if they get to gather or not just don't bring down the show. Plus Weir has a boyfriend, and Shepperd will go out with girl Teal'c first.
                              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Working...
                              X