This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient City Names?

Does anyone have any good names for Ancient cities?

Two I know of are: Atlantis and Lemuria (The possible name for the city in SGA Episode 'The Tower') I'm also thinking Celestia might make a good name and a rival for the Ori city Celestus.

Hmm... Celestia... has a nice ring. Lemuria sounds familiar, what is it from? Was the name mentioned in the series?

Pacifica! Another Atlantis city originally located in the Pacific Ocean. Arctica, the city from the north pole. And of course the one from the Indiana Ocean--INDIANA!

A wolf spider just landed on my foot. Freaky.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Roma?

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper
        Hmm... Celestia... has a nice ring. Lemuria sounds familiar, what is it from? Was the name mentioned in the series?
        This is a quote from wikipedia; Lemuria is the name of a hypothetical "lost land" variously located in the Indian and Pacific Oceans

I read somewhere on Gateworld that Lemuria was considered to be the name of the Ancient city in 'The Tower'.
        Last edited by waykins; 05 July 2006, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Its also been mentioned in the Lost section (in case you've been in there)
          sigpic

Comment

The name for the City of light in something I was writing was called Allestia.

(I know it's similar to my name)

Comment

Plenty of names are out there. Shangra-la, Albion, Avalon, Thule, Lemuria, , Hyperborea etc

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

hmm lantien city names... give me a sec to brush up on my greec mythology

Orichalcum would make a great city name if its gona be based around the lantien millatery/law.

go with a classic, the lantien city Olympus, 'city of the gods'.

Alexandria would make a classic name aswell

Timaeus and Critias the twin cities, after Platos first accounts of the city of Atlantis.

ok lets just throw some names around now...

Azarena: i think this name would go well with a lantien city thats been overgrown by a forest.

Colandra: i say this name and see a lantien city surrounded by fileds and medows.

Orin: i think this would make a great name for a obital lantien city.

Talas'min: maybe a lantien city that is adrift and badly damaged in space.

Polerian: would make a nice name for a lantien city on a wintery planet/moon.

these names have come from one of my books that i've been writing.

hey TheInnkeeper im so lovin ur Arctica and Pacifica ideas.
                we come in peace, quick shoot to kill

Comment

Tinkerbell....dunno why *Shrug*
                  Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Here're a few links on Lemuria...
                    http://www.crystalinks.com/lemeura.html
                    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lemuria_(continent)

That'd be something interesting to toss into the Stargateverse. But for pete's sake, DON'T CALL IT LEMURIA. That's a modern name that comes from the little furry animals!

...Furlings?
                    [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Originally posted by Prior_of_the_Ori
                      Plenty of names are out there. Shangra-la, Albion, Avalon, Thule, Lemuria, , Hyperborea etc
                      not avalon
                      Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                      encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                      3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                      4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                      5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I'm a fan of "Tinkerbell", personally.
                        We could also have "Mr.Smee-ia". They could be sister cities.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

The Ancient city of Tinkerbell... oy, Jack would die.
                          [center]springhole.net - stuff for writers, roleplayers, and such creative people.

Comment

Dalriada
                            (I noticed our thread starter is a Scot)
                            sigpic
                            "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova
                              Dalriada
                              (I noticed our thread starter is a Scot)
                              Yeah and proud of it, :Waves to everyone:

Comment

Working...
                              X