• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking the Stargate

In one of the Seaon 9 episodes the Russians talk about
    Spoiler:
    taking the stargate back,
    why haven't we had a new one built? I believe the Tollans (I know the Tollans were wiped out) knew how to build the gates and I'm sure the Asquard know how; the Asquard help us build are spaceships I'm sure they could help us build a gate.

But I guess if we got a new gate, we would have to give Russia thier gate back and therefore loose the monopoly on gate travel and risk bad realtions with our allies (alien) as the Russians would probably be less tactful in dealing with other civilizations.
    Last edited by kiwigater; 29 June 2006, 07:01 PM.

Hey, the Russians could do fine represented Earth, the only problem is that we would have to coordinate our efforts with them (like, hey don't talk about x in front of y race, it pisses them off, etc.) and we'd have to be careful to get our teams to the right gate.

Also, we'd have to agree to let each other's teams come though our gates in emergencies.
    I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

We can't build a new Stargate. It's not within our means.

The only reason the Tollan were able to build their's is because they had the help of the Nox.

We all assume that the Asgard are the most advanced of the remaining Alliance of Four. . . but that's just an assumption. The Nox have nothing to do with us anymore and haven't been in a single story since season three, and we've never seen the Furlings.

For all we know, the Asgard are the least advanced of the set. We only assume the Asgard are the most advanced because they're the only ones we've seen.

And the Russians don't want the Gate back anyway. They just threaten to take it back whenever they want something else. . . their own SG Team, F-302 plans, the next 304. Keep in mind that when the Russians had their own program, it was the military twisting the Russian President's arm into it.
      Last edited by Bragi; 29 June 2006, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Your right about the emergancies thing, and I mean the Russians in the show not reality (I don't want to affend anybody).

Do you think the SGC should have their own gate built?

There should also be a E.U. gate, they could put it in London and have 2 gaurds stand next to it with tall fuzzy hats/helmets.

Comment

Well...
          Spoiler:
          we only stole about 20 gates from Ba'al last season. We could only use one of those.
          The Russians tried a Stargate program, didn't go too well. In reality it would be safer just to have our gate on Earth as a departure only for SG teams and arrivals for alien races and from the alpha site. I think one of the most dangerous times is when an SG team returns (for a foothold situation). You reduce this by using the Alpha Site on a return.

Edit for spoiler tags

Comment

This is why we need an international Stargate Command like Atlantis! Joint Russian-American teams! Of course its only right that the Irish should be in charge

Comment

I think that one of the races could build us one if the russains really want our stragate back. I mean the main problem we had wiht the nox before was they buried thier gate but now with all the ships and stuff available to us we could go there and talk to them. I think it's really high time we found out what happened to the Tollan and go deal wiht the nox again.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Conor
                This is why we need an international Stargate Command like Atlantis! Joint Russian-American teams! Of course its only right that the Irish should be in charge
                The only problem with that is then the other countries will have there own agenda. The Chinese already teamed up with the Russians to get the Gate from us saying they can run it better when all actuality they just want it for there own benefit and would probably cut a deal with Baal if Baal promises to leave them alone like on Jonas's planet. No matter what anyone says about the Chinese and how advanced they are and all that, they still can't be trusted and if they could then they wouldn't be a threat like they are today. So the Americans should keep the Gate for safe keep because we won't turn on anyone. And the Russian, well they already had there own gate and they needed s to fix two mess ups . One when there Gate wouldn't close and the other when there team was trapped in the cave with the bug/gua'uld and you all know how that turned out. Hell we even have to keep it from our own people and make sure it doesn't get into there hands as well. NID/Trust/Kensey. So although they aren't contentents on it Thor ould like it t remain in the UAF control and the rest of the country representitives agreed.
                *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzt Do'Urden
                  I think that one of the races could build us one if the russains really want our stragate back. I mean the main problem we had wiht the nox before was they buried thier gate but now with all the ships and stuff available to us we could go there and talk to them. I think it's really high time we found out what happened to the Tollan and go deal wiht the nox again.
                  If we can't even settle are petty differences on Earth I realy don't see anone building a Stargate for us. After all they won't even give us advanced medicines to us muchless a Stargate. Even the Engines and shields come with an Asgard now. "Just remember Hermiod if they do anything stupid beam the engines and and yourself to the nearest Asgard Vessal"
                  I also don't think it would fly when they ask us what happenedd to our other one.
                  Thor; What do you mean you need a stargate, what happened to the one you had?
                  Landry; We had to give it back to the Russians.
                  Thor; You mean it wasn't even yours.
                  Landry; It's complicated.
                  Thor; It doesn't sound like it, It sounds like they took back something that is theirs and no you can't get another one stupid. Go and figure out your differences. Fifth race my butt, not in this life time.
                  *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzt Do'Urden
                    I agree we should go back to Tollana to see what the damage was, I know there has been other threads about that, as far as the Nox I would like to see them again but maybe we should have the Asquard approach the Nox on our behalf since they have a prior relationship. I don't think the Nox trust us that much, but maybe seeing that the Asquard trust us and work with us it might persuade the Nox to have a relatioship with Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Clinux
                      I agree we should go back to Tollana to see what the damage was, I know there has been other threads about that, as far as the Nox I would like to see them again but maybe we should have the Asquard approach the Nox on our behalf since they have a prior relationship. I don't think the Nox trust us that much, but maybe seeing that the Asquard trust us and work with us it might persuade the Nox to have a relatioship with Earth.
                      I think something very drastic happend to the Nox and that is why they are the way they are now. The Great Allience had to be formed for some reason. Maybe along time ago the Nox was a waring race and then something happend they went all nobody is going to die again on our watch.

Comment

Tollana should be safe now that the Goa'uld are out of power so it would be interesting to se the effects of that power vacume on the tollans as far as not having a relationhip with the nox i think that's lazyness on the part of Earth and the guys in charge of its ships
                        sigpic

Comment

I think we should only have one operational gate. It just makes things easier. However, having a new backup gate would be nice, since we lost ours.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Hey whatever happened to the mini gate that the alien built in Sam's basement? The alien that stalked her and only she could see. I don't remember what kind of "being" he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Clinux
                              Hey whatever happened to the mini gate that the alien built in Sam's basement? The alien that stalked her and only she could see. I don't remember what kind of "being" he was.
                              He is a little boy living out the remainder of is short life on Earth now. He is the little boy that helped sam come up with the Vaccine for the Plague taht the Ori unleashed on Earth. He is/was an Ancient Ascended being.

Comment

Working...
                              X