This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tactics with 304's

With the new threat of the ori, the threat of the wraith and that of the lucian allaince and being out numbered in every battle its clear that the tau'ri need some new tactics for 304's in battle. Try to only use what the 304's currently have available to them eg nukes, beaming etc.

Personally I think we need to exploit nukes more for example equipping 302's with them and with some sort of detenation button which the 302 pilots could detenate once they got to a safe distance but clearly this would only work with the wraith hives

P.S running is not an option!!
    Last edited by Puddle-Jumper; 28 June 2006, 11:34 AM.
    I dunno what to put in here now..

We need something between deep-space carriers and f302's. Some sort of cruise bombers designed specially for anti-mothership missions. They should carry some naquada-enchanced nukes, missles and rail guns for defensive fire. Fighters are used just for attacking enemy fighters, they are not suitable for attacking motherships.

Comment

With the new threat of the ori, the threat of the wraith and that of the lucian allaince and being out numbered in every battle its clear that the tau'ri need some new tactics for 304's in battle.
      ya we do it's called running
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by StarGi
        We need something between deep-space carriers and f302's. Some sort of cruise bombers designed specially for anti-mothership missions. They should carry some naquada-enchanced nukes, missles and rail guns for defensive fire. Fighters are used just for attacking enemy fighters, they are not suitable for attacking motherships.
        Yeah a smaller ship perhaps a bit bigger then a tel'tak but of an earth design clearly would allow for much more effective attacks I think and for alot more different tactics

And running is not an option!!!
        I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

it would be good to have a big fleat but are we starting to get like startrek
          sigpic
          Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
          Metal gear fan

Comment

I like the idea of running (Joke)

A good tactic...hmm, moving instead of just sitting still?

As for ships/star trek
            Ships have always been in Stargate and was a natural evolution of the show.
            Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

i think that they should incorparate some things from the PJ's.... like the cloak/shield thing.... and maybe reverse engineer the drones, they seem to have a powerful effect....

Comment

The should reuse the tactic from Fallen: Use a 302 to go into hyper space just long enough to go through the shield, then it can attack from inside the shield. They could even build missels with small hyperdrives that would let them go past shields. Even the ori would probably have a hard time creating a defense for that.

Comment

i know this has been said before but. i think we need a mid sized craft about the size of an Al'kesh. for attackin other ships

"Pillar's new album The Reckoning will be in stores October 3rd!"
                  http://starships-rpg.com/enlist.php?recruiter=Northern

Comment

I dunno, our ships compared to others are very small. Smaller than Ha'taks, and Wraith cruisers which serve the purpose you mention.

If anything (although this will never happen) we need large mother ships, and to turn the 304's into the cruise type ships. The already carry missles, nukes, and rail guns.
                    An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

What we need are some extremely heavy energy weapons on the 304s.
                      I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                        I like the idea of running (Joke)

A good tactic...hmm, moving instead of just sitting still?

As for ships/star trek
                        Ships have always been in Stargate and was a natural evolution of the show.
                        Maybe we can run around them in circles util they get dizzy from watching us do it. Then they fall to the ground and die like good enemies.

Best Stargate quote:
                        Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                        Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper
                          And running is not an option!!!
                          whatsw rong with running at least you have a chance of living that way look hweat happen in ethon
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                            Maybe we can run around them in circles util they get dizzy from watching us do it. Then they fall to the ground and die like good enemies.
                            OMG! Thats a FRACKING AWESOME idea
                            Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Mal Reynolds
                              whatsw rong with running at least you have a chance of living that way look hweat happen in ethon
                              If they had just popped off a couple of missiles as soon as they came out of hyperspace, the Rand would never have known what hit them and the station would have been vaporized before it could begin to get off any shots.

Yes, exactly. If we're smart, though, we'd make it small enough to fit into the carrier bays of the 304's. That way it can take advantage of the asgard hyperdrive. It can be equipped with it's own human-built drive for shorter range travel.

My proposal would be to have something somewhere in size between, say, a F-15 and a B-1, maybe around the F-111 or so in size. It would be big enough to have room for a hyperdrive; either naquada powered or using naquadria and a buffer system of some sort. And, yes, I realize it didn't work out well on the Prometheus but I think with the lessons we learned from that and the tech we've developed in the last few years we could do it again with better results. Main engines would be based on the ion propulsion technology we got from the Serrakin. The craft should be equipped with shields of some sort since it will be making attack runs against heavily defended targets like capital ships. From a weapons standpoint dual railguns and possibly a rear-facing turret are a must. On top of that it would also be able to carry the full range of missiles in the USAF arsenal, everything from air-to-air missiles (for defense) to naquada enhanced nuclear cruise missiles. Probably the ability to carry bombs for any ground attack roles would also be a plus since it wouldn't add much to the complexity and makes it suitable for a wider range of roles.

Comment

Working...
                              X