Clear All

Revolution (224)

Stargate: Horizon - Season Two
    "Revolution"

"Revolution"
    Ep: 2.24
    Release Date: June 29th, 2006
    Written by Alex Rubit

Stranded aboard the Ancient biosphere, Horizon-1 seeks a way to survive while the rest of the galaxy prepares to hold their ground against the devastating Enoly attack.
    Outstanding
    65.22%
    Good
    26.09%
    Fair
    0.00%
    Poor
    0.00%
    Terrible
    8.70%
    Click on banner to visit the Stargate: Horizon homepage.

This is the moment we've all been waiting for. The 90 minute season finale has arrived.

Well, it's been a long, and in my oppinion successful season. We can look back at 24 episodes. It all began with the introduction of a new regular character and several new recurring characters, as well as a situation in Vorian space that would overshadow the entire season. Over the next couple of months you can expect the release of some special hiatus features, there'll be a poll where you can vote for your favorite Season Two episode, there'll be previews for Season Three, the release of episode titles and first info on episodes, with a little luck there'll finally be some CG images that we can release, and you can expect a special Season Three Prequel, which will be coming out around September.

Stargate: Horizon will be returning on October 26th 2006!
    Last edited by Alex Rubit; 02 July 2006, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Ohh, first person to comment. I liked the ep - there was a nice balance between the battle sequences and the character moments, and I'm intrigued by De'sya - a suggestion that there may be other nebulan acting as humans? However, (and this may be an unfair criticism as it's only the end of season 2), I feel somewhat robbed by how easily they wiped out the sphere. I know that lots of ships were destroyed, but it seems like any time a threat emerges it's instantly wiped out - just like the season 1 finale or "Path of Revalation". I'd like to see the Enoly/Draque/Sentinals make a larger impact on our galaxy.

On the other hand, the impending civil war promises to have a huge impact, and I can't wait until October 29th to see what happens next.
      Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

GREAT episode, much better than 223.

That is the way to end a season. The nebulan woman interacting w/ Callen and showing him the path he is meant to follow adds to the great importance both Callen & Grant has.

I look forward to the new seasons of SG1 & Atlantis, but I wait w/ the same amount of anticipation as I do for both those shows as I do for Horizon.

Other than a couple episodes I wasn't thrilled about, this season was awsome. Yes, I used and 80's word to describe it.

Comment

which earth ships were destroyed? I know that the Valiant and the Bellerophon survived but what about the Atlas, Prometheus, Odyessey, perseus, persephone? There were nine daedalus-type cruisers yet, why were only 7 named? I was counting the Valiant as one of them. so will we ever see marcai again and will the war with the kih'andri be the main stage for Season 3? This was a good episode glad i got to read it. if this was a real series you guys would get a huge rating. 2 thumbs way UP!!!!!!.

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
            Ohh, first person to comment. I liked the ep - there was a nice balance between the battle sequences and the character moments,
            Thanks. I'm glad you liked it.

Getting that balance right was actually one of the big challenges. I think we haven't had any other episode that's had the order of scenes moved around as much during the writing and revision process as this one.

and I'm intrigued by De'sya - a suggestion that there may be other nebulan acting as humans?
            Oh, there are, there are. There was this Sergeant Fuller guy back in "Gambit."

Of course there's a chance we might eventually see additional Nebulan having taken human form.

However, (and this may be an unfair criticism as it's only the end of season 2), I feel somewhat robbed by how easily they wiped out the sphere. I know that lots of ships were destroyed, but it seems like any time a threat emerges it's instantly wiped out - just like the season 1 finale or "Path of Revalation". I'd like to see the Enoly/Draque/Sentinals make a larger impact on our galaxy.

On the other hand, the impending civil war promises to have a huge impact, and I can't wait until October 29th to see what happens next.
            Yeah, I have a feeling it will make a bit of an impact.

The biosphere wasn't completely destroyed, of course. I personally would find it interesting to go back to it one day, and perhaps see its inside which is of course no longer functional. I guess it depends on whether or not the right story will come along.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard
              which earth ships were destroyed? I know that the Valiant and the Bellerophon survived but what about the Atlas, Prometheus, Odyessey, perseus, persephone?
              Hmmm. That's a good question actually. We might find out in Season Three.

There were nine daedalus-type cruisers yet, why were only 7 named?
              There's no reason really other than there was no point in the episode where we could have mentioned them all by name - meaning in the dialogue. If we had just named them in the script, that wouldn't have made it to the screen anyway if this were on TV.

But we'll be seeing more ships soon, and we'll be hearing some more names.

I was counting the Valiant as one of them.
              The Valiant isn't a Daedalus class ship. It's... a Valiant class ship.

so will we ever see marcai again
              It's possible.

and will the war with the kih'andri be the main stage for Season 3?
              Maybe.

That's really all I'm allowed to say at this point. For one, because we're still in the earliest stages of maping out the season.

This was a good episode glad i got to read it. if this was a real series you guys would get a huge rating. 2 thumbs way UP!!!!!!.
              Thanks a lot. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Comment

Dude... dude. That was incredible. Season all-time high. Four stars. And then some.

OVERALL: ****

Comment

Originally posted by SirGrimlock
                  GREAT episode, much better than 223.

That is the way to end a season. The nebulan woman interacting w/ Callen and showing him the path he is meant to follow adds to the great importance both Callen & Grant has.
                  I was quite fond of that storyline too, which was one of the reasons to go with an extended length episode. If this had been a one hour episode, we would have had to cut that entire b-plot... and more.

I look forward to the new seasons of SG1 & Atlantis, but I wait w/ the same amount of anticipation as I do for both those shows as I do for Horizon.

Other than a couple episodes I wasn't thrilled about, this season was awsome. Yes, I used and 80's word to describe it.
                  Again, many thanks. I'm glad to hear you liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
                    Dude... dude. That was incredible. Season all-time high. Four stars. And then some.

OVERALL: ****
                    I have a feeling the review for this one will be one I'll be looking forward to a lot.

Comment

I'll be making an effort to write a lot of reviews on Sunday, because I'll finally have the whole day to myself! Lately I've been contending with the 'Personal Fitness' summer course demon. So, Revolution, I will definitely write a review for soon. Top priority. It deserves, no, it demands, to be reviewed. Amazing job, Alex, way to go.

Comment

I liked it very mutch, thanks for wrighting such an interesting series!!!!!!

Comment

I've been away from home all week (and I shall be for every week for six more), but I'll say, since I didn't right it, that this episode was excellent and Alex did a spectacular job on it.

Here's an interesting fact: We were considering destroying the Bellerophon and killing Mackenzie Logan, but we'd like to think that they both have much, much, more potential.

Lots of death this season: Williams, Seeta, Elin, Beaumont, Vre'nan, and countless redshirts. Work on season three has already started.

My first season on Horizon was loads of fun, thanks for all the comments and criticisms, guys.
                          Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                          Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                          Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                          Stargate Destiny, Fan
                          Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

My God, what a Finale.

Man if this ep was actually filmed I think I'll be in heaven with the space battle.

What a great idea to end a battle and to start another battle for the 3 season.(that is if were going to get another in the season 3 openning)

The tone of the ep was nicly balanced.

5/4 for this ep
                            Amazing work Alex
                            sigpic

Comment

Well..I'm not sure what I think. It has the same maring the pilot did for meBy evident influence from other films/series. Too much Star Wars! I mean, surely you could have gone about having a different way of the weapon working...but it ended up like the Death Star, and I found that somewhat disappointing. I did like the battle sequences, they were really well written too. Was slightly surprised to see F308s and the Persephone.

I liked the stuff with Callen and De'sya, if anything that'll bring him and Grant closer through friendship since they both share this interaction with the Nebulans now. What I'm happy to see is that your going to be having an active storyline revolving around mythology (albeit Vorian and it'll probably not last the entire season) but I found that was something Horizon always lacked-Mythology.

Hehe, I told you they'd take Marcai out. I feel rather sorry for Lenori (which is your intention "duh"! lol). It's somewhat saddening seeing the usual peppy and perky doctor becoming sad and worried and lost. It did have some nice character moments in this, but I feel, now more than before, that you just have too many main characters. Chris still feels redudant, Tom could do her job with the AT. And Grant's dialogue seemed iffy at places.

I did enjoy it, but I'm still not sure what I thought in the end.
                              Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 01 July 2006, 08:58 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Working...
                              X