This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S/J Friendly Debate

Ok people: fight it out Sam and Jack antishippers and shippers!

(in a loving, caring, respect for others way. ie. dont upset anyone here! the key word of the thread title being "friendly")
    THANKYOU so much annelies!!! (samjackshiplover)
    Spoiler:

Originally posted by littlebluestring
    Ok people: fight it out Sam and Jack antishippers and shippers!

(in a loving, caring, respect for others way. ie. dont upset anyone here! the key word of the thread title being "friendly")
    Hopefully we're not looking to start a flame-fest, here are we?

If you're looking for simple opinions, i'm sure that's ok. Otherwise, the mods may shut this one down.

Comment

Well I find this a good idea as long as everyone respect eachother opinion.

Comment

Friendly debate about any ship isn't likely to happen. But, in the interest of attempting such...

I have never been Jack/Sam shippy. I understand the attraction between the two, and how the friendship has grown over the years, but I see each married to the career with no room for a ship until one of them retires.

Comment

Never bothered with shipping myself. I've found it to be hostile sometimes. I lurk the ship threads sometimes. In my experience with shipping, i've had a few hostile remarks because i said something that a couple shippers disagreed with, and they took it out of proportion. So unfortunately that left me with a somewhat negative view on shipping as a whole. Obviously, the vast majority of shippers are not like that. But it only takes one or two to sour the whole bunch.

Comment

There is already a ship discussion thread here
            sigpic

Comment

I've only ever had a few run-ins with shippers (mostly over non-related minutae) but I find most shippers to be pretty open minded...contrary to popular opinion.

When I look at Sam and Jack...I see two people who are obviously attracted to each other, but also care deeply about each other and love each other...And I just think it's a shame they've not been able to be in a relationship because of regulations and other circumstances.
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

OK I am a shipper and well I do get it that people don't want to see it in a show but I find it that more interesting to watch their interaction... the little things they do that makes stargate more than a scifi show. they are so ment for eachother. they have something going
                and yes it is true that it is against the regs but still if you have feelings for eachother you can not hide them.
                And their job is really important... but they are starting to see (after Threads) that there is more than work.

Comment

I think shipping would well if it were integrated properly into the plot and story lines. "Kirking" and stuff like that just detracts from the overall quality of the show in my opinion.

Comment

When I look at Sam and Jack I see two highly decorated members of the USA's airforce on the verge of a highly illegal relationship which would at the very least spell the end to one or both career and would give lots of fuel to those who want to bar women from a place in the military due to the mistaken idea that any unit with a woman in it will lead to trouble and inappropriate behaviour. And even if one or the other retired, the accusations would still fly.

What fans do in fanfiction and with their own creativity is entirely up to them, I encourage and applaud them in whatever they enjoy doing and remain convinced that they do a better job than those running the show.

FF
                    sigpic

Comment

I think Kirking's a different thing altogether, and one that few people condone...I think that's been half of Atlantis's problem this past year.

I think there are some episodes where they've tried to fit in ship and it didn't work, but other times it works really well
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                        There is already a ship discussion thread here
                        Thanks, bev!

I think the point of this thread was to debate the ship pros and cons. Is that done there or is it just the pro-ship POV?

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Q O
                          Thanks, bev!

I think the point of this thread was to debate the ship pros and cons. Is that done there or is it just the pro-ship POV?
                          It's a pro/con discussion thread.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                            It's a pro/con discussion thread.
                            Ah...see I just don't get to the shippy stuff that often. Thanks, bev!

I think maybe the mods should just roll this over there or let it go then.

Have fun, all!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              I think Kirking's a different thing altogether, and one that few people condone...I think that's been half of Atlantis's problem this past year.

I think there are some episodes where they've tried to fit in ship and it didn't work, but other times it works really well
                              LOL, I have said the same thing about Atlantis!
                              As for the S/J ship, whether you are for it or against it, you must admit that the controversy around it has probably helped make the show such a long running success. I am a shipper, but I would be o.k if Sam and Jack did not get together fully (by fully, I mean wedding) until major motion picture number three. I want to see some ship this season but not so much that it would become the show's main focus. I like the way Star Track the Next Generation didn't let its main ship sail until the final movie.
                              Last edited by Gate gal; 27 June 2006, 10:33 AM. Reason: misspelled word

Comment

Working...
                              X