This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Actor non SG TV/Movie News & Appearances

Please post in this thread for actor news, appearances, non-Stargate TV and film roles, and other news regarding actors who have appeared on Stargate!

This thread is specifically for non-Stargate related projects from our favorite actors. Fan conventions, upcoming talk shows where it's reasonable to expect they'll talk about Stargate, et cetera belong in their own threads (or the appropriate existing thread).

Thanks!
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Originally posted by Darren
    Please post in this thread for actor news, appearances, non-Stargate TV and film roles, and other news regarding actors who have appeared on Stargate!

This thread is specifically for non-Stargate related projects from our favorite actors. Fan conventions, upcoming talk shows where it's reasonable to expect they'll talk about Stargate, et cetera belong in their own threads (or the appropriate existing thread).

Thanks!
    So where does that leave the thread I just posted in? "A Dogs Breakfast" about David Hewlett's film? Will you just merge it into here

Comment

Originally posted by Willow'sCat
      So where does that leave the thread I just posted in? "A Dogs Breakfast" about David Hewlett's film? Will you just merge it into here
      Hmm, good question. This could be very confusing. You'd have to check the thread constantly, then weed through questions and whatnot to find information. I know when a few of my threads in the news section, I'd questioned why and was told that the news section was getting too busy, and I had suggested a new thread devoted to actors only, but I guess what I really meant was a NEW SECTION. A thread will just create a problem if say, Fan A sees news on RDA doing say, a guest spot, and then twenty other fans make the same post not realizing there's already news in the thread. It's like tossing ALL the apples - MacIntosh, Delicious, Rome, etc. - in one barrel and then having to find the one you want...

Comment

Discussions of non-Stargate related projects will take place here. If you would like to create a single thread dedicated to one of these projects, they can be made in the Off-Topic folder and a link can be posted here.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Existing threads will remain as they are. This is an effort to control the rampant clutter going on. We have so many dedicated individuals posting new threads for each and every topic that the news section was getting horribly cluttered and unreadable, often with a near constant mod presence needed to merge redundant threads.

This is an attempt to control that clutter.

And like Tyler said, this will be a one stop shopping for announcements, if folks wish to discuss the topic further, they can make a thread in off-topic and link to said thread
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            Existing threads will remain as they are. This is an effort to control the rampant clutter going on. We have so many dedicated individuals posting new threads for each and every topic that the news section was getting horribly cluttered and unreadable, often with a near constant mod presence needed to merge redundant threads.

This is an attempt to control that clutter.

And like Tyler said, this will be a one stop shopping for announcements, if folks wish to discuss the topic further, they can make a thread in off-topic and link to said thread
            Well I don't like that idea at all. I mean it will be a miss mash. I can see loads of stuff just getting lost and that goes double for posting things in Off-topic those threads move faster then any other, post it one minute and it is page two the next.

I get the reason behind this I just think it hasn't been thought through from the perspective of the once a day or even once a week poster; why can't we just have a separate section for this even if it was added to the off-topic area but in a separate section.

No don't like it at all. Sorry but there it is.

Comment

No don't like it at all. Sorry but there it is.
              Well that's certainly your prerogative.

At this point I'd like to remind people to remain on-topic...thanks.
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                Well that's certainly your prerogative.

At this point I'd like to remind people to remain on-topic...thanks.
                Well on topic... and as I posted in the A Dogs Breakfast" thread David Hewlett said his movie ADB will be submitted to festivals this month. He also clarified that it is a feature film.

Comment

As an side, since we have to use this folder now, people should put headers in each post

ACTOR
                  DATE APPLICABLE (especially for one-time appearances)
                  DETIALS

Otherwise, it will be just like the "sightings" folder.

Comment

Corin Nemec's "Hidden Secrets" is due for a limited release in theaters on October 6, 2006

Official Movie Site
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

The Monsters & Critics Movies web site has a film review of "Man in the Chair" which co-stars Mitch Pileggi:
                      http://movies.monstersandcritics.com...ir_Film_Review

(Please follow the link for the complete review.)

Movies Features

'Man in the Chair' Film Review

By April MacIntyre Jun 28, 2006, 17:53 GMT

This is a review for a movie you probably haven't heard of, is not in theaters yet, and currently has no distributor. That fact won't be for long. This film will be the dark horse of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, and with any luck, will be in theaters prior to the 2006 holiday season.

You heard it here first; it's that good.

"Man in the Chair" is an original screenplay, written and directed by Michael Schroeder, whose most recent works were primarily low budget genre features and commercials. The film was lensed by cinematographer Dana Gonzales who recently worked on Tony Scott's film, Deja Vu in New Orleans, as a camera operator.

It is a hybrid of a story, part buddy movie and a coming - and ending - of age tale. There is a powerful chemistry between the two leads, Michael Angarano, recently seen in "The Lords of Dogtown" as Sid, and legendary actor Christopher Plummer, who called his agent at ICM after reading a copy of the script, agreeing to play the part of "Flash Madden", a broken down, alcoholic Gaffer (term for set electrician) retired and living in the Motion Picture Home in Calabasas, California.

**snippity doo-dah**

The story is centered on Angarano's "Cameron Kincaid," a 17-year old kid who flirts with the law, underachieves at school, is at odds with his loving mother and his constantly indifferent and derisive stepfather, "Floyd", both played pitch perfect by Mimi Kennedy and Mitch Pileggi.

**snippage**

© 2003 - 2006 by Monsters and Critics.com

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana
                      Last edited by morjana; 29 June 2006, 06:27 PM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

If we must use this thread can people at least bold and enlarge the name of the actor!!

I only care about a couple of the actors so I don't want to have to read too much to find the ones I am interested in... If we must use this thread.

Comment

If we must use this thread can people at least bold and enlarge the name of the actor!!

I only care about a couple of the actors so I don't want to have to read too much to find the ones I am interested in... If we must use this thread.
                          Yeah, agreed.

Comment

STARGATE ATLANTIS
                            ACTOR: Connor Trinneer ("Michael")

June 29 2006

http://eclipsemagazine.com/modules/n...p?storyid=1692

Interview with Connor Trinneer (Michael from SGA's "Michael")

Since Enterprise boldly went into television history, Trinneer has made an
                            impression on the fans of another spin-off show, 'Stargate: Atlantis', the
                            off-shoot of the long-running 'Stargate SG-1'. Trinneer plays Michael, a
                            genetically-engineered part-human, part-Wraith, in season 2 of 'Atlantis' and will
                            return for two episodes in season three. Trinneer finds the character and the story
                            intriguing, particularly how Michael challenges the ethics of the Atlantis
                            team.

"He says, 'You did this to me. You did this to me to make me more human. You
                            did this; what does this say about you in a society or a group in a time of
                            war?' But yeah, the intriguing part of the story is pretty timely - what's your
                            responsibility to yourself in conflict and what's your responsibility to your
                            enemy? If you consider yourself a civilised society, is it a moral, ethical
                            issue to refabricate somebody's essence or DNA or whatever and make them
                            non-violent?"

*Click on link above for the full text*

Comment

STARGATE SG-1
                              ACTOR: RONNY COX (KINSEY)
                              Date applicable: until July 15th

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1197661.php

LOS ANGELES

The Living Tradition series at The Downtown Community Center in Anaheim presents Ronny Cox and his band, with special guest Terence Martin on July 15. Tickets are on sale for $14. Check out www.thelivingtradition.org to buy tickets.

Comment

Working...
                              X