This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shield charging

Is there some reason that our ships can't recharge their shields in the middle of a battle?

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

The shields will be under constant strain from incoming weapons, the engines are usually at full power for tactical and evasive maneuvering and they are firing the weapons at the enemy usually.

Can't do all that and recharge the shields when someone is firing at them.

Comment

Originally posted by dss202529
      the engines are usually at full power for tactical and evasive maneuvering and they are firing the weapons at the enemy usually.
      What tactical and evasive maneuvering? I have never seen any.

Originally posted by dss202529
      Can't do all that and recharge the shields when someone is firing at them.
      The DSC's ships carry a $hitload of naquadah generators. That is not their primary power source though. I believe the DSC's have an asgard power source. I think the naquadah generators are only for secondary power where needed.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

I've never seen any mention of an asgard power source?
        Matthew
        Shields at full. Ready main rail guns. Ready all missile batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Maf.e.u
          I've never seen any mention of an asgard power source?
          I know, but you don't honestly think that 30 Naquadah generators could power an asgard intergalactic hyperdrive, sublight engines, and all secondary systems all at the same time, do you?

Best Stargate quote:
          Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
            The DSC's ships carry a $hitload of naquadah generators. That is not their primary power source though. I believe the DSC's have an asgard power source. I think the naquadah generators are only for secondary power where needed.
            Don't they use naquadria, or was that just the prometheus?

Comment

Originally posted by rob1990
              Don't they use naquadria, or was that just the prometheus?
              That was just the prometheus. They don't use it anymore because it is far too unstable.

Best Stargate quote:
              Green is your friend.

Comment

where did you get the 30 naq generators stat from?, if they only need 3 to power some of atlantis, im sure the daedalus can run on 1

and i though that in one of the episodes that a single naq generator can power a city the size of like l.a or sumtin, dunno if that was said or not but i though i heard that

sig made courtesy of M2W

Comment

i think it does recharge as it fights because the korolev wasnt even in good fighting condition and took two hits (the first brought it down to atleast 50% FROM SEEING WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ODDESSY, DAMN i hate this comp)then and on the third one it impacted a shield. so it causes me to believe the shield is constantly charging
                  Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by mburrows
                    where did you get the 30 naq generators stat from?, if they only need 3 to power some of atlantis, im sure the daedalus can run on 1

and i though that in one of the episodes that a single naq generator can power a city the size of like l.a or sumtin, dunno if that was said or not but i though i heard that
                    have you ever watched atlantis, they couldnt power it with three naquadah generators, we had limited systems very limited. we dont even have full power now with a ZPM. it takes way more than 1 naq gen to power a DSC.
                    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Originally posted by mburrows

There is no fracking way the Daedalus can run on one $hitty little naquadah generator! That would be extremely irresponsible of the SGC.

Best Stargate quote:
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

The Daedalus probably has naquadah generators located at secondary power stations throughout the ship, like the Prometheus had.
                        However, there must be a main power source.
                        This could be an Asgard power source (least likely imho), a large Naquadah generator (definitely possible), a conventional power source (Nuclear fusion / fission reactor), or maybe a combination of both.
                        Perhaps the hyperdrive and main systems have independent power sources?

Hopefully this will be clarified in a future episode.
                        Prometheus = X-303/BC-303
                        Daedalus, Odyssey, Korolev = BC-304/DSC-304

END OF ARGUMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k5
                          The Daedalus probably has naquadah generators located at secondary power stations throughout the ship, like the Prometheus had.
                          However, there must be a main power source.
                          This could be an Asgard power source (least likely imho), a large Naquadah generator (definitely possible), a conventional power source (Nuclear fusion / fission reactor), or maybe a combination of both.
                          Perhaps the hyperdrive and main systems have independent power sources?

Hopefully this will be clarified in a future episode.
                          I think it's somekind of asgard power generating device.

Best Stargate quote:
                          Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother
                            I think it's somekind of asgard power generating device.
                            Maybe just for Asgard hardwares like transporter, hyberdrive and shields. Other systems are probably powered by human-built power units.
                            "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

speaking of asgard power sources, why don't they use those to power atlantis. I know they probably aren't as good as zpms, but its better than naquadah generators.

Comment

Working...
                              X